• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP The Right Time

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
YE 46
RP Location
Restored Noria, Chrystalis Universe

0300 hours local, New Vaalor​

Noria​

Secure Zone, Imperial Infirmary​

tetsuyaeitanmedical_andrew_2024.png

A series of blips repeated in succession as Tetsuya's heartbeat and other biometrics were recorded. He had been in a coma for months, showing no signs of waking, resembling the solemn slumber of a fairy tale prince. Suddenly, like a child jolted from a nightmare, his eyes opened with disorienting abruptness. It took him a few moments to pull himself into a seated position, becoming acutely aware of the sensors attached to his body transmitting his vitals to the mindhive.

As he looked around the room, his vision slowly cleared from the long sleep. He blinked and focused on the distant image of a palace with his uncle's image projected before it. His weak muscles protested as he turned and placed his feet on the floor beside the bed. Attempting to stand, his legs gave out beneath him, and he collapsed to the floor with a grunt. Resting his head against the side of the bed, he managed to sit up again, panting heavily from the exertion. Determined, he began to drag himself across the floor toward the console on the other side of the room.

By the time he reached the console, his face was coated in perspiration. He stopped at its base, breathing heavily, feeling his heart pounding. Seething, he whispered vehemently, "Betrayed me... you've... all betrayed me..." With effort, he pulled himself up to the console and authenticated himself. "...one right after another..." he exhaled sharply as he accessed the Imperial IDE chamber and primed it. He then opened a secure transuniversal communication to the planet Akina in the Kikyo Sector, accessed the storage device hidden in the tree planted on the day of the memorial, and transferred the data to the mindhive in the chamber. "...time to end this cycle..." he muttered to himself as he initiated the IDE restoration. "...let's see you do it now..." he said, confirming the resurrection sequence.

the_tree_andrew_midjourney_024.png

The screen flashed and the mindhive announced, 'Reanimation sequence for Sinith Eitan has begun. Please standby.'

He gave input for a secondary sequence to follow. He could barely see as he interfaced with the console. "Additional units require verbal authorization.." the mindhive reminded as he let out a deep breath. "Action verified. Tetsuya Eitan," he said as he slid down from the console, his chest heaving. He slipped back to the floor as the mindhive began the secondary sequences. 'Reanimation sequence for Lithia Eitan and Lao'Taun Chonyosa has been placed in queue. Umarian body-form will require additional time. Please standby.'

Several Days Later​

"Beloved Citizens of the Imperium," Tetsuya began as he took the podium, "A few days ago, I awoke from a coma caused by a treacherous act of cowardice. This was followed by the ascension of my Uncle, who may have had Noria's past interests at heart, but disregarded the progress we have made in the last decade." Tetsuya glanced over the crowd of U.N.N. officers seated in the Quorum Assembly. "In response to the liberties taken during my absence, I have issued the following Imperial Decrees and offer my sincerest apologies for being away from you all," he said, raising his voice slightly. "Effective immediately, the Species Equality Act is reinstated and is to be constitutionally enshrined to ensure this never happens again..." he paused briefly as he heard some people shouting in approval.

"Secondly, there will be compensation for all Minasan and Laeyrian citizens who had their rights infringed upon and their lives disrupted. This compensation will come directly from the Imperial Bloc," there were slight gasps of shock as he spoke. "Thirdly, I have issued an Imperial Order and amendment to the constitution naming my son Uaeso as my heir, as your heir and future ruler of the Imperium. No longer will my and Sinith's son be ignored by those who should bow in reverence, for we all know his deeds and sacrifices for the good of us all."

Tetsuya leaned slightly over the podium and declared loudly, "It is time for change. It is time for us to join hands with our allies and even those we have overlooked while granting them citizenship. No longer will neighbors report on neighbors, and no longer will injustice and prejudice be tolerated. If you believe we were made to rule the heavens and stars, then you must start proving we are worthy of such a lofty goal..." he paused, his words trailing into silence as one of the planetary marines raised the Minatu and Laeyrian banners on the flagpole. "It is time we honored our unity. We will work to restore the remaining worlds shattered by the Craethel; this rebirth will be bestowed upon Minatu Prime and Laeyria as well. I remind you all that we will become what my grandfather envisioned us to be: the stewards of the stars!"

"Ikvareik Esarmor!"
"Ikvareik Esarmor!"

"Ikvareik Esarmor!"

Failure after failure...​

Tetsuya stood in the dimly lit chamber, his heart pounding with a mixture of hope and dread. The flickering lights of the integrated digital essence (IDE) restoration chambers cast an eerie glow, reflecting off the sleek, metallic surfaces. He had spent countless hours here, overseeing the meticulous efforts to restore the consciousness of his closest and dearest people, whose digital essences were thought to be safely preserved. As his son Jun approached, his face was a mask of sorrow and defeat. "Father," he began hesitantly, "the restorations have failed. The digital essences were too corrupted. We couldn't bring them back."

The words hit Tetsuya like a physical blow. He staggered back, his eyes wide with shock and disbelief. For a moment, he couldn't breathe. His vision blurred, and he felt an overwhelming wave of nausea. This wasn't just a failure of technology; it was a failure of hope, a failure to restore the lives and legacies of his people. He clenched his fists, his knuckles turning white. "No..." he whispered, his voice cracking with emotion. He had clung to the hope that the hidden IDEs would bring back those lost in the devastating conflict. It was supposed to be a lifeline, a way for him to move forward.

Tetsuya's mind raced, flashing through memories of those he had lost: friends, family, his spouse. Their faces seemed to haunt him now, their smiles a painful reminder of what now could never be reclaimed. The weight of his failure pressed down on him, almost crushing in its intensity. He fell to his knees, a guttural cry escaping his lips. The chamber, once a symbol of promise, now felt like a tomb. Silent tears streamed down his face as he bowed his head, his shoulders shaking with the force of his grief. The loss was too much to bear.

For a long time, Tetsuya remained on the floor, his despair palpable. Slowly, Tetsuya rose to his feet, his face set in a mask of determination despite the tears. He knew he couldn't afford to succumb to despair, not when his people needed him the most. He wiped his face with a trembling hand and took a deep breath. His eyes widened slightly. He opened his mouth to protest, but Jun held up a hand, silencing him. "Father, you've carried the weight of our people and their hopes for so long. This failure is not yours alone to bear. Let me shoulder some of this burden."

Jun's face was resolute, his eyes filled with a blend of determination and compassion. "Uncle Nira will need to understand the specifics of what went wrong, and I have the technical knowledge to explain it accurately. More importantly, you need time to grieve and gather your strength for what lies ahead and so will he. Our people still need you to lead them, and you cannot do that if you're drowning in sorrow."

The Jol'Aestaesys looked at his son, seeing the strength and sorrow in his eyes. Jun was right; the explanation needed to be clear and thorough, and he was in no state to provide that now. He nodded slowly, his expression a mix of gratitude and sorrow. "Thank you, Jun," Tetsuya said, his voice barely above a whisper. "You are right. I... I need some time." Jun squeezed his father's shoulder gently. "Rest, Father. I will handle this. Nira needs to hear the truth, and I will make sure he understands everything. We will find a way to move forward, together."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back