• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Freespacers [The Viscous Chicken] Not all who work know what they do

MarQuid

Inactive Member
Author:MissingNo

Query: system status
scanning…

Return: system status = 89%
Note: system failure accelerating.

Query: system lifetime

Return: estimated system lifetime = 0001:03:08:21:06:12.2864212

---
Tweak put down the wrench after giving the flow regulator one last twist and slid out from under the large bit of machinery she had been working on for the last few days.

At least, that’s what her journal said. She had found the entry and searched the machine shops on board for the partly-started device before finding it up on a shelf. Not that she remembered that at all. All she knew was that there was a growing tangle of pipes, wires, and circuits in the machine room and a loose blueprint drawn with a lot of notes in her notebook. The blueprints seemed to document only what she had already done and had nothing detailing what she intended the machine to do.

I need to be more organized about these things, thought Tweak, getting to her feet and looking over the drawings again before adding a note where she had installed the flow regulator. Especially if I can’t ever remember what I’m doing. Taking a step back, she held up the book and looked back and forth between the sketch and the real thing.

“I’ll find a use for you, don’t worry,” she said to her creation. The machine replied by venting a cloud of steam with a high-pitched whistle that dropped to a low hum as the pressure was released. Tweak twisted her mouth to one side and furrowed her brow in mild concern.

“Just…don’t blow up before I do.”

RPG-D RPGfix
Back