• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Destiny The Captain Cometh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
Arild piloted himself towards the enormous form of the Destiny. He had comandered the shuttle for his sole usage, he hadn't felt like sharing the journey with a group of edgy lower ranks. He watched the Destiny grow larger in the view screen. No matter how much he had read about his new ship, nothing had prepared him for the size. He knew its length of course, measurments and all, but it seemed so much larger.

His shuttle was guided softly into the shuttle bay, and came down with a faint bump. He opened the doors and looked outside. He was instantly hit by the disorganisation, the shouting and inefficiency, somone had messed up on the organisation front.

"Silence!" He shouted, and his voice filled the whole bay. The entire cavernous room fell deadly silent. Arild glared at the people around him "Try and remember who you are. You are members of the Yamatai Star Empire, most of you from the Star Army, you are not savages. I expect you to behave in a more civilised manner. Now continue with your designated tasks, or if you have none go to wherever the AI says. This if the first day of this ship, and if anyone gets brought to my attention it is not unlikely that their time with this ship will be at an end. Do I make myself clear?"

A murmer of "Yes sir." Went through the bay, as they began to go back to their tasks, in a more ordered and productive manner. Arild walked back into the shuttle and took out his bag's, slinging them over his shoulders. He walked through the bay, people parting on either side, and came to a console.

"Computer, what is the current state of the Destiny?"

"We're doing very well, thank you, Taisa Bard. The boarding is going as planned, the colonists will begin to arrive soon, and all systems are at full efficiency. All of the NovaCorp engineers are on board, there science detail, and liasons, the so called Military/Civilian class, are mostly on board. Around a third of the Star Army personel are on board, and more are aproaching."

"Thank you computer. Can you open up the PA system?" After a second the computer responded.

"It is done. Speak and everyone on the ship will hear you."

"This is Taisa Bard. I am in command of this ship, and you are under my jurisdiction. I am not pleased with what I have scene so far, get organised, now! I am not going to let you just lie back and do nothing on this ship, you will be worked, and if you don't like it you can leave. Any complaints can be sent to me, or you can come to see me. Make them good ones, stupidity puts me in a bad mood." His cold, hard voice filled the entire ship. He gestured for the message to end.

"I really would have thought somone would have come to greet me." He said to the computer.

Kojiro was still on the elevator down when the new captian's booming voice hit him like a sledge. He cringed involentarily - too late now.

Once the elevator doors slid open, he literally sprinted to the shuttle bay and arrived huffing and wheezing, but still had the energy to notice that the entire area seemed rather quiet. He looked for the source of this respect and sapphire eyes finally came to rest on the commander. He immediately approached and bowed as was proper.

"Welcome to the YSS Destiny, Taisa Bard," he said in as level a voice as he could manage, "I am sorry for the ineptitude of the current crew, but I just arrived not a half day ago and have only recently begun to organize it into the proper groups."

Arlid looked apraisingly at the young man in front of him. He had enthusiasm, he gave him that. It wasn't seemly in his eyes to be wheezing in front of an officer, it displayed a lack of control, but he never expected anyone to fit in with his ideals.

"It is not ineptude, they are quite capable. It is motivation and order which they lack. There is a differance. I commend you for your efforts." He repositioned the bags on his shoulders "What are you doing currently?" His voice wrang out as both a reprimand, a compliment and a query at once.

"Assigning duties to the Star Army Personnel, Sir. I have set up a temporary headquarters in the city part of the starship and have composed both a list of personnel - you were just added - and a list of needed fields that our officers might have the abilities to work." Koji had control of his breathing by now, and was trying his hardest to look like someone in-charge and on top of the situation. It was harder than it looked, especially in the presence of the new captian of the vessel. This impression could make or break his career. He was very worried that the Captian would ask to be taken to HQ, where he would doubtless see the scarcity of Koji's help and networking systems - the entire network was a single computer which utilized the ship's communication system. It wasn't impressive.

"Computer!" he addressed the ship as an afterthought, "Where is the Captian to be Housed, and remind me which housing block I am in?" In truth, it was the first time he had asked for where he was lodged. He just didn't want to look like an idiot in front of the captian, even if he had been working most of the time.

"I'm staying in the captains lodge. One of the privileges of my position is special accommodation. I am surprised that our crew-men where not given their positions when they where ordered here, but I'm sure your doing a good job with the resources available to you." He turned to console again

"Computer, interface with my wrist computer and arrange all of the crew details, both those present and those not arrived, in alphabetical order. Then divide it into their different ranks, occupations, and then sort these groups into the order of the personnel's quality, I leave you to decide on that. Finally display it on my wrist computers screen."

It took less than a second for the AI to do as the Taisa had asked, a range of occupations came up on his screen. Arild quickly checked that the layout was correct before folding down the screen. "That should help you somewhat.â€

"Yes Sir," Koji said, bowing again as the captian left. Some of the crew looked after him and some looked curiously to Koji. "Well?" he asked loudly, looking around himself, "Get back to it!"

They did as were told, and soon Koji found himself traveling down yet another passage he knew nothing about. Eventually he gave up trying to find his way back to the original elevator and settled on a metal sheathed one. He entered and directed it to top floor - the city.

"Computer?"

"Yes?"

"Where will I be staying?"

"You will be staying in a semi-detached house. Section A, row seven, lot twenty-one."

Koji smiled easily. Two of his luckiest numbers. "Thank you. Inform me of where I am currently?"

The buttons on the elevator were replaced by a holographic map with gridlines. A little red blip signified where he would be coming out on the surface level. "And my house?" The map zoomed out a little bit, and a green dot appeared to signify where his place of residence was. "How about the Personnel HQ?" The computer placed the letters 'HQ' on the map, off to the side of the imaginary line between where the elevator was and where he would be staying.

