• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

3 Day Approval Timer Teleportation Chamber

For use when the 3 day approval timer has been placed on a submission.

Soban

Convention Veteran
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree

I was going to submit this earlier, but I dragged my feet on writing the RP for it. As for why it's Apollo rather than anyone else. 1. Apollo is my company, not anyone eases. 2. I want Apollo to be a part of the industrial complex, and you wouldn't let me just supply parts already designed. This part was designed in response to Wes's comment that he wanted a teleportation unit that was basically one way rather than staying with the armor. There might be other solutions, but this is mine.

I love this item. I have a couple questions that I couldn't specifically answer from the article.
1. Can it teleport items and personnel back to it? IE. Can it teleport a person on the ground to the chamber?
2. Is a receiver needed for sending?

Shouldn't this be in partnership with KFY considering Yamatai's security considerations when it comes to teleportation tech? And thus having damaged units sent back to KFY? I just don't see the company (or any company) being trusted with this tech on their own.

Also, it needs a nomenclature. I'd suggest Ke-S3-P4600, since it could ostensibly be installed on something like a Plumeria-class (S3) and would likely be most commonly tested/installed on those gunships first. If an Apollo nomenclature is desired, I'd suggest "Ao" since "Ap" is a retired AwesomeCorp code.

KFY is working on a separate model that's similar but has a few key differences. It's more like a people transporter, and was originally designed to move people around huge ships like the Izanagi. Let's stay focused on this submission, though.

I'm not super worried about the nomenclature, we can even leave it without one for now if needed.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back