• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[The Monarchy of Dovania] Regiment 001, New Blood

D

Dragon_God

RP Date
YE 40
RP Location
Xuno
====Xuno, The Concrete Fortress Courtyard====

It was a warm spring day on Xuno, the courtyard was clean and completely repaired after a month of repairs. Out there stood 10,000 recruits for Regiment 001. This will be the first regiment to accept Non-Xunok personnel. As everything else in the MoD was either cut off from outside communications or didn't allow them to join. However, due to the amount of experience needed to make a more efficient military force. Kyro has passed the motion to recruit and allow outside personnel to join. The only restriction being that they would have to be of the Human species. All others are denied entry beyond the Kyzu blockade.

Kyro was standing out on the top of the staircase looking down at the courtyard looking down at all of the new recruits, next to him were two Dovanian Royal Guards, both were Dovanian Houscarls. Kyro was still wearing his old Osman Lieutenant Uniform. On his right hip was his modified Broadsword. His expression was blank and stern as he turned to the Houscarl to his right, "If Sergeant Tazar is out, please bring him forward to me. I would like to see his progress on the current recruits. I would like a proper evaluation before I inform him on the arrival of the newer personnel."

The Houscarl saluted with her arm parallel straight across her chest with her fist over her heart and acknowledged him, "Aye Sir! I shall fetch him immediately your highness." She then turned back to the courtyard and made her way down the stairs to go grab Mark Tazar.

Mark returned with the woman. He was already in his gear ready to run the days training, and waited after approaching for Kyro to speak. "You summoned?", Mark asked as he stood rigid at attention.

Kyro turned to face Mark, ”Regiment 001 is now accepting outside non-Xunoks to enlist. You’re in charge of their training as well as integration into the Regiment.“ He explained to Mark. “Now, I need a full analysis on how effective the soldiers are doing so far and how ready will they be to be placed into combat. As well as any other information vital for this.”

"Well they have learned to use the rifles easy enough, but some of them have been cocky. They can complete the obstacle courses in a decent time, but I will push them further. Most are naturally resilient even if whiny, but I haven't had to send anyone to the infirmary...yet. The troops can pass in a battle, but with more training they'll bring more absolute victories. They just need more pressure, maybe a month. I'd need to run wargames and live fire exercises to be sure. And these new guys? Any info?", Mark reported as if it was just another news report, asking the question at the end. He didn't actually care to learn anything about them, but on the chance there was something he could use against them in their training.

Kyro shook his head slowly then stopped, "No, only that they're Neplesians. If you want more information, ask Miss Kingsley when they arrive. Also, I have a special order for you when they do. I have ran construction on an island in old Nojah. It's a War games Island, Not tropical, so it's all plains with few forest. We've constructed obsticals and HQ buildings and so forth. I'm sure you can find a map and layout of the locations being sent to Regiment 001 Barracks now, check the officer's office. Since all of the Regiment 001 are recruits, no one should be in there." Kyro told Mark.

"I'll most likely break them up into two forces and give them a series of objectives. How much do you want me to actually participate? I can either choose a force, or sit back and monitor while relaying objectives to both.", Mark said giving him the basics of the plan.

"Keep your boots clean for this operation. Only run two sides at 5,000 each. Select 100 to be 'officers' and 20 to be 'commanders'. I would like the newer ones to be in the same grouping. It should make things easier for simplistically sake. The game that will be Capture the Flag, the Mission being to obtain the other's side intelligence, in a brief case. There will be a chip, they will need to bring it back to their HQ and download the data. Sending a signal to us making it a victory. I would expect you to choose the best of the best to be the officers and commanders." He responded to Mark.

"Understood, that's a good start. I hope to run more complicated games later with additional objectives, and possibly some easy to deploy prefab structures to simulate urban environments in the future. I'll take my leave then sir.", Mark said with a crisp salute before leaving retrieve the map left at the barracks.

====Kyzu System, Space====

Aboard the shuttle flying towards Xuno, there were 2 new recruits. They were completely uninformed of the system or sector they were taken to. The only information given was on the message sent out to the nebula and the name of the faction and planet. They would be stuck in the shuttle for about an hour and had time to talk to one another. In the back of the shuttle was a four month old pregnant human woman with long dirty blonde hair working on her tablet silently.

