Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

The Yamataian WH40k Badges/Banners

((Since it was an unanswered question in the last thread, I made this poll to answer it[basically].))

I figured I could just go ahead and make a few badges and banners for the Star Army of Yamatai. This is so that Yamatai WH40k players(if there are any) can enjoy a unique symbolism that only Yamataian players can enjoy(basically.) This is the result of my work, I used the ship patches for the badges, however, since the Yagumo has no ship patch, I used the humming bird.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v320_Kokuten_Badge_20Banner_20Showcase_SAMPLE.webp

As you can see, I also provided 3 different sorts of banners, one is a clear, one flag design. I'll demonstrate how they all look in the ingame, I used the Eldar, since mainly, most people take Yamatai as Eldar. Personally I think Yamataians could probably relate more as Tau, but they were a horrible decision for a demonstration since you never even see their badges in game(Then again, the Eldar arn't that great of Badge Showers either, but meh.) The last thing I'd like to say before we move on, is that I didn't make a Ship Colors style of Flag(Like the previous NSS Alliance Banner, it had the colors for the NSS Alliance not all of Nepleslia.) I did this, because I have no idea of what any of the ships prefered colors are.

Webway Assembly Flag
Strategic Point Flag

The next is a double flag design, I made this one first because I had absolutely no idea which flag was the Yamataian main, so I decided to go with the one with the Mindy on red.

Webway Assembly Flag
Strategic Point Flag

The last of the three is a one flag design with all of the ship badges on it. This is a more space marine style, since some banners of the SM have one design and 3 other smaller designs at the bottom(works for Orks as well.)

Webway Assembly Flag
Strategic Point Flag

Now, we move to the badges, since I'm no artist, it was mostly copy and paste. First, is the Yagumo, here their badge will be represented by the Eldar Army, Kiyoko's Comerades. By the way, I was making these around midnight, so my inborn name generator couldn't make any cool names up to WH fluff.

Army Painter
Bonesinger(Builder Unit)
Guardian(Standard Combat Unit)*

Next, is the Goban, this badge will be represented by the Eldar Army, Kyosuke's Calvary.

Army Painter
Bonesinger(Builder Unit)

Then, is the Miharu, this badge will be represented by the Eldar Army, Kotori's Crushers. Since I have a PC on this ship, I spent a little more time on this army. Note the golden Trim 2, which is the eye color(this is the Farseer, an Eldar hero unit, also, this a demonstration of the badge**) for the Eldar, okay, let's continue.

Army Painter
Bonesinger(Builder Unit)

Lastly, but surely not least, the Sakura. This badge will be represented by the Eldar Army, Hanako's Hundred.

Army Painter
Bonesinger(Builder Unit)

If any of you want the Targas to these Badges and Banners, just contact me and I'll send them to you via E-Mail/YIM.

NOTE: These can be used for every Dawn of War game, from the Original on down to the latest Expansion Pack or installment. The process for installing them is the same for all the games.

*I think Uso refered to these as 'Pathfinders'

*Check the right boob if you didn't see it.

Indeed, I wish they had never put a unit limit in. It was so fun building fleet of 80 Heavy cruisers or 200 bombers and hyperspacing them right on top of a mothership (for reference, the mothership died in like 6 seconds to the HCs). Good times. I need to find the disk for that thing...

Hrm it seems in my late night state of mind, I failed to make badges for the Picses Station. Even though they're not a ship, they're apart of Yamatai. So, I went ahead with the patch design Wes put up in the Picses Forum(Since it's his work, he has ownership of these badges too.[I'm pretty sure there's a big discussion the copyright stuff.) Yes, I know this isn't the official patch, but it's what I went on to make it(If you'd like, I'll make a badge out of the official patch when it comes out.) Though let's get to the viewing of the badge!

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v320_Kokuten_Badge_20Banner_20Showcase_SAMPLEpisces.webp

I'm pretty sure you can tell that the sides are a little rough, but that really doesn't matter when the badges are applied ingame. I decided to go with two different designs since the pisces symbol looked pretty good with out the name border. Here's a few designs(Made an army name for this one too!):

Army Painter
Bonesinger
Guardian

When I started up the skirmish for the borderless badge design, I decided to play a match to see how well Eldar played after the most recent patch. I must say, they are devestating. Though here's a few post-game unit shots(With an army painter shot.)

Army Painter
Warp Spiders(Not actually spiders)
Fire Prism Grav Tank
Wraithlord
Ranger(Sniper Squad)

Now, I know a lot of you may not know what WH40K:DoW:DC(Damn, it's even long abbreviated!) looks like in action. To me, it's a pretty awesome game, it's filled with action, destruction, action and blood(and more action!). I'll give you an example of what this is like with screenshots from the battle previously mentioned.

Here's the near-end part of the match, my Eldar army(Marina's Marauders,) are advancing from up the creek, and met resistance from the Alitoic(SP?).

As you can see, resistance is futile.

Then, up the hill we went, my Avatar of Khaine(The big fiery dude, in the first pic) leading the charge. With their defense crushed, the only real defense were just turrets on the Startegic Points(They have flags on them.) The Webway Assembly(Eldar HQ), currently being lit up by a bright light, was my target.

With the Assembly gone, it was only a matter of how quickly my Eldar could move(and trust me, Eldar move FAST.) For some odd reason, my Avatar of Khaine was having trouble figuring out where to go next.

As you can see, my army is clearly triumphant. All that's left are a few buildings.

And there you have it, Total Victory.

Remember, I've got Targas, and I can give them to you!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back