Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: United Outer Colonies TDRT Mission 1: Hostage Sitiation in District 26

Natsuko turned on her active camoflauge and began to hover a few inches above the ground. "Understood." Natsuko acknowledged after she changed her radio to internal coms and turned on the encryption. Slowly Natsuko followed Charles and Galar up the stairs, half filled with excitement over the coming confrontation, half with dread. While she would be fulfilling her purpose here, if she wasn't careful someone could die.

After viewing the situation for a while, Xanatos used his comm to speak with David, "One of us could rush him and try to disable him before he can call for help. However, that would be if we could get up to him before he spots us and sounds the alarm." The Tech Sentry pondered some more, leaving a silence for Ai's input.

Ai watched the feed, silently giggling to herself at the Nepleslian popping up to check and disappearing again. It oddly seemed funny.

She shrugged after pondering momentarily about David's question. "Uuuuuuhhhhhh, I'm drawing a blank, so let's go with Xan-san's idea. I'd be willing to do it," she added on the end part, sending the whole thing over the com.

Xanatos felt a small part in the back of his mind telling him to try to dissuade Ai from actually doing it. He wasn't sure for what reason this voice was telling him to do that, but he probably just didn't want to see his comrade injured.. or worse... He remained silent, awaiting David's decision.

David looked over to the others in his group and though about what had been suggested. "I would like to take this as stealth as posible but I don't know we can do that with out opening a new entry way. What we will do is wait untill he raises his head above the barricade and when he opens himself we open the door at take him out as quietly as possible with the laser weapons we have."

As charles and his group advanced up the stair the sound of a door opening and foot steps came down the stairs from 3 floors up. The sound stopped charles dead in his tracks. "Hold up and stay quiet." Charles whispered into his com. As the sound drew closer he slowly slid back and pressed his back against the wall as he slowly drew his knife.

Natsuko pushed back against the wall with a frown on her face. I wish we didn't have to kill him, but it's better than what could happen if he alerts the others to our presence. I guess this is where the road get's rough. Natsuko thought.

Galar positioned himself in a variation of a door-breaching formation, with his rifle at the ready. He would not be taken by surprise, especially with the active camo on. Galar listened to the sound grow nearer and waited for the sound to either get too close, or for action from Charles.

Xanatos nodded slightly as he replied to David "That sounds like a good and safe plan, sir." He watched the feed for a couple more minutes, hoping to find that chance.

"Un, un. Sounds, good." Ai was feeling rather impatient again, as she just kept watching the funny Nepleslian pop and before disappearing.

"Ah, Juni-sama, lethal or just stun?" Key difference in ethics this would make. There was a huge gap between a non-lethal incapacitation of a lone target, compared to a group of power armor killing a single unarmored Nepleslian.

David braced himself to jump through the door. "We are to use lethal force. The stun weaponry will not stop him from letting out yell or some other signal to the rest of his squad. Aim for the motor cortex or brain stem if you can that will result in him being unable to pull the trigger to the gun in his hands." david waited for hostile to look away before he smashed the door open useing his head and slide through on his knee. He opened fire on the hostile as the others hopefully followed.

Charles waited quietly as the footsteps drew closer to his squad. He had slowed his breathing and remained calm as the enemy drew upon his location. The sound of the footsteps were right above them when he whispered quietly into his com to the other two. "Follow me lead and don't fire unless I say." As he finished the three would start to be able to see the feet that had been makeing the noise comeing around the corner of the stairs.

"Un, Juni-sama." Ai was able to mentally shift the pulse energy weapons in the forearms of the Daisy to normal, rather than stun, just before David smashed the door open.

The turrets raised from the forearms in unison with Ai lifting her own arms. She then fired a short burst energy from the pulse weapons, firing over David, as she aimed for the head area.

"Understood." Natsuko said reluctantly as she readied herself to spring into action. Natsuko's body started to ache slightly from being tense for so long, reminding her of how long it had been since she had been in a fight. Heh, I guess it has been almost a year since that time... Natsuko thought before saying a silent prayer Rest well, my sisters.

<ON>

Xanatos didn't fire through the smashed door like Ai and David did. He was confident that her precision would be enough. His own input would only be a waste of ammo as well as it was already overkill. He did however, keep an eye out to see if anyone was in sight range of their 'entrance'.