Thaddeaus Maximus had his arms crossed over his chest leaning back in the shuttle seat. He was wearing a black overcoat that covered two-thirds of his body. Under this was split armor one could barely make out. His pants were grey and matched well with his light grey boots. He had the look of a young man, no more than 21 years of age. His long dark hair flowed long, just past his shoulders. His dashing smile and blue were something to remember.

Seated across from Thaddeaus was a figure, said figure was clad in a red mechanics jumpsuit that had the words "explosives enthusiast" where a name was typically located. Red sleeves were rolled up to the elbow and revealed a synthetic black layer of material similar to the boots the figure wore, the biggest indication they were wearing a pressure suit however was the black helmet made up of interlocking triangular lattices that seemingly stared at the ground.

There had been some grumbles but otherwise Mattrick Patterson had been silent the entire way there, with their arms crossed over their chest and legs resting upon a lightly beat-up pelican case. The figure began to lean sideways until his center of balance had been moved enough to knock a booted limb off of the makeshift foot-rest.

"Fucken bastard!" a man's voice called out from under the helmet as he woke up from his nap, one hand sticking out to balance him as the other reached down to his pistol but nothing else came of it.

Lora turned to look at the man then shrugged turning back to her work, "You should have someone inspect those night terrors of yours. You might not last long in Regiment 001 if you still have those." She explained in an up beat tone, almost carefree.

"Implying we will not be gaining more of them being in this group," A deep toned voice speaking up. "Just don't start wetting your bed from them, thats just embarrassing." A light chuckle leaving his mouth.

A tired-sounding chuckle came out through the helmet's comms system before Matt snaked one hand up to the neck and the helmet began retracting. Underneath it was a somewhat scruffy-looking bearded man with unkempt black hair and pale looking skin - his eyes were hidden by what seemed like a redundant thing to wear under his helmet, a pair of dark shades that obscured his hazel eyes.

"I'm good... shit my head is killing me though," Mattrick grunted out as he gripped the side of his head and winced at the bruise he found there. "I think I drank a bit much - mind telling me who you are and what regiment 001 is? What kind of shit-show did I sign up for this time?"

Lora put down her tablet and turned back to the two of them, “Regiment 001 is the most Elite Regiment in the entire Dovanian Army. Only being outclassed and skilled by The Dovanian Royal Guards. Your missions will consist of anything. There are 10,000 more personnel back on Xuno currently, None of which are use to foreigners, You two will be the first Non-Xunok Individuals that will enter the Dovanian Military. Consider yourselves the Golden Duo. I’m Lora Kingsley, Head of Dovanian Research and Development, as well as Head of Dovanian Military Weapons Development. Which is a large burden and symbol of authority considering I’m running two departments by myself.” She told them in her happy mood. “Would you two care to introduce yourselves?”

Thad looked her over from head to toe. "If there is glory to be had and some pretty girls to look at I am all for this Regiment 001." Thad said with a smile. "My luck must be good to end up in the company of such a distinguished person. Nice to meet you Lora. I am Thaddeaus Maximus, a humble adventurer looking to make a difference in this world."

"Huh, this all sounds rather important," Mattrick spoke, sounding rather surprised before raising a balled fist to his mouth. It took a short moment for the man to convince himself he wouldn't throw up whatever poison was running through his system in front of these decent folks.

"I"m Mattrick Patterson, I blow stuff up and make it into something better afterwards but I was wondering how easy it was to get a shuttle back home until Thaddy over there mentioned pretty girls... consider me hooked if you're anything to go by, Mrs Kingsley." Matt introduced himself as he looked the pelican-case over for any new scratches before finally adding.

"I"m guessing you're a Mrs..." the hung-over man finished with a wink, before remembering he was wearing dark sunglasses.

"Here here, Matt, I feel we are going to get along very well. Maybe we can bring some culture to this Regiment 001." He gave a thumbs up towards Matt.

Lora giggled, “Believe it or not I’m not, these two I carry is from a favor Bear owed me. I’m not really looking for love though. Also, I’m not from Xuno, I’m an Osman from 188-604. Same as Bear. Though, we both are accepted due to the similarities in both appearance and culture. That’s why he’s doing so well even after the elections.” She informed then resting Her left hand on her stomach.

