• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

The United Tyran Confederation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensualCoder

Planet: Tyra
Race: Nepleslian
Goverment: United Tyra Confederation (UTC)

30 light-years to the galactic north-east of Yamatai, within an expanse of closely groups stars known as the Wilhelm Cluster, lies the world of Tyra. Tyra is a civilised world, with much of the population living in cities over its three main continents, with the great spire-city of Cora as its capital.

The UTC is governed by the Council, which includes the four sector governors as well as the governor of Tyra. Also present are the Lord Generals of the Army and Marines and the Grand Admiral of the Navy. The Council is in charge of everything concerning the greater Confederation down to the sector level. After that, each sub-sector is governed by their Administrators, and each system by their Moderators. This allows for efficient and fast changes and decrees to be made, as well as rapid response to any threat.

The Tyrans speak a form of Latin, which is regarded as their High language, and speak English as their Low. Tyrans are schooled from the age of 4 to 16, then are required to enter the military for 2 years. After that they may go back to school, stay with the service, or whatever they want. This allows the Tyrans to have a strong standing army, and the training they go through puts them on par with any other human military. The Tyrans first are recruited into the Army. After their 2 years, if they so choose, may join the Marine forces. This makes it so no inexperienced warriors come into, or are in, the Marines at any time.

The Tyrans are expansionists, and are willing to fight whatever stands in their way. They also believe in personal prestige and honor, and will do almost anything to regain it should it be lost.

Sounds cool so far. I'd like to hear more.

Um... is it really necessary to include yet another 'race' that is very similar to an existing race?

Personally, I'd find it much more interesting if the Nepleslian decided to send a group of covert colony vessel to colonize a few more star systems in secret and suddenly look a lot tougher than they were before by suddenly unveilling their new find and showing that the 'Neplesia Star Empire' has more than just two measly star systems.

Like my stance on the Elysian/Loraths... I think more work here could be done to either mesh it in more in the current setting's happenings or to have it further stand out as its own organisation and species. Additional human-looking aliens that are almost identical to humans except for different skin pigmentation or an odd body ridge i one place is something I expect from Star Trek. I'm sure the SARP can do better.

As I have yet to include a history, I will say this.

The Nepleslians sent a colonization project into this Wilhelm Cluster. They lost contact with themsoon after, but failed to send an investigative team. The Tyrans then grew up on their own and started conquering planets near them. So, technically they are not a different race, but rather a slight offshoot of the Nepleslians. The colonization to the current year spans about...I'd like to say 200 years. They were cut off by a large-scale Aether storm, and left with little technology of their own, as they salvaged their ships for necessary parts. They developed their own FTL drives around 50 years ago, but were in the process of recovering from a major civil war. They haven't made contact with Nepleslia or Yamatai yet (I was hoping I could do that as a storyline thing). As well, they have lost contact with a few of their outposts, and suspect one of their planets, Arkhand, is the cause of this breakaway. They are gearing for war.

Are you still working on these?

Good question. Are they still working on this? @Gunhand4171, as the current Nepleslian FM, do you think you would implement this into the Nepleslian Government as a Colony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back