Ai's shots riped through the Hostiles upper torso and throat. At the same time Davids shots cut throught the enemies eye and throught the bridge of his nose causeing the blood in the area around his cerabellum to boil. The hostile fell over in a pile unable to scream or pull the trigger to his rifle.David rushed up to the body that just fell behind the baricade to cheak to make sure it was dead and put two more shots in his head. "Time to get on with it. Back down the stairs. Two more floors and we will be at the hostages." David started back to the stairs and slowly and quietly advanced.

Charles watched as the Sentry walked down the stairs towards them. The sentry was completely unaware of him or his squad so he simply started to walk by the squad. Charles let him get one step below him before he moved in behind him and rasied his knife in his left hand and stabed in up into the sentry's neck into the windpipe and pulled it down through the jugular and carodid and dug it into scapula. He used the handle of the blade to fling the dead man to the ground and laid on top of his kill as the sound of the senty's last breath subsided.

"Un, Juni-sama." Ai started floating again and followed after David. She took a brief glance at the rather gruesome kill and shuddered a bit. Not exactly the picture she had imagined for her first kill. The turrets of the forearm weapons retracted as she descended the stairs.

Galar waited, until Charles made the kill. Once the grisly deed was done, Galar rushed past him to get a visual further up the stairwell. There was no one there, so, sticking to the wall, he made his way closer to the end of the hallway. So far things were clear. Nothing...yet.

Natsuko moved with Galar, just past Charles and the now dead sentry. As soon as she was past Charles Natsuko knelt down to provide cover for Charles. "Clear." Natsuko reported over the internal radio.

Xanatos quietly walked behind his two companions, making sure that no one was coming up from behind... somehow. "How many hostages were there, sir?" he asked through the comm. There didn't seem to be anyone following them, but that doesn't mean that there actually wasn't anyone there.

David continued down the stairs as he answered the Xanatos. "From reports there are the two senties, two door Guards and two ID-Sols with the hostages." David arived at the door to the floor the hostages were on and went down on one knee and used the Fiber optic probe under the door to see what was on the other side. He quickly opened a link to Charles. "How far are you and your team. We are ready to enter the Floor with the hostages. We will move in and wait for you to arrive before acting." David retreived the probe and slowly opened the door wide enough to fit through. He signaled the other two to follow him as he entered and advanced down a narrow hallway. the hallway ended at a left-ward bend. When David got to the bend and looked around the corner he saw the two door guards Standing in front of a wooden door that appeared to be to an office.

Charles responded to David as he reached the door to the floor that David was on. "We are here boss just give us a second." The door was open enough for the group to move through and as they steped out they exited on the other end of the hallway that David was in. "Hey Boss I can see you!" Charles nodded to David as he moved forward and brought his gun to bear on the two guards. "Ready when you are!"

"Aim for the head and shoot to kill" Was all David said as he swung around the corner and unloaded on the Guards.

The guards would go down as quickly as they'd realized what was going on but it alerted everyone else in there, the ones holding the hostages putting them in front of them like shields as the ID-SOL's turned their weapons in the direction of the guards who'd fallen. Charlie got down to it placing a breaching charge on the door to blow it open fully and gave everyone a gesture to stand back while he prepared to detonate the charge.

Ai stood back from the door, just waiting for the detonation. She had the forearm weapons ready to fire at a moment’s notice should any one go bursting through that door preemptively. It was a bit annoying not knowing what was going on the other side of the door. "Ano, Ashlyn-sama," Ai opened up a com,"whats it like on the main room?" Ai asked, remembering Ashlyn was outside as a sniper anyway, so Ashlyn should know some of whats happening in there.

"They'd barricaded themselves in a corner with the ID-SOL's ready for you it seems like, I can't get a bead on the other one guarding the hostages, but I have a clear shot at the other one." she said to Ai quietly over the communications system. "It'll be tight."

Galar asked the AIES, "Use the thermal sensors. Put them on maximum settings, I want to know if anyone is behind that door." As the thermal sensors went online, Galar was able to see everything in shades of blue to white. He turned his rifle slightly towards the floor and fired. The shots would find their way to the floor around the nearest IDSOL, hopefully destabilizing him. He wouldn't risk hitting the hostage.

Natsuko re-engaged her optical camouglauge, and prepared to rush in as soon as the explosive had detonated. In preporation Natsuko also pulled out a flash bang, "I'm sending in a flashbang as soon as the door is breeched. Make sure you're optical sensors are set to compensate." Natsuko said as she informed her AIES to do adjust for that.

Xanatos quietly prepared for the worse. He readied the pulse rifle for action as the doors were breached.