"I see between jobs you was able to still have some fun. How far till the big day?" Thad asked pointing to her belly.

Lora rubbed her stomach, “Around another four more months. I still haven’t gotten names for them yet either, I’ll probably ask Bear for some suggestion. Though, with how busy his schedule is I might just ask Princess Violet.” She said thinking about names now. Completely sidetracked from her tablet.

Thad leaned forward, curious to learn more about this woman. As she spoke the word princess caused his ears perked up. "You know, I have been looking to learn a little more about what I got myself into. This new kingdom, does it have like knights and what not?" He tried to hide his grin but was clearly excited about his question.

Lora thought for a moment, "In the Royal Council... there are many of those with noble lineage. Some are princesses by title." She explained to him. "There are many houses in the Royal Court, the most powerful being the Draguun House, the reigning house. Next would most likely be the Ichiko House, whom Violet Foreman is the head of house." Lora told them in more detail.

"The Royal Council and the Executive Branch of Dovania both have equal power with each other, however in most cases the Royal Council has final say, unless dealing with the Judicial Branch of Dovania, Which only the reigning house can overturn. We had just finished elections two weeks ago so the new heads of the districts and local areas have already been elected, along with those in the higher positions. King Questberg being President, and King McGurie being Vice President. Due to The District Vote, not by popular vote." As she trailed off thinking about the other elections. Then realizing she has work to do.

Matt tried shifting from his slouched position to sit more upright as the two conversed, it was proving to be far more difficult than it should have been - even with this killer hangover. Then it hit him, the void-born man realized he was experiencing that oppressing feeling of natural gravity as it pushed down on his bones.

It wasn't painful by any means, but it was something he'd have to become acclimatized to once more. "This all sounds very complicated," Mattrick began speaking, having finally found the strength to hold his posture. "Are sudden shifts in power and then resulting revolts a common thing here?"

Lora shook her head, “No, nothing of the sorts has happened here. Only immediately after the liberation was there a sudden shift of power from the nations to the King.” She told him still working on her tablet.

"So who do we fight for and what cause is to be up held?" Thad had taken his gunblade and placed it beside him, the tip pressed into the ship next to his foot.

Mattrick pointed a gloved hand across to Thad and spoke, "What he said, what are we here to do exactly?"

Lora put down her tablet, "Right... Violet didn't put much into the posters... You're here to join Regiment 001. The Elite Regiment in Dovania. Which means you will be doing special missions and operations as well as anything else the King Himself orders you to do. Unlike the Royal guards, assigned to the Royal Council, Regiment 001 is under the Army and the King as explicit control over this Regiment. Anyone who tries to tell you you cannot do anything or you must do something is irrelevant in most cases." She tells them. "Anything else?"

"So I can do what I want as I am directly under the king. Well this should be interesting. By the way, do we get to meet the girl that was on the poster? I am kind of a fan of her." Thad pulled out one of the posters and was pointing to the girl on it.

"The girl on the poster is Princess Violet. Also no, there are rules even Regiment 001 has to follow. What I meant is via other officers dishing out orders to you outside of your regiment is a big no no. So you can ignore orders from others, but not from your own." Lora explained

Thad looked at the poster than back at Lora. "Princess you say...well this just keeps getting more interesting by the minute. I fight for her." He said as he put the poster away.

Mattrick drank in the poster as it was presented, the face rang some kind of distant bell in his head but not much else could be said about the cutie. "I think I'd much rather fight her - preferably naked oil wrestling but if that is how it is then that is how it is," the scrapper smirked out as he sat there.

"Hey hey, I seen her first you uncultured fiend. Anyways, everyone knows that a wet t shirt is the most fitting for a princess." Thad said in protest.

"Lots of people look at fancy ships, few buy them - but I'd say a wet t shirt fits anyone pretty well," Matt half-agreed.

"You know, you are an alright guy. Happy to have you as part of the team. Feels good having another with good taste." Thaddeaus put his fist up in front of him, brofist time.

