• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP The meeting with the Director of the ISD.

Charaa

Staff Member
🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
After Assassination of Jack Pine, Ye 42
RP Location
Virtual Reality Conference, Osman University
The ISD needed help, even in its reconstruction of its organization to patch up the holes. So Sareash took the obligation upon herself to relief some work from her officers that had a pile of work on their desk already. She looked at the list and sees Knight was late for reporting, Sareash stood up and activates the communications, yet it was heavily encrypted as the file indicated that the agent was undercover and let it through as a family contact. Sareash suspected that agent Knight was not going to expect the director herself to do this. The line was bleeping, waiting to be answered as the holographic interface started to boot up.

At that moment, physically the ISD agent was walking back to her dorm, to catch up on “homework” but mentally she was away thinking not so much about the University but about her actual job. She knew there was a drug ring running something in the University, Students suddenly acing tests without studying for something when they were at the lowest marks proved that much. Then there was that one hand off she caught sight of. The idiots did that in broad daylight, the morons, but she would not complain. It made her job easier, and with the additional presence of the members of the royal family, it made things even more important.

Time saw her sitting on her bed, and in her personal virtual reality office where she was marking connections she had discovered and removing some from the board when she’d suddenly got an alert that someone was calling her. She exited and picked up the phone and looked at the ID and blinked when it said Aunt Sareesh. That’s when she remembered that Sareesh was her new boss. A push of a button and the outside noise suddenly quieted, and the blinds came down. “This is Knight” She said when she remembered it had been a while since she last reported in.

Once the interface booted up, they were in Ayla’s space and Sareesh could see the board where she jotted down the graph for the drug users and their bosses. Some had no pictures, “I apologize for not reporting in sooner, but I am more than willing to show what I have.”

Sareash entered the room leaning on her desk as she had her arms crossed looking at the young woman standing before her. Sareash could see the boards of information and such and waved her hand "Don't worry about it, it has been hectic had base itself. The line is secure, I made sure of that myself" Sareash smiled softly and looked at her "Well, report agent Knight, I think you ahd quite some time to investigate..." She looked at her side as if she was looking at something "The drugs dealing at the university?" Sareash blinks at looked at her "That is quite the case you got there"

Ayla nodded her head when she was told that the line was secure, and she was told not to worry about it. Immediately she stood up straight and took a wand to point things out to her boss with confidence in her voice. “First with the number of individuals I have arrested, I am beginning to believe that this isn’t just some drug ring but an actual syndicate, perhaps even a crime family. “She said then holds up pictures of those she’d arrested for Sareesh to see.

Then set them in order for her to see in whom she’d arrested first. “I recently arrested that one when he tried to sell a brain enhancement drug to a student failing his Education exam that would have enabled him to become a teacher. The Student is under a watchful eye as we speak, but during interrogation, he claimed to be a part of the group and that he’d gotten a message from his boss, though not the big boss claiming he wanted him to sell in the area I arrested him in. Our tech people were able to trace the message to a rival of his, not his direct boss. My guess is he wanted his competition to get taken out. “He showed her the individual she spoke of before she continued. “Through interrogation of the arrested drug dealers, I’ve got names of the individuals in the organization. But it seemed like they haven’t met the big boss of the organization, he or she has simply sent messages, someone named, the Falcon. “

She continued showing her what she had, which was a lot, indeed she was there a while after all. But she went back to the Falcon. “Ma’am, I have a theory about the Falcon, based on the evidence I have so far, based on how they say he doesn’t go out, and how he uses only messages, I have reason to believe he might be an AI, sophisticated and possibly sentient but perhaps, limited in what they are capable of, at least I thought so until a colleague mentioned it might have been possible he’s a patient in the hospital that’s physically disabled and was connected somewhat to the network. They’d still have access to cameras and things of that nature. It’s just a theory at this point, but not yet proven, at least until the other members are arrested. “Here she gives the names and the faces of the others in the rankings of the syndicate. “These don’t find their way into the University, at least not since I have been there, so maybe they might be out in the city, or the NDC territory, so the other agents would need to keep an eye out for them,” she told her.

Listening carefully towards the report that agent had to tell Sareash, as she blinked a few times as the given information. But she rose an eyebrow at the mention of the AI that had sentient mind. It was all far fetch ideas and it clear to mind that these people were working under a construction of cells "Cell Organizated crime, quite unique these days to approach it in such a matter that the big shot is unknown" Sareash pointed out and looked at Knight "You did good so far, but I do believe that this case is getting quite complicated as you continue your voyage throughout the dealers" She pointed out fairly and thought for a second nodding eventually to herself as she pushed herself from the desk.

Sareash walked to one of the boards and sighs a bit while looking at the pictures and information "Get the patient logs from the nearby hospital, anything related to comatose patients or patient with a severe handicap but still connect to network adepts systems. The AI in my fair opinion is far fetched, we need more proof for that" Sareash spoke turning back to Knight "But not impossible, keep it low profile for now and don't arrest people quickly. Let them finish the deal...tag the student and let security deal with it, but follow the dealer and keep a monitoring look overwatch on them. That way you can better trace them" Sareash gave some mentoring advice.