The shots from Galar tore into the ID SOL’s shins but failed to take the big man down and in fact seemed to just enrage him. Before he could respond to the shots by kill the hostage in front of him his Chest exploded in a flash of vaporizeing blood as Ashlyn fired on the exposed ID-SOL. The remaining ID-SOL responded: "either you lil' shits stop this shit or' I'll pop these hostages starting with the catbitch first!" as the breach went off, blowing the door off the hinges. David gave the sign to flick the flash bangs in.

Ai used gravity manipulation to accelerate quickly into the room, using the camo as well as the confusion from the explosion to get in. She did a quick survey just as she got in, adjusting her trajectory to head for the ID-SOL that was with the hostages. She'd tried her hardest to knee the large ID-SOL in the face at full speed, but would stop as quickly as possible if the ID-SOL somehow noticed her and use a hostage shield.

As Ai’s knee made contact with the ID-SOL’s face the flashbangs tinked and rolled across the floor and went off, provoking a hail of vulgar shouts and random fire toward the door with the weaponry they were armed with.

Galar was in pain from the enhanced thermal optics picking up all the light from the breaching charge. Luckily he had turned it off before the flashbangs went off, but he still had a massive headache. He rushed into the room after Ai, bringing his rifle to bear upon the exposed flank of the IDSOL and aimed for the chest. Firing a long burst into the man, Galar watched the combined effort take effect.

Natsuko accellerated right behind Galar, heading for the second ID-SOL. Natsuko raised herself up slightly and gently rolled the hostage away with her foot before decloaking on top of the ID-SOL with her arm cannon pointed at his face. "I wouldn't move if I were you." Natsuko said over the speaker.

Xanatos moved in, but he mainly went over to protect the hostages. The rest of the team had pretty much vanquished the entire enemy, so he didn't really need to fight. Most of them seemed to be unharmed... for the most part.

When the haze cleared one ID SOL had fallen and the other glaring nasty daggers at Natsuko while lieing on the ground with his face smashed in and tried to pull up his gun to shoot her in the gut at close range. "You dogs of Yamatai..." He sneered a bit. The hostages were ok, shaken up and one of the littler nekos crying in fright but the ID-SOL Ashlyn had shot raised a knife weakly at Xan to try and stab at the soldiers, still blinded a bit. Charlie moved in and helped Natsuko out with the last one. His dying words were a spat curse at them all and hope they died a horrid death.

Ai sighed, relieved it was over, hopefully. Unless they had set up some bomb somewhere hidden, just in case something like this did happen, then they were done. The neko looked over the hostages, doing a brief scan to see if they were alright.

Natsuko sighed heavily. "Well, there goes the neighborhood." Natsuko said over the internal radio. "I think this is everyone, sir. Orders?" Natsuko asked as she stood up and helped up the neko that she had rolled off the ID-SOL earlier.

Xanatos shuffled over to the crying neko and spoke through the speaker in a soothing voice, "Don't worry, you're safe now. We're the good guys. Are you unharmed?" He had his sensors scan the poor thing to get his answer, but the Yamataian also wanted to try to calm her down a bit.

The neko nodded to him lightly and whimpered a little and looked around at all that went on. Soon Caine would come through on everyone's comm systems, congratulating them on a job well done. "I've been watching your progress via live feed/

Galar moved the dead IDSOL away from the crying neko, as it would no doubt distress her further, and deactivated his active cammo as not to scare her. "I hope you aren't hurt; we are here to save you from those bad men." Over the comm, Galar asked David, "Is that all of them? Nothing else we have to worry about? If not, I would like to get these neko's out of here and into medical care, they are no doubt quite traumatized by this."

"That's all of them." David said over the comm. "go ahead and start helping the survivors out and to the waiting ambulance." He instructed them. Charles came visible and nodded to them as the survivors looked around and began to stand up, the little neko calming down some but still seeming a little shaken up. They could walk at the very least.
<OFF>

Caine had been monitoring the situation via a live feed whie on Hotaru station, sitting in his office after going through and approving two new members for the 17th. He'd already set them up with their own beginner's assignments when the first team completed the hostage situation.

A message would come over their com systems. "You've done very well." he said over the radio communication. "But there is something very important you need to be informed of when you return to the Hotaru station. Prepare to turn in your armors, they are going to be returned to Yamatai. The UOC has split off from Yamatai officially and I need to know where each of you plans to go, if you wish to return to Yamatai or stay here. " He said calmly.

"If you choose to return, there will be no reprocussions and no hard feelings kept. If you stay with me in the UOC, you will be required to surrender anything belonging to the military of Yamatai." He said over the com. "Hurry back."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back