• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[The Monarchy of Dovania] The Long Road

D

Dragon_God

RP Date
YE 40
RP Location
Xuno
Xuno/ Outside Fien

Mark Tazar stepped off the U7 transport with his large duffle bag of gear and personal effects. He didn't have many, the bag which was partially empty held everything he owned minus his mech which is where he stored his guns. A crate with his issued gear was slid down the ramp to the dirt, the U7 lifting it's ramp and lifting off again. He stared at the city before him with an indifferent expression.

A younge girl, around the age of 17 walked up to him as he exited the shuttle. She was 5’6” and was slim, with long Platinum hair going down to her rump as she joyfully waved down Mark. “Hello Sir! Welcome to Xuno! I’m Princess Violet of the ichiko house! It’s Nice to meet new people!”

"Sergeant Tazar of SABER 3rd division," Mark Mark said rather indifferent.

Violet nodded, still energized, “Well it’s good to meet you! Now, what woule be your purpose here on Xuno Sergeant? You don’t seem to happy about it from what can tell.” Her tone was joyful.

"That's my usual expression, I was tasked with helping train your troops in modern tactics," He said his tone unchanged.

“Ah, and I would assume this SABER is with Section 6 I presume?” She asked pulling out a clip board and resting her other hand on the comms link on her ear, ready to send a report of an intruder.

He raised an eyebrow, "Yes I'm with Section 6, SABER is the S6 military. This should be common knowledge. Considering you know, all our soldiers who fought in your war were SABER."

He was mildly irritated by the inefficiencies in their intelligence network.

Violet looked at him a bit confused, "Okay. Never heard of them... maybe the other infantry have, but we recieved a lot of direct help from Ragnorok... if i'm saying their name correct." She perked back up, "Anyhow! I don't need to imprison you! Oh today is a grand one!"

"So who do I need to talk to, to get up?", Mark asked cutting to the point.

“Ah! That would be Kyro. There no one in charge of the military just yet... well... no one in charge of the entire military besides him. Elections have also yet to have taken place. So everyone is working off of the pure monarchy till elections take place.” Violet explained.

She then pointed into the city down the road from the field they were standing in. “Head to the capital building, We call it the Concrete Fortress. So just ask for that when you enter into Fien.” She told him joyfully.

Mark picked up his gear and began to walk towards the city without another word.

As Mark walked down the streets, he could see the civilians walking about as if nothing had happened. The buildings were of an older infrastructure model and mostly made of wood and some stone bases. Though there were brick buildings as well. Xunok soldiers in their respected countries uniforms still remained as they haven't been given another, being the invasion had only just ended a week ago. They seemed calm but on vigilant.

Further down he starts to notice a much larger military presence and then is stopped at a concrete barricaded road end by some soldiers. On the other side was a massive court yard and plaza full of soldiers and a large grey concrete structure.

The Xunok Lieutenant holds his hand out to stop Mark, "Halt! What's your business here." He stated firmly and strict.

"Sergeant Tazar of SABER, here assigned to provide modern training for the troops. I was told I need to speak to Kyro," he said flatly.

The lieutenant shook his head, “No. Absolutely not. You’re rank is no where near the level to see his majesty. Unless you can show documents that can prove me wrong.”

"Princess Violet is the one who directed me hear, and told me to speak with him. These are the documents for my orders.They were pre-discussed between the commander and his majesty." Mark said handing over a datapad.

The Lieutenant takes the lad and reads it over, “Hm... one of the glass ones... Okay, you are allowed passage.” He hands the docum back then steps out of the way for him. ”Concrete Fortress is where he last was. Though... he has his ways.”

"Understood," Mark said before walking onto the building, entering its halls to look for Kyro.

When Mark entered into the building, it was loud, there were many people flooding the
entrance. Coming from all over. They were in uniforms, dresses, robes, etc. As he made his way upstairs, he found a room with double dark oak doors with two guards standing outside of it in a red uniform made of silk, they were also wielding storm rifles and looked extremely well trained. A plaker on the side of the door read [Head of State].

"Sergeant Tazar of SABER, I have orders to speak to his majesty in regards to troop training. Do you need to see said orders, and can I leave my effects here?", Mark said still rolling the crate and toting the duffle over his shoulder along.

The Royal guard at the door looked at him, "Drop your equipment for a search. Make sure you're not an assassin." He ordered him with a strict tone unlike the others.

Mark kept his indifferent expression as he slowly put the bag down and slid the crate forward. He stepped back with hands up.

The Dovanian Royal Guard stepped forward and padded him down to check for anything on his person.

"Sidearm on hip, combat knife at small of back, pocket knife in right pocket. Crate contains my standard issue gear, Revenant power armor and a Maverick rifle. Duffle holds personal effects, clothes, and ammunition." Mark said noting all weapons and major contents.