Lora interrupted with a cough, "She's 16 gentlemen... I would hold your tongue when speaking of children in such a way... Anyway we're entering atmosphere so it should only take but a minute." She was more stern and aggressive but then gave a smile, though it showed a fury being held behind that facade of happiness.

Mattrick was about to lean across and return that gesture of a bro-fist when the the two gentlemen were informed of her age, It was as if his suit had suddenly ran out of oxygen in a vacuum as Matt let out a few surprised splutters.

"Uhm... shit - I'm scummy but I'm not that scummy, apologies..." he managed to mutter in response to the news.

Thad could not help but laugh at poor Matt. "We will find you some older girls you can oil wrestle with buddy. Though I got some serious questions of my own why they would put jail bait on a poster meant to entice older men to join. Feel some corruption is afoot." He pointed out.

Lora shrugged, "I was not informed of the posters until today." she told them.

==== Xuno, Outter Fien, Loading Fields====

After a few more minutes they had finally landed and reached their destination. As the shuttle landed and opened up. The group could see a vast open fields with tall grass as far as the eye could see, with a city to their right off in the distance, with only a 4 lane road, empty leading to it. Only cargo containers and a few civilians were in the area unloading cargo and other equipments.

Lora stepped out and began to walk out to the road when a small girl ran up to her, she had long platinum white hair and deep pruple eyes. She was in a long green and gold dress with frills at the bottom and a heather design.

Violet called out to Lora, "Oh Hello Miss Kingsley! It's been far too long!" She said with an elegant tone and manner.

Thaddeaus stepped off the ship like a high baller. His sword was slung over his shoulders as he walked down the ramp of the ship to the tarmat. "Ah, I see we have a welcoming party. This is too much as I am but a humble soldier here to fight the good cause." He shouted as he walked over to the two young ladies.

Mattrick half-stumbled out the ship behind Thad, that large pelican case strapped across his back and a look of very faint disgust on his face as the air hit him - it was so clean, so natural, he hated it's taste. But if he was hanging around here then Matt would just have to put up with it, for now however the black, latticed helmet deployed it's lower half that contained part of the filtering system and began blowing good old re-used air into his face.

He didn't say much as they made their way over, choosing to keep a somewhat low profile in this new place.

Mark walked across the field at a brisk pace, deciding to look over the two new recruits himself. When he approached the four he stopped and gave a salute out of respect for Lora and Violet. "I've come to see the new boots. Any info worth noting Miss Kingsley? And greetings princess.", He said rather neutrally, not having even looked in Mattric's, or Thad's direction.

Violet looked to Mark and pouted, "Oh... yeah... the not fun one ..." She said to Mark.

Lora giggled, "Now Violet, remember what happens to those who disrespect." She then turned to Mark, "All I could gather was a soldier who's a pedophile and an explosives operative. Ask them more if you care to, I have to go see his highness about the newest weapons development taking place." She patted him on the shoulder as she bagan walking off.

"I~," Matt began, rather taken back by the sudden allegations.

"No! it was a simple miscommunication! I'm hung over as hell and a bit of a crappy person but I'm no pedo, not one bit!" he tried explaining, visibly panicked at how quickly things had spiraled.

Thad just lost it as Matt was pointed out to be a pedo. "Oh stop, your killing me here. Ahh...haaaa...damn that is some funny shit right there." He was physically bent over trying not to drop his sword on himself. After a few moments he was able to regain his composure. "Names Thaddeaus Maximus, hero by day and outlaw by night as your service. Seen your ad and figured I would give a hand. Glad to see this army has fit sharp looking men in it." Thad said giving Mark a smile.

"Look up the name Mattrick Patterson, you'll find arson, breaking and entering - crap like that but bloody hell, don't you try pinning that allegation on me - okay?" Mattrick continued to bumble in his defense. "I'm one hell of an engineer, pilot, and demolitionist so can we get this cleared up... please?"

"Least it makes sense the oil fetish. Relax your kinks are safe between us guys. Oh, and this nice pretty looking girl standing right there."

"Degenerates.", Mark grumbled.