He was able to look at this for a little bit before the elevator reached the top level and he had memorized it by that time. He went first to the HQ to pick up his duffle bag and laptop, then walked the rest of the way to 7/21 so that he could take a look at what all was being done in this city. So far most of the people on-board seemed to be engineers touching up on their work. He passed quite a lot of this on his way but didn't stop to look closer at any of it. When he finally arrived at his residence - it was the door on the right, as lot #22 was attached - he discovered that the garden out before it was well tended, with many plants that he could name - lilacs, tulips, two rose-bushes marking the single sidewalk leading up to it - and some that he couldn't, having no gardening talent whatsoever. The exterior was white paneling, with a low-incline red tiled roof.

It would be rather pretty on its own, he told himself, but the houses next to it gave the entire lot more of a flowing patterny feel, with different colored rooves and walls, though the shapes were mostly the same.

A few people were looking at him funny through their windows, so he hurried inside and shut the door behind him. The interior was rather plain, but a panel on the white wall near the door revealed that he could dim the lighting or operate the shades easily. After standing there and fiddling around with it for a while he figured out that he could also change the color of the walls and floor - something he found immensely interesting as the color of the panel also changed with the wall, making it fit more with the surroundings. He decided on a light tan wall color and darker beige floor (more of an experiment than a serious pattern). The floor wasn't a rug, more of a flat surface that you didn't slide upon. He had a feeling you could probably warm it with the wall panel. He was standing in a lounge, with a couch and recliner (both rather spartan, and currently a dull gray color) and connected to this was both a kitchen a simple table with chairs and a hallway that led away from the neighbor's house to a bathroom and a bedroom, doubtless also subject to the strange keypads on the walls.

The entire house, though furnished, seemed empty. Oh, he'd fill it with all sorts of things, but it would take a bit of time and effort. Pretty good start, though. Tossing his bag on the couch, he turned and left again (locking the door behind him with yet another panel) and made his way casually back towards the loading bay, where he would try and greet the next few crewmembers - he'd learned from the experiance with the captian that someone should greet these people.

Arild looked at his lodge with some contempt. Whoever had designed it had taken some pretty serious liberties. It was not in his taste to create a mansion out of marble, or to give it turrets and a dome, or an ornate wooden door. He walked towards the door and it opened for him, it appeared that all doors in the ship opened to him automatically, and revealed the interior. He groaned. He had not wanted stair cases, or pot plants.

"Greeting's sir." A voice echoed through the entrance hall. Arild snapped his head around to the direction of the voice.

"Who are you? Come out where I can see you." He placed his hand on his holstered pistol.

"Me? I'm your servant, kindly provided by the good people of NovaCorp. Names Robert by the way." He bowed deeply with a flourish.

Arild thought this must be some sort of joke. Firstly the idea of him with a servant was ludicrous, he looked after himself, secondly the 'servant' wasn't what he would expect. He was a robot, human size, with smooth metallic skin. To finish the look he was dressed in waiter's clothes. He looked ridiculous.

Robert noticed the Taisa looking at him. "Do you have a problem with Robot's sir? Maybe this will be more to your liking." With a wave of his hand, and a shimmer of the air, he was replaced with a well built, black haired man, still wearing the waiters costume.

"I do not need a servant. I would suggest you relocate yourself." Arild did not feel like talking to this eccentric automaton

"I'm afraid sir, that will not be possible. Not only am I your servant, a duty which I would be overjoyed to give up, but I am also your secretary. You will find your work very hard without me. Do not doubt my efficiency, I enjoy this jovial personality, but if you wish, sir, we shall be all business." Roberts voice held nothing of joviality in it now, it was hard, cold. Arild liked it. He was impressed by Robert's backbone, so to speak.

"I will not require to drop a personality you enjoy. Just keep it down a little. What are the matters at hand?"

"Well, the personnel assignments are important, but you can easily give that to Koji. I'm sure he'd like the work." Robert smiled sadistically.

"How do you know about Koji?" Arild responded, bemused

"I can interface with the ships computer, and was watching your progress through the surveillance sir. I was interested in Kaji, so looked through everything the computer has on him. He's a good worker, efficient, and likes taking work onto himself. I always think we should make use of such people," His eyes twinkled merrily "Of course, the assignment of the heads will be down to you, sir."

That sounded reasonable to Arild. "Alright, send a message to that effect Koji and other like him. AI, make sure they work together, not against each other. Anything else Robert?"

"Well the colonists are almost all prepared, and are ready on Nepleslia and Yamatai sir."

"Uhhm. Where's my office?"

"Right through here sir." Robert led him down a short corridor and opened a door, which revealed a well lit study, dominated by a fine mahogany desk, and surrounded with book cases. Arild walked in and sat down on the comfortable chair next to the desk. Instantly several holographic screens came into existence with readout's of the ship.

"I'll be a stone's throw away if you need me." Robert said quietly, closing the door behind him as he left.

Arild spent a few minute aquatinting himself with the ship, he sifted through the needed information before coming to a conclusion. He opened up an address to all the ships planning on intercepting with the Destiny.

"Attention. The Destiny is soon going to engage the CCD in 15 minutes for transport to Nepleslia to pick up colonists. I suggest you get on board before then, other wise you'll have to catch up. Message ends."

Arild opened up a screen on one Tanjo Shen. The liaison with the NovaCorp perennial. Arild didn't know much about NovaCorp, less about it's people. He decided to set up a meeting and sent a message to that effect.

M/C1 Tanjo Shen

I require to see you and discuss the current state, and future, of the NovaCorp personel on the Destiny. Be here at 1800 hours. Bring anyone you need.

Taisha Arild Bard

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back