• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission The Personal Starship for Synthetic beings, Night Star

Charaa

Staff Member
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission RP Example
https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/threads/operation-fireplace-ostarae-os-malos.69452/page-6#post-432081
Submission URL
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=starships:night_star
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Outlaws (Independent)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
I figured its about time I submit this, This is my character Nyx Pine's personal starship, but i am also using a group of these for my Delta Fleet group.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
So there's a few things I feel that I should note before I FM stamp this; it's using military equipment on it so the list of manufacturers should probably include either the NDC itself, the Department of Engineering, or Conclave Ship Works, which is the nationalized shipbuilding company that the NDC established some years ago.

Secondly, it ought to be about tier 10 based on size, not tier 12. Most of the weapons should be fine, but I noticed that it included the use of two SHIVA cannons, which are too large to fit on this ship, and not really suited to its role. I suggest those be removed, as the NDC wouldn't give these away to be mounted on a personal starship.

Lastly, when it comes to speed, the FTL speed should be 12 ly/h (or 0.2 ly/m) as specified on the Falcon Tunnel Drive page rather than the 75 copied from the EYE III class page. The STL speed looks fine for NDC ships.

I am curious, who in particular actually built the ship? The history section says that the design was sent to the Department of Engineering, but the manufacturing section lists the Mining Guilld, who as far as I can tell just provided a bit of tech.

I don't see anything else that should hold this up at least from the FM approval perspective, though I'll refrain from making any more NTSE-style comments, since there's nothing else NDC specific to mention in that regard. You've addressed everything I brought up so this gets an FM-stamp from me.

Last edited:
The speed of 75 LY/hour is nowhere near the speed on the approved Falcon Tunnel Drive article. What's up with the huge increase?

You made it faster than Yamatai's fastest ship, the Fuji! What ships are you using for comparison?

That's okay with me, it still seems weird that the linked drive doesn't seem to support that speed but I don't want to hold this up too much.

Random club24 appearance

At the time of writing the falcon drive i was advised to basically underpower it because i was “playing with tech not heavily used” in sarp and gh was still a newish corp, not that i have anything against it being faster than what it’s currently written as but could i use this instance in charaas ship as a basis for an “update” to the drive now that its been around for a few years, like a version 2 of the same thing.

The NDC has worked with gh many a time so it wouldn’t be out of place for them to have wanted improvements on tech they were using ect ect

RPG-D RPGfix
Back