He finally turned his attention to the men and took a step forward, "I am not a member of the military of Dovania. I am Sergeant Tazar of SABER, a special operations department of Section 6. I am here under order to train sorry sods like you into elite soldiers. I will not tolerate disrespect, or defiance of orders. You under my authority as granted by his majesty the king. Starting today you both will both be joining the regiment. Grab your shit, take it to the barracks, and meet at the courtyard outside the concrete fortress in 20 minutes. Any questions?", he said with a firm tone.

"Yes sir." Thad said with a solute. "Glad to have you on the team. Are lucky to have two of the best troops that ever lived." He dropped the solute and grabbed the bag he had next to his feet. "By the way, happen to have some water, the girl I stuffed in this bag is going to need something to drink." He held the laugh for about a second before letting it out as he walked off.

"Nothing from me..." Matt muttered out in a defeated tone before he turned on his heel and walked off with Thad, giving the man an elbow in the ribs.

"So, new planet and we've been labeled as child molesters within a minute of touching down... fuck me..." he added, burying his face in his hands.

Violet got behind Mark, “Weirdos... I’ll just let you deal with this one sergeant... I think I’m going to head back to Kyro...” she said quickly running lack to the civilians.

"Get a load of that brat, looks like she is about to go to a ballroom dance. Middle of a war and I am called the weirdo. Bitch please." Thad said laughing.

Mark sighed as he realized he had his work cut out for him. He returned to the jeep he had driven to the airfield in and headed back to the training area to get the other recruits ready.

====Xuno, Fien====

As they entered into Fien, they could spot the architecture was much older but still sturdy. Buildings made of bricks and wood. They came across many shopping centers, and could see people walking everywhere. On every corner there were 2 Dovanian Army personnel in Uniform and on every building there were 3. Very heavily guarded. Each one wielding a Maverick, Painted digital Black.

"This place is under fairly heavy active guard. They expecting an attack?" Thad asked as he looked around the place. He was taking note the amount of guards all around him. The buildings and how important they looked. He noticed any exit or place to hide. After years of being a merc for hire you learned to always have a way out and who you might need to kill.

Where Thad was taking notes of the people, Mattrick was more interested in looking at what the walls were made of and how thick they were - his escape plans more often than not ended up just being him blowing a hole through the ship and diving out through it.

"Yeah, hey if shit goes down I can trust you - right? I'm going to assume I can."

"Gentlemen, May I ask you two where you are heading off to..." A soldier asked as him and the one next to him cut them off. "You don't look like you're from around here..." He followed up.

"Got that right, from way over yonder where I call home. Names Thaddeaus, just here to make a difference. Who might you be?" He asked as he reached his hand out to offer a shake.

Matt crossed his own arms across his chest as Thad spoke, glaring slightly at the guard but nothing too threatening, "I'm Mattrick, we're here to be trained supposedly."

Before he could respond the group was surrounded by men in red uniforms and armor, similar to the other two. However, they seemed better trained and had more authority over the situation. As 15 of them surrounded the 4. "Soldiers, back down from these two, they're guest brought here under Royal Council business. The Dovanian Royal Guard shall escort them."

"Oh my, we seem popular today. Situation under control my fancy look guard friends. Was just getting in touch with the locals. No need to worry about us, we promise to behave." Thad tossed his arm around the closest guy talking to him.

The Dovanian Royal Guard would duck underneath his arm and attempt to side kick Thad in the stomach. "Do not touch the King's Guard!" She shouted as she went to kick him.

Thad picked up quick the person he was aiming to put his arm around quickly changed stance. Without thinking he did a quick step back and cross dropped his arms to block the kick.

The kick connected to his arms, putting in a firm and powerful hit. She then moved back to her location, her face covered by her mask. However, they could sense the hate emanating.

"That's Enough Captain. I'm sure they're just behaving the way they always do. Not with as much class as we do down here." A man's voice is heard from behind the Dovanian Royal Guards.

Matt had been watching this whole thing unfold as somewhat of an impartial observer, shaking his head slightly as Thad got himself into deeper shit - the new voice however got his attention and made the scrapper turn to face the newcomer, "More guards for little old us? I'd be flattered if I knew what the hell was going on."

Thad set himself upright and relaxed his pose. "Ahh, no need to jump in whoever said that. Your just like my bar buddies. We would throw punches and kicks all the time to greet each other. No harm was done but damn that was a strong kick. I tip my hat to you miss." Thad was all smiles from this.

