• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

The future is here (Giant robot battle)

Isnt the Kuratas only armed with water rockets and an airsoft minigun? This isnt going to be some "Hit the glowing target to score points" kind of battle, or some just Olympics style competition with varying tests? I wanted to see robots wail on each other until one of them breaks, battle bots style!

Well I assume they will swap out the weapons with more practical ones, but I don't picture things getting -too- out of hand with the carnage, since they both have pilots inside the robots.

We pay per view on sports events where MMA fighters beat each other brain dead, and football players cripple each other, but its inhumane to let two powered armored robots slug it out until one of them is disabled just because the pilot is at risk?!

That's a whole different level <.< we're talking about straight up firing weapons at each other, and limbs that can crush cars. It's not a matter of what's 'humane' it's a matter of practicality. They put measures in place in sports to lessen the chance of injury. If they played contact (which they likely will because Japan wanted melee combat) they would have rules set in place to minimize the chance of injury, since the point of this isn't to try and harm/kill the other pilot. (That's also an insurance nightmare)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back