Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

The Yamataian WH40k Badges/Banners

((Since it was an unanswered question in the last thread, I made this poll to answer it[basically].))

I figured I could just go ahead and make a few badges and banners for the Star Army of Yamatai. This is so that Yamatai WH40k players(if there are any) can enjoy a unique symbolism that only Yamataian players can enjoy(basically.) This is the result of my work, I used the ship patches for the badges, however, since the Yagumo has no ship patch, I used the humming bird.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v320_Kokuten_Badge_20Banner_20Showcase_SAMPLE.webp

As you can see, I also provided 3 different sorts of banners, one is a clear, one flag design. I'll demonstrate how they all look in the ingame, I used the Eldar, since mainly, most people take Yamatai as Eldar. Personally I think Yamataians could probably relate more as Tau, but they were a horrible decision for a demonstration since you never even see their badges in game(Then again, the Eldar arn't that great of Badge Showers either, but meh.) The last thing I'd like to say before we move on, is that I didn't make a Ship Colors style of Flag(Like the previous NSS Alliance Banner, it had the colors for the NSS Alliance not all of Nepleslia.) I did this, because I have no idea of what any of the ships prefered colors are.

Webway Assembly Flag
Strategic Point Flag

The next is a double flag design, I made this one first because I had absolutely no idea which flag was the Yamataian main, so I decided to go with the one with the Mindy on red.

Webway Assembly Flag
Strategic Point Flag

The last of the three is a one flag design with all of the ship badges on it. This is a more space marine style, since some banners of the SM have one design and 3 other smaller designs at the bottom(works for Orks as well.)

Webway Assembly Flag
Strategic Point Flag

Now, we move to the badges, since I'm no artist, it was mostly copy and paste. First, is the Yagumo, here their badge will be represented by the Eldar Army, Kiyoko's Comerades. By the way, I was making these around midnight, so my inborn name generator couldn't make any cool names up to WH fluff.

Army Painter
Bonesinger(Builder Unit)
Guardian(Standard Combat Unit)*

Next, is the Goban, this badge will be represented by the Eldar Army, Kyosuke's Calvary.

Army Painter
Bonesinger(Builder Unit)

Then, is the Miharu, this badge will be represented by the Eldar Army, Kotori's Crushers. Since I have a PC on this ship, I spent a little more time on this army. Note the golden Trim 2, which is the eye color(this is the Farseer, an Eldar hero unit, also, this a demonstration of the badge**) for the Eldar, okay, let's continue.

Army Painter
Bonesinger(Builder Unit)

Lastly, but surely not least, the Sakura. This badge will be represented by the Eldar Army, Hanako's Hundred.

Army Painter
Bonesinger(Builder Unit)

If any of you want the Targas to these Badges and Banners, just contact me and I'll send them to you via E-Mail/YIM.

NOTE: These can be used for every Dawn of War game, from the Original on down to the latest Expansion Pack or installment. The process for installing them is the same for all the games.

*I think Uso refered to these as 'Pathfinders'

*Check the right boob if you didn't see it.

What the hell is with the bigass SAMPLE text?

I don't really understand all of this ... but it sounds really cool. And the pictures are neat! Kyosuke's Calvary ... hehehe.

I don't think anyone outside of the Nepleslian plot plays Dawn o War.

*Also, those units are Guardians. Eldar get access to the Ranger later on and if you are playing tabletop a certain craftworld can get Pathfinders which are an elite version of the Ranger. They get better cover saves, a chance to ignore armor, and the pathfinder table which gives random events that screw up the enemy's deployment.

Wes said:
What the hell is with the bigass SAMPLE text?

I have had trouble in the past with people taking my banners/badges when I openly display them. With the sample text, they can't just copy n' paste(All they'd have to do is mess with the alpha layer a little), and have their own copy to claim as their own. I sometimes did this with some of my old sprite sheets.

GAH! "You got 40k on my SARP, you got SARP on my 40k..." two great tastes that have no business touching each other's bums. :D

Woulden't the Yamatai forces lend themselves better with tau more than the eldar though?

And with that said here is a picture of my namesake character dressed as an eldar scout.

1175050189455.jpg

Dear Kokuten,

I love your work! As a matter of fact, we played a game earlier using both the Yamataian and Nepleslian customs.
However, a beautiful it is to see such wonderful designs on such nicely colored armies, the fact that I spent the better part of 45 minutes stomping around the map with a Bloodthirster and a Daemon Prince looking for those little buggers still instills deep loathing within me for them.

But god damn is that Nep banner sexy.

Sincerely,
PimpSlapJimmy, Supreme Chaos Pimp of all Space.

Flying tanks and a fascination with cloaks + skintight mesh? Sounds like Eldar and Yamatai are more alike than Tau.

If anything Tau is more like the NDI. Power armors bristling with weapons, ultra-modern tanks, and a coalition of various races united together.

Alternatively, Who else plays Dawn of War besides Lime and Koku?

Dawn of war has a scalable expansion feature.

Basically, regardless of which dawn of war you buy (Original, Winter Assault, and Dark Crusade) you can still go online and play with anyone even if they have a different dawn of war.

The catch is that you are restricted to playing the races that came with your game. So if you have it then get in touch with me over Y! and we can play. There is already a group of three playing fairly consistently.

Dis the Imperial Guard all you want. Your Necron's won't look so hot after my Imperial armoured regiment arrives on scene. For the Emperor! XD

In all seriousness though, fantastic decals. Nothing like a custom banner to make everything wrok out =3

Uso Tasuki said:
Dawn of war has a scalable expansion feature.

Basically, regardless of which dawn of war you buy (Original, Winter Assault, and Dark Crusade) you can still go online and play with anyone even if they have a different dawn of war.

The catch is that you are restricted to playing the races that came with your game. So if you have it then get in touch with me over Y! and we can play. There is already a group of three playing fairly consistently.

A. There's a third-party patch out now for Dark Crusade that lets you use all the races in multiplayer.

B. Four of us now. Davis joined me n' Koku for a rilin' good time of getting our asses raped last night.

Hm...

Well, I might join in then... Maybe. I'd be put off with the inability to play Tau, but oh well.

Plus, I seem to be the only play who ever uses artillery... effectively.

mmmmm.... Dawn of War. Moonman, I have to agree with you there, the Necrons are just viscous. Either them or the IG, what can you say against a Baneblade and a column of Lemun Russes? Sadly the Tau are a joke in that game (I play them in 40k, they balanced them very strangley in DoW). How the hell can the Hammerhead take so god-awful long to kill things with a freaking railgun!?! That beautious thing hole tanks left, right, and center in 40k. It is the bane of armored vehicles, like sun to a vampire, and yet it takes longer to kill a tank than a group of Crisis suits or lass cannons. It is just wrong.

And Uso, if only they had not removed the Pathfinder disruption table in the new codex. It was so beautiful and fun <sniff>. For me that is, I imagine other people did not like it.

Edit; Oh yes, I forgot: FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!!! We will liberate the shit out of you Eldar scum! Whether you want to be liberated or not!

I appreciate the comments, though, I'm not limitied to just Star Army badge making. If any of you want me to make a few badge/banner designs, I'll do it all for free.

Also.

Once I find good flag and badge designs, I might make some Elysian and Lorath ones, maybe even some freelance and pirate ones.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back