A large almost 7 foot tall man moved two Dovanian Royal Guards apart, he was wearing a very old style of uniform, with brass buttons going all the way down, the material was cotton. He wielded a Broadsword on his height hip, with Short Auburnt hair and a large beard. He was also very well built, "I feel this requires a to handle the situation with these foreigners..." The man stated with extreme level of no emotion in his voice, and an expression cold and bland.

"Well I mean... if you need this many guards in addition to whatever a 'Draguun' is to deal with us - then I can see why you outsourced for soldiers... eesh," Mattrick replied with a bit of a grin, it really did seem like overkill to him.

"You're Currently speaking to the Monarch of Dovania, I am Kyro-vek Draguun.” He introduced himself to them. “Whom might you two lads be then. I would only assume you’re here for Regiment 001.“ He then turned to Matt, “I do not outsource my Soldiers, each of the Dovanian Royal Guardsmen are trained Personally by myself, along with other experts in both swordsmanship and marksmanship, as well as unarmed combat.”

"My liege, I would not have believed the arrival of a few extra hands to be worth your time to come visit us." As he spoke he gave a half bow towards him as a sign of respect. "Please, I am Thaddeaus Maximus at your service." He returned to standing with a smile on his face once again.

"outsourced hands might I add," Mattrick grunted under his breath before giving a quick and ugly bow - he bowed out of respect to no man but he'd rather not have his head lopped off just yet.

"You can call me Matt or Rick or Mattrick - surname is Patterson, parents couldn't decide so I got both names in one... I blow shit up and make it better," he introduced himself, not one for formalities.

Kyro nodded, "Then I'd say you have had a rough life as well. No formalities is needed, around me.” he told them.

A gas engine could be heard as a U5 eight wheel jeep pulled, and Mark steps off from the driver side. "You men are late. I said 20 minutes, Your over by 9. I expect punctuality when I give an order.", he says as he approaches.

"Your majesty.", Mark says snapping off a salute to Kyro.

"Ahhh Mark, I see you missed us so came looking. So very thoughtful of you. As you can see we happen to run into THE king which has delayed us. Gosh, everyone sure knows how to make a person feel welcome here." Thad had a smirk across his face as he looked to Mark.

"Well... quite the circle jerk we have going on here, seems we have somebody from each spectrum - royals, their lap dogs, and the brave newcomers - are we going to keep standing around or is something going to actually happen?" Mattrick responded, tapping his foot impatiently at how much nothing was going on.

Kyro raises his hand, “Alright, I’ll leave this to you Sergeant. I’ll meet you on the island 09:00 tomorrow.” He said then turning around leaving. The DRG following behind. The two soldiers backing off.

"Alright Mark, we are all yours." He paused for a moment before he continued. "Dang, should have asked the name of the young lady that tried to rib check me. Like to get to know her better." A smile crossed his face as he moved towards the U5.

"Ask her later then, but let me know so I can watch her kick your ass," Mattrick responded with as he also began moving towards the U5, giving a whistle as he looked her metal chassis over up close.

"Your lucky I don't make you both walk.", Mark said irritated, "Especially after that "lapdog" comment."

"I mean I am not opposed to walking. Been on a cramped ship for awhile. Be nice to meet the locals while getting my daily run in. Try to make a point to run 5 miles everyday to keep in shape after all." Thad had started to do stretches using the jeep.

After hearing both conflicting comments and not wanting to walk a step further than he had to under this god-forsaken gravity, Mattrick moved to the back of the U5 and hauled himself onto the tray - making sure to wrap a gloved fist firmly around one of the supports.

"Run if you want, Thad, count me out."

Mark climbed back into the driver's seat, "Maximus, get your ass in the jeep, I'm tired of waiting." He snipped.

"You're the boss, consider it..." Thad tossed himself into the jeep. "Done."

Mark restarted the engine without touching the electric ignition, and without another word as he pulled the jeep away. The trip would be a quiet one, and rather short as it didn't take long to get to the concrete fortress by vehicle.

As they arrived at the courtyard gate, they're stopped by five DRG. One of then walk up next to Mark while the rest inspect the vehicle for bombs and other abnormalities. "Alright, Who are you, what's your business." He asked holding a tablet.

