• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC The Fringe - Discussion

Friendly reminder: if the setting in your post is different from the one immediately preceding it, be sure to note the new location in a header. If it takes place in the same location, a header is optional.

Now that we're an official plot, I need all active players to make sure that they have an up-to-date wiki article for their character.

@Wes - do we need the players to go through the regular submission process?

Yes, but it's basically just you giving them the thumbs-up.

I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend!

We'll be starting the next mission thread where the remaining approved players will be able to join in by the end of the day on Tuesday, so let's wrap up any current loose ends anyone wants to address in the current one. Also, if you haven't already submitted your character wiki page formally on the Submit New Characters forum, please do so ASAP!

I apologize for the delay - I had a much more eventful evening than I anticipated, and won't be able to start the new thread tonight. I'll have it up by midday (EST) tomorrow. :)

The new thread is up! All players who are approved for this plot are free to join as they wish!

As information, Sienna, Amelia, and Oreza will be heading for the Black Moon in the Halna System, specifically, they'll be going to Ye Olde Den, listed on the bottom of that wiki page. Keep that in mind if you wish to post your character's introduction before they actually arrive there.

Let's get this started! :) :) :)

We're getting down to the wire here, players, and since I've outlined the pacing expectations for this plot, I need to get everyone formally approved through the proper channels by this weekend. So far, I have character biographies from Riko and Foxtrot813. The following players still need to submit a formal bio:

- @Gunsight1
- @Yoshi
- @Homeside 6
- @James Papadapolus

I am going to ask that each of the above players submit their character bios by the end of the day this Saturday (April 26), or unfortunately I'll have to make some room. @Iskuu has already submitted a character biography as a backup, and I don't want to deny him a spot if one is taken by an inactive player.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
The submission deadline has passed, so I'm afraid those that missed it will have to be dropped. That means we now have two slots claimed by @Iskuu (already approved) and one other player whose character submission is currently under review.

Iskuu, you are now free to post in Mission 1.0 (on the Black Moon) as you wish!

I goofed! In the current RP thread I kept referring to the ship's CFS, when I should have been referencing the CDD. I realize the two are kind of like redundant systems, but for consistency's sake I've edited all references to the shield system to now read as the ship's main FTL drive.

Nitpicking, I know, but you'll have to get used to that from me. :)

@Iskuu: As information, the Black Moon colony is exclusively underground, a sort of shanty-town built up in the extensive network of mine shafts and tunnels that have been long out of service. Ye Olde Den is in a decommissioned energy generator station. I've provided some more elaborate details in a previous post on the Mission 1.0 thread. You can refer to the wiki article for the established information on the Black Moon, as well as Ye Olde Den (on the bottom of the page).

Also, while I do like the idea, Stetson is a specific modern-day brand of American cowboy hat, and I'm not certain it would be recognized in SARP lore (much like Nike or McDonald's). I don't see a reason why cowboy hats or some similarly purposed wide-brimmed hat wouldn't exist in SARP, but you may want to modify that reference to be more in-universe. :)

The Stetson is more of a style, also from my experience can be interchangeable with cowboy hat. Its like how we call tissue paper Kleenex or cotton swabs q-tips. I may be wrong however, I know to many cav guys and cav wannabe's who are die hards about their stetsons.

It's definitely a brand: http://www.stetson.com/

While I see your point about Kleenexes and Q-tips, it's still probably best to be wary of making real-world references to existing brands. In the case of the cowboy hats, I suppose I'm okay with calling it a Stetson if we're referring strictly to the style, but let's just be mindful of not getting carried away.

As the site owner I have a clear stance on this: I strongly prefer you use generic terms (like "hook and loop fastener" instead of "Velcro") and avoid use of real-world trademarks where sensible. Star Army has, on multiple occasions, received notices in the past from lawyers for user-posted content that included their trademarks. We are a small, poor, donation-funded community that can't afford to get into legal battles. Please play it safe. Leaving out brands also helps our posts reflect the Star Army universe instead of the real-world one.

I was simply trying to refer to a style, didn't mean to make it sound like it was a Steston. I'll change whatever needs changing though. Like I said though, I never stated that it was above-ground, and re-invented building is a correct term for something that wasn't and now is a building.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back