• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

The Art of Exhack

Re: The Art of Exhack "Kekeke Iromarush"

reovanfinishedoj0.png

Reovan, as per the terms of an art exchange with Revolver. Fun as hell. Have to admit, these fanservicey pics are almost worth losing several hours of sleep over.

Thanks again for the art~! You know, I was trying to figure out where you got the jagged design for underneath her eyes and after looking at the first art I did, I realized that the dots just under the shading under her eyes does give that sort of effect.

I definitely need to do the joint plates more like you did here. The way I did them on Shokhi just make them look too much like doll joints.

(Still don't know what ahoge you're talking about, though. You'll have to point that out to me.)

aimg17.imageshack.us_img17_4606_sailship2.png

Well... I'm sold on SAI. My only regret is not immediately realizing that SAI doesn't automatically create a white background for you.

Exhack said:
Well... I'm sold on SAI. My only regret is not immediately realizing that SAI doesn't automatically create a white background for you.

That's pretty amazing Ex, nice use of colors and brushstrokes. I can really get a better feel for this than the two Vayu drawings you did. The glass, the frame panels, the whole back detailing, it all looks great!

It's a very small painting program that is very easy and simple to use. It's very good for those who want to simple draw digital art.

"Civilians, clear this street immediately, or I will be forced to use my sheer awesomeness to make you move. If that doesn't work (which I highly doubt), I'll just use my guns and shoot you with awesome energy."

*geezer voice*

GET OFFA MAI LAWN, YA HOOLAGINS!

Or "Stayin' Alive"; it's just the pose : )

Good, solid-looking armor, Ex.

ai658.photobucket.com_albums_uu304_Exhack_Mecha_BESTVANDRColorbfae7035ea14d8ba960ebc788716c40f.png

For a larger version, click this string of words.

Now, then. Phew.

It's been months in the making, but a (three hour, dammit) whim has finally allowed me to finish the projected successor to the Iroma's current main mecha, the Erla VANDR. Everything in the design is more or less deliberate, so have fun guessing where I borrowed things from.

DBZ (general shoulder-shape, organic-style lines in the armor gaps, general head-shape. Think Cell and Freiza.), Zone of Enders/possibly Xenogears (feet, leg-shape), and Evangelion (groin shape. Evas have a very distinctive shape to their cod-piece.). I haven't watched any of the Gundam series, so I can't pick out those elements. The chest, though, looks very familiar, with the tall pyramid there. I can't place it for some reason. Blades remind me of Protoss, though they're only sharing a color, not the shape or any other facet of Protoss blades.

The legs could do with off-setting a little to make them longer to better contrast the torso and the right shoulder should be perked up instead of slanted downwards (this angle you have implies it is drooped).

Other than that, you has a solid concept here.

I approve.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back