"Sergeant Tazar here with the two new recruits. Thaddeus Maximus and Mattrick Patterson. Bringing them to the trainee barracks." Mark answered as he presented a pad, "This should have all the necessary documents."

The DRG nodded, "Proceed." He said, the rest of them backing away from the Jeep and the gate opening. "Beware Sergeant, You might have a replacement waiting for you inside. She's a feisty one." He commented chuckling.

Mark gave a raised eyebrow at that, "What do you mean a replacement?"

The Guard waved his hand in dismissal, "Nothing to worry about there Sergeant..." Obviously still chuckling underneath his mask.

Mark drove the through and parked at the barracks for the trainees, "This is your stop. Settle in and prepare for training first thing tomorrow. We're doing war games."

"Sounds like fun and look forward to it. Have fun with your new feisty replacement. I am rooting for you to show her who is boss though buddy." He gave him a big thumbs up.

Mark just silently scowls at the man.

Once they arrived, Mattrick moved to haul his body over the side of the jeep, boots landing with a crunch against the ground. "So you say to settle in... anywhere in particular?" he queried.

"Just take an open bunk.", Mark answered.

A shit-eating grin filled the scrapper's bearded maw as he gave a curt nod and grabbed his pelican case, "I can make do with that, I'm sure."

"Works for me, see you in the morning." He gave a wave as the quest to find a bunk began.

A tall 7'11" foot tall woman in the same uniform as Kyro was in walked over to the group of men, who had short auburn hair as well and scars all over her arms, her sleeves rolled up. She waved at them, "Looking for bunks? Found one completely empty all the way back there." She said pointing back at one with a smirk on her face.

Mattrick's eyebrows raised up past the frames of his dark shades, he didn't know what kind of shit they must be pumping into the water around here but for all he knew it was ID-SOL sweat.

"Shit, I'm game for that - how far back is it?" he asked, after recovering from the initial awe.

"12 down, it has a pink marker on it." She said still smirking.

"Cheers, gotta say I don't mind some pink myself," the scrapper said with a sly smirk before he moved off to find said bunk - assuming the pink would bunk him with those of the fairer gender.

A blonde man at 6'2 ran up trying to catch up to the tall woman. "Wait for me!"

Mark raised another eyebrow as the woman approached, "Miss Draguun, I say it is unexpected to see you here. Weren't you at the fleet development department at Section 6?"

"SHIIT! Why is he here ... Catch you later!" She then started to run off, jumping over the brick wall and disappeared. Only voices of DRG shouting could be heard over the wall.

"Dammit!" Zeke cursed before scaling the wall.

Thad just stood outside for a moment and watched the fun. For everyone acting all high and mighty around here they seemed to have problems like everyone else. He shrugged and slipped into the bunk house looking for a bed.

As Thad walked in, the bunks only had 1 other person inside asleep in his bunks, there were two free bunks to his right with metal containers on them. On them in trade it they were labeled, [NON-XUNOKS].

"Sweet, found my bunk." Thad puts his things down and looks around for a moment. He notices that Matt is not around. "Well crap, I bet he got lost, can't even follow simple directions. I better go look for him. End up in the wrong place." Thad put everything down but the weapon they never took from him and he headed out of the tent.

As Mattrick was walking to the 'bunks' that he was informed about, he could hear running water as he stood just outside of the place, and some voices coming from inside.

It may not have been the regular sounds that came from any bunk he'd come across before, but it sounded enticing to say the least - Mattrick rounded the corner with a gloved hand pressed to each hip as he began strolling through the doorway.

After entering two Regiment 001 women in uniform bump into him, their hair is wet and they immediately start pushing him out, "No no no no no no no big man. This is not for you." One of them tell him.

"Aww come on, it sounds like my kind of fun in there..." he trailed off, offering only a little resistance as the women began pushing him out.

They just kept pushing him until he was out, "This is the women's showers buddy. No men allowed."

It was about this time that Thad having wondered around the camp for a minute came across Matt. "Ahhh, there you are. I see you wasted no time getting not just one but two lady friends." Thad said very loudly as he walked towards the group.

