• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

The Nodal System

Lin

I've read quite a bit about something called the Nodal System. Apparently working through swarms of nanites covering surfaces and floating through the air, the Nodal System is made of pure joy and wonder. It stops smoking, cleans up after you, creates clothing, and even does magic!

All that aside, I'm finding it a little difficult to learn about what the system actually _does._ I may just be overlooking something obvious, but information is rather scant. What, then, can and can't the Nodal System do?

In short, pretty much anything that you could theoretically program into a control system for zillions of femtoscopic construction machines. Individually, they can't do much; organic material would take a ton of energy to make even something simple, so it generally isn't, but simple stuff like petroleum-based plastics and such that would normally be synthesized in a factory are pretty easy.

Or so it seems. But the raw material has to be there.

Also, I've been told the 'magic' is being purged from existence.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back