• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC The Wayward Discussion

Such is life. No worries, though. Embel is still there! But it'll be wonderful to have the player back to make her more alive!

Last time on the Wayward

After dropping out of FTL, the ship was immediately bombarded by asteroids. Fortunately the ship only suffered moderate (relatively) damage and Hugar was able to land it mostly in one piece.

Our intrepid crew then set out on a jeep, driven by Embel, to investigate some ruins. Upon arrival however, the crew was attacked by space wolves. The brief firefight that ensured forced the crew to retreat back to the Anbruch. Due to the discovery that space wolves appear to be resistant to bullets, the ‘away’ team started to use the shuttle to get to the ruins. Shortly after Tanja, Hugar, Nan, and our client arrived at a weird spire ruin, a unidentified ship landed near (3 km) from the Anbruch.

Then action started.

10 km away from the Anbruch :Hugar, Tanja, Nan and our snakey client are at the spire fighting some dinosaur mammoth.

Back at the Anbruch:, Analiese went outside to try to convince a bear thing to delay this unknown crew. Reed and Quinn have recently ran out of the bridge and are both trying to get Ana back on the ship. Meanwhile Embel is still manning her station in the bridge.

I have actually been controlling Embel, not for a lot, be we needed someone who could operate all the ship's systems (mainly scanners) well. But yeah if you have any questions just ask me, Jackson's summary does have the rough outline of what has happened up till now.

Well just waking up and confused.
Oh and on that note, that was actually the way I just (10 posts back) used to reintroduce Reed back into the plot. I was lucky to get a point where Reed's activities were very ambiguous.

Slightly more detailed and recent summery:

After Embel, Reed and Quinn realized that Ana had gone outside to the bear thing, Reed exited the bridge quickly and enthusiastically with Quinn following shortly afterward. So yeah, Embel was last seen 1-2 minutes ago sitting in the recently vacated bridge.

I know that it has taken me a longer than desired time to post, but I would appreciate it if individuals did not post multiple sets of actions that require responses or could provoke responses in a single post turn. It makes it very difficult for me as a GM to post when actions at the beginning of the cycle should've been responded to but the character as already 'moved on'.

Sorry. I am waiting and trying not to react too much to the others until I know what the bear is doing...or not doing...

Sorry about the flood of posts from me. Someone on a different site told me to try to take the initiative more but in hindsight I think I got a little overenthusiastic. I'll try to dial it back down.

Initiative is good, don't be afraid to. Just if you do something that might provoke a response, wait for the response is all.

It would be upto the people on ship to close it after they left, and it can come back up relatively fast. It also leads to cargo, which only leads to other areas via doors.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…