"Shit, well if either or both of you two ever need to blow off some stress, I guess I'll be in the Male bunks then," Mattrick offered them as he was pushed out, responding to them rather than the approaching Thad.

They both punched him in the face then walked off to their bunks. Marching over trying to ignore what just happened. At the same time some cackling could be heard from behind Thad and Matt. "Oh god that's funny!" A woman's voice is heard.

"My offer still stands!" the scrapper called out after recovering from the meaty impacts, rolling around on the floor to face Thad and the other newcomer.

Thad let out a laugh also. "Ahh, better luck next time buddy." He said as he turned around to see where the woman's voice was coming from.

Sindy was laughing walking over to them, "Man... I didn't expect that to happen. I thought you would have a mob of angry naked soldiers chasing you. Damn, better try harder next time." She said still chuckling, checking around them to make sure Zeke was still given the slip.

"I will keep that in mind for next time." He comment as he turned to see who was talking to them. He looked her over from head to toe. "You know, we can next time right now, got my bunk right over there. Even has a special sign attached to it." He points from where he came at the other tent. "Though forgive my manners, I am Thad, who might you be?" A curious look formed on his face.

"Sindy-Xuo Draguun, Head of Fleet Development in Section 6. Nothing much but an empty title though. Bitches in Section 6 can suck my nuts if I had 'em. Everyone is in power armor. EVEN THE DOORMAN!! Crazy right!?!" She asked.

Mattrick had picked himself and began dusting off his beat-up jumpsuit, counting himself lucky he didn't have eyes filled with glass right now. "Well I have nuts and wouldn't mind getting them sucked at some point so I'll certainly keep trying, I'll guess you heard my name when I made that super smooth introduction just now?"

Mark walked up, "Oh look, Your both still alive. You two degenerates done harassing my female trainees yet?"

"Harassing sounds so negative. I like to call it advanced social training. Helps keep the troops in good spirits. Plus in my defense I wasn't the one trying to slip into the woman's showers." He said pointing to Matt.

"In my defense, I was led astray by Sindy here, granted I did follow through once I knew it wasn't the male bunks but still - I'm standing and that's good enough for me, ignore the ruts in the dirt." Mattrick answered, he may have another bruise or two forming but they'd heal soon enough.

Rapid footsteps can be heard as Zeke runs up Mark and grabbing him by the front of his plate best, shakes him violently as he says, "Mark tell your DRG buddies to stop fucking chasing me!!"

Mark stared at him neutrally before slapping him off, "Fuck off Blondie."

Sindy slowly started to creep away as Zeke was preoccupied. "Follow me away from these prunes. I gotta adventure run if you want to join." She whispered.

"Sindy stop leaving me behind! If your just going to keep ditching me like trash, Why am I even here.", Zeke said clearly hurt.

"Listen, Zeke. Love you, but I didn't WANT to bring you. Jack TOLD me to bring you. So... don't act surprised when I even told you when I landed, 'If you want me, you better be a good runner.' Didn't I?" She told Zeke. After a moment she sighed and walked over to him and pat him on the head.

"It's not that I don't like you... It's just you push this 'love of my life' thing... It's just too soon guy..." She explained to him.

"Officially for me to be cleared here I have to be your security escort. If I'm not with you, local authority starts looking at me questioningly. I just out ran five of the boys in red.", He said.

"Are you two done yet?", Mark questioned.

"Come on you two slags, leave the love birds. Go to your bunks, we have a war game in the morning.", Mark added towards Thad and Matt.

"This place just keeps getting more weird by the minute. Think I am going to enjoy my time here just fine." He said with a smile as he gave a wave. He walked back to his tent and noticed the metal box they put by his bed. Curious what was inside he popped it open.

Mattrick followed Thad back to the bunks, picking out his own cot and tossing his pelican-case beneath the frame before removing his glasses and face-planting onto the mattress. A low moan could be heard as the scrapper simply laid there.

When Thad opened the box, he found his Mark 1 Dovanian Army Uniform and a Maverick. Along with a name plate and Rank plate. Underneath that was a Dovanian banner to be stitched onto the right shoulder. last, taped to the bottom of the lid was instructions on how to wear it.

Matt also had the same metal box on his bunk containing the same contents when opened.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back