After Removing his weapons and setting them on the crate he nodded at the door, “You May enter now.”

Mark entered, slowly lowering his hands. He walked in to see Kyro, "Greetings, I'm Sergeant Tazar of SABER, I've been ordered here on a previous discussion between you and the commander on more modern training for your troops."

Kyro was sitting down at his dark oak desk looking over some black files, he was scratched his beard and seemed to be studying the material he was looking at, "You should knock before entering." He said before turning to Mark, "Now, you were sent here by SABER. Most interesting, yes, please, sit down." He gestured at the two chairs across from the desk.

Mark took a seat, his expression unchanging, but waited for Kyro to say more.

Kyro put down his file and sat up looking dead at Mark, "First I get Ty Sibo and his colleagues, now I have you. What's next, Uso herself trains them." He made a slight chuckle, "That would be humorous to watch. I digress, tell me about yourself. It's my policy to know who will be training by soldiers."

"Sergeant Mark Tazar, was a marine for five years before joining S6. Numerous successful ops and victories. Highest rank was 1st Lieutenant. I am now a trooper with SABER. My specialty is squad tactics, guerilla warfare, and demolitions," Mark said with odd almost monotone, his voice and expression never changing.

Kyro looked at him, knowing what that indicated, “How many fellow men at arms did you lose. You seem to be hellbent on that. I can tell lad. I was a 1st Lieutenant in the Osman Dragoon‘s. Orders came directly from his majesty and my father. I know what it’s like to lose those you care for. However, don’t lose your will to live as well. I digress, I assume you saw the gathering in the courtyard correct.” He said stern.

"Yes I did.", he said simply only giving the answer needed.

“Do you require a place for rest and living?” Kyro asked him.

"That would be more convenient then a tent. I brought my own effects and gear. Is there a schedule, or particular group you wish me to work by?," Mark asked.

Kyro opened up his drawer and pulled out a file, then gave it to Mark, “Regiment 003 is in need of some training. You’ll be in charge of them. Around 5,000 men and women. You’ll be living in the newly transformed Section 6 Guest Barracks. Don’t think of it as a Barracks. Because it’s not.” Kyro explained to him.

"If not barracks, what are they?"

Kyro stood up, “I’ll show you personally, just follow me and grab your luggage on your way out.” As he headed out of his office.

Mark followed at quick pace, and grabbed his luggage from the hall.

==== Xuno, Section 6 Guest Barracks====

Kyro opened the door to the large brick building, inside it was furbished as a luxury hotel. "This is where you'll be sleeping. There are multiple accomidations. Feel free to use them. The staff will be here around the clock. Come find me in the court yard once you get settled in." He said leaving.

Mark cared little for the embellishments, and simply asked directions to his room. Once his gear was placed in the room, he returned outside. Once outside, he located Kyro and stood at attention, "I have returned Sir."

Kyro was looking out at the training field, he to his right, where there was a small grouping of people. Only around 200, “Those are the current personnel you’re in charge of training. The rest are still needing to be transported here.”

"ETA on the rest?", Mark asked looking the group over.

Kyro asked, “Pardon? Please elaborate.”

Mark rubbed his forehead a moment, "estimated time of arrival."

Kyro nodded, “It’s been a long day for me. About a week. Don’t expect much until then. Also, keep everyone occupied as much as you can Coming the next two days. Elections are going to be taking place and I do not need to be in a shitstorm. Pardon the language.”

Mark just gave him a dull look, "I'm a soldier, not some pastor who cares about language. I'll keep them doing exercises and doing evaluations so I can get a sense of what limits they have. What i can push, what I need to avoid, and where they can approve."

Kyro turned away from him looking out at the other regiments, “You Sergeant. You can beat the absolute shit out of these men and women. I care not of how rough you are. If they cannot withstand the harshest beatings then send them to medical and try again. I want them numb to pain Sergeant. This is Regiment 001. Dovania’s Best of the best. The Dovanian Royal Guard should envy them. That’s What I expect from them.“ He stares in his cold tone. When he turned back to Mark he was having a genuine smile on his face.

He turned Mark to fully face Kyro, “Lad, I’ll be frank. I see the loss in your eyes. However, you need to learn that the world isn’t over. These young and middle aged soldiers. They come for a new life. Maybe you’ll find it here lad. All you need to do is enjoy yourself. Welcome to Dovania.” He handed him a small Black velvet box and turned around walking away. “You have fun beating them up alright!”

Mark didn't really have the same idea on what was fun. Then again, he didn't find ananything fun. He had a mission, and if it took breaking these men to succeed, then he would break them down to there based parts, and put them back together as the ultimate weapons.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back