Ayla nodded her head in agreement Cell Organized crime was indeed unique, but she was still confused about how a big shot could be so unknown. Time will tell to make things clear on that end she was certain. “I agree to ma’am, things will get complicated, which is why I’d like to request an additional agent, while I won’t mind that agent being of the same gender, I think perhaps a male would be of help too, due in part to there being places I won’t be able to go even if I make a change.” She said to her.

Soon she was given her new orders, which she committed to memory to go to the local hospital, to check the patient logs. For comatose, patients or those patients with a severe handicap, but are still connected to network adepts systems. She nodded her head “yes ma’am” she said not at all sounded disappointed that her AI theory was found to be far-fetched, since she didn’t know for certain, maybe it wasn’t true.

She nodded in reaction to Sareash’s mentoring advice, that was some sound advice, and something she will follow from now on. “Will do,” she said to verbally acknowledge her words. She was lucky, that she was able to use stealth and to keep her previous arrests quiet, but Sareesh’s advice would be much easier.

Hearing the request to get additional request made Sareash shrug "Look, I understand you could use all the help you can get, but the ISD is in a re-organizing position that will take a lot of time to get everything cleared" Sareash leans onces again to her desk and looks down for a second "We are dealing with a certain degree of corruption, I don't want to risk my field agents with these corruption. If I can spare the agents then I will, but you got to understand my position that the safety of NDC and our Queen is upmost important. So I can only advice you to stay low and be careful with how you approach certain situations agent"

Sareash taps her the side of ther desk and looks at her side "I ...might have a an agent, female..about your age, maybe younger. She is fresh from the training course, so she could use the guidance...use her, but cut her off if she is to much ...green" Sareash tried to balance the interaction by giving some support.

Ayla’s face remained calm, no hint betrayed her. The assassination was their biggest blunder for the ISD to let happen, and she felt responsible since she wasn’t there. Of course, that blunder brought additional problems to the ISD. Though she hoped that additional assistance could be brought the chance of that might be slim especially with the corruption worries.
"I understand, Ma’am” she said though she was worried about her position in the ISD whether it was in jeopardy but based on their interaction she was certain everything is alright In that regard.

She also filed her next advice to memory as well, to stay low. And to be careful how she approached situations, though it was what she said next that was a welcome to her. Though the mentioned agent was a girl, she knew that she did not have a choice. “Yes ma’am,” she said thinking about being a mentor to a young agent. She then gave Sareash the number to her dorm room ”this is the room I am staying in while working, though I do have another place I stay, with, Zeke Rykiel a friend of the royal family.

Making some notes of the information that was given to her including the information about Zeke as Sareash calmly looked back at Knight "You are wondering about your standing with ISD in regards to the corruption going deep in our organization I believe" Sareash crossed her arms over each other tapping her finger again "You don't have to worry about it yet, all field agents have been focused on their field duties. So anything relate to ....the murder of Lord Pine is not direct connected to any agents in the field." She sighs a bit "But I want to conduct internal investigation so I want to advise you to stay on your location until orders change"

Ayla nodded, though with a blush since she hadn’t said that out loud, but Sareash probably figured that out due to her body language. She was pleased to know her position wasn’t in jeopardy though. “Understood ma’am,” she said, then spoke “When we sign off, I’ll continue with my investigation, as well as heading to the local hospital to check on the patients you recommended. “ She said as a way to confirm her orders she’d been given. “On a different note, I’d like to be kept in the loop once the parties who allowed the murder to happen are found, Zeke and Lord Pine were brothers, they grew up together in a horrible environment. “ She said to her.

Narrowing her eyes a bit as she took a second to reply "While I appreciate your concern about the investigation. It is above your clearance to be kept in the loop of such information" Sareash replied formal "Focus on your own investigation agent, and don't keep yourself distracted with matters you don't have to focus on" Sareash looked at her side then back "Do you have any other questions, comments or request as the next call will be done by your own team leader"

Whoops, she shouldn’t have requested that, Sareash was right; she didn’t have clearance for that, since it dealt with the assassination of the Lord. She nodded, keeping her face expressionless glad though that being reminded of her clearance level was the extent, as well as the reminder to focus on her investigation. She figured she shouldn’t push her luck any more than she had done so. She was getting a partner to help her, and that was the biggest thing she needed. “No ma’am, nothing more, good luck with the internal investigation, ma’am” She finished and waited for anything more Sareash wanted to ask or add before either ended the call.

Nodding towards her agent as she stood up from her leaning position "Good luck agent, your partner will arrive within five days from now. If anything changes in the case, do contact us as soon as possible" Sareash mods and taps side of her console as the transmission ends and she disappears for Knight.

Ayla nodded her head taking note of her partner’s arrival time. With the communication terminated, she returned to the real world, and undid everything, but now with a smile on her face. “I think I am gonna go for a plasma jet,” she mumbled before she left her dorm.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back