• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

The bullet goes in, but does it come out?

Beta112

Inactive Member
I was just wondering, as the amours and weapons in this game are incredibly powerful, are there exit wounds?

I'm not asking this for sniper rifles and such, which of course will always have exit wounds being amour piercing and all. But I ask for things like the assault rifles and directed energy weapons. I know that these rounds would pierce the amour, obviously or you wouldn't use them, but do they still have enough energy to break though the amour on the other side of the body?

Depends. Plasma has to ablate the armor before it hits the person inside, but it would most certainly penetrate and kill once it burned through. Of course, you could simply be cooked alive inside of your own armor by that point.

I wasn't really getting at weather or not it would kill your, of course it would. I was wondering for the smaller basic amour, the general getup for a soldier. Not the mech and power amour, as it takes multiple rounds to pierce those. (Regular rounds)

But exit wounds play an important role in writing combat, as once they pass though they generally still have enough force to wound someone.

Most factions don't have their normal infantry fight save in special conditions. In those cases, I would say that there are exit wounds, especially with Mass Driver, Plasma and Laser pistols. Yamatai's NSP fires high energy pulses that fry your nervous system, so they rarely have that effect.

I would expect the solid projectiles to do the appropriate real world damage in game, exit wounds would probably depend on the body armor, if any, that the victim might be wearing, range, what have you. But yeah, sometimes, the bullet will come out.

I have seen on the YSS Yui (ah, the old days) a persons head get blown off with a YSA high powered energy rifle.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back