• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Thiros Codz

ShadowHawke

Inactive Member
Name: Thiros Codz

General Information

Species: Nepleslian

Family / Creators:
Father - Theodore Codz (Deceased, YE28)
Mother - Margaret Codz (Deceased, YE28)
Brother - Jason Codz (Deceased, YE25)
Older sister - Celeste Codz (24, currently alive, married, 2 children - Kara (F-5), Joseph (M-4), Husband - Michael Yor

Employer: Star Army of Nepleslia
Current Assignment:

Physical Characteristics

Height: 6' 2" (1.88 m)
Weight: 172 lbs (78 kg)
Measurements:
Bra Size:

Build and Skin Colour: Flesh colored skin - Semi-Muscular build, works out and runs everyday
Facial Features and Eye Colour: Green Eyes
Hair Colour and Style: Brown hair - short tight cut

Distinguishing Features:

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
He is a likeable person, and cares about his team. Is not willing to place anyone under his command into situations he himself would not be willing or capable of performing. He constantly strives to challenge and improve himself as much as possible.

Dislikes: Narrowminded people, Laziness, Recklessness
Goals: Starship Captain

History

His family had enough resources to keep him off the streets, while his father served in the Star Army of Yamatai his mother ran the family's business. The business has been in the family for about 3 generations now and his mother worked with his uncle running and operating the everyday aspects. Not as successful as other restaurants, but enough to get the family by and live comfortable. The food was if anything similar to Italian but with a more rustic country taste. Thiros grew up helping his mother bake the breads, rolls and other such items, he is a capable baker but his mind often wandered on grand adventures beyond the planet.

His father as he grew saw this vision behind his son's eyes and began to teach as well as encourage this behaviour. Over the years as time permitted, he learned how to use a pistol, then a rifle. He was quite proud of his accomplishments and soon moved to learn more including the study of martial arts.

During his childhood, he only had what a few would call close friends, James Lukas and Byran Chose. Now Byran was what one would call a computer savvy person, the two spent as much time when Thiros could find it playing video games or testing some new software the Byran found or wrote. James was more of the physical side and was Thiros's sparring partner for most of his teenage years. Where Thiros focused on weapons and martial arts dealing with hand-to-hand combat, James focused on martial arts involving various hand weapons. Thiros has learned how to handle and use those kinds of weapons from James but lacks the finer appreciation of the art, of course it could also be he thinks a hand blaster is more accurate and more effective than some martial arts weapon.

While he grew in his skills of handling weapons and such from his father and learning how to cook and bake from his mother, he found a love of his own. Mathematics intrigued him and he often spent time solving equations and understanding the aspects of two-dimensional geometry and trigonometry. He picked up a telescope and studied the stars as often as the nights would permit, he would plot and calculate the movements of stars and planets as he began to understand the inner workings of three-dimensional geometry and space. He excelled during his school years to win awards for both his school and himself.

In YE27 his father had finally retired, and began to help his mother run the restaurant, the restaurant actually did quite well that year and looked promising to continue. However, during the seceding of Nepleslia from the Yamatai Empire, his father, mother and uncle were killed when a mall was destroyed. The shock and anger that Thiros felt fueled his drive to leave his world behind and search for adventure in space, it wasnt the aspect of revenge that fueled his drive more of the idea he didn't want to perish from collateral damage.

His sister, older and already with a family, had already been operating the family business with his mother as well inherited the business. Thiros didn't object and allowed her to gracefully assume its ownership, besides he liked her husband Michael and thought the family restaurant would be in better hands anyways.

James and Thiros both joined the Star Army of Nepleslia as soldiers, they wanted to the first ones to help strengthen the new empire that had formed. Training was not as difficult as Thiros was led to believe, maybe it was his ambition or drive, or perhaps like his father and brother before him the family had a natural drive toward the military.

Within his first few weeks in training, he was able to aquire and hold a squad leader position. James ended up under his squad so the two were able to achieve much higher training scores the some of the other squads as the two worked cohesively together. The instructors noticed this and created more challenging scenarios to test the squad against. Time and time again the squad out performed the other training squads, as the two unified the remaining sqaud members into a tight team.

Maybe it was cockiness or perhaps just bad luck, during one of the training exercises Thiros miscalculated and a team member was killed. It was more of an accident than a direct result of anything Thiros had done, but he took it to heart and his enthusiasm degraded. Thiros lost his squad command as James took up the position, this however only lasted a few weeks at most as Thiros once again found some spark of whatever drove him. He was able to recover but kept the knowledge of the accident and determined there must be a better way to accomplish goals without sacrificing members either directly or accidently.

The remaining weeks proved invaluable as he began to understand various aspects of how to communicate as a team, how the paperwork behind the engine functioned. The paperwork didn't pull from him his greatest achievement, but he did it as best as he could - there might be better people at being more detailed or getting it done faster, but he was consistent in finishing it.

After basic training was completed, Thiros and James split up, James went on to focus more on special forces like training while Thiros went on to complete his advanced training in piloting power armor. This new challenge drove him during his training and he once again showed his colors and excelled at this new skill. He might not have the cybernetic interfaces some operators have, but he felt the suit of armor around him as if it was just another layer of clothing. As weird as that sounded he still felt it was what gave him the edge, maybe the idea allowed him to go the extra mile so to speak during training, allowed him to push the power armor beyond what was expected - or perhaps it was his mathematics skills of calculating vectors and equations rapidly that allowed him to turn or twist at just the right time to perform what was needed. Whatever it might be, he excelled and achieved his qualifications to operate the power armor.

Now that he has finished his training, he was waiting hopefully for a decent ship to join so that he could start his grand adventure. He often wonders where his two best friends had ended up, but he hopes that their adventure will be as grand as his...

Skills

Fighting: His father use to take him out when he was a child and taught him how to handle various combat weapons, when he joined the military he excelled at the weapons training. He has also improved and refined his study of martial arts, this study allows him to maintain his physique. Picking up an interest during his advanced training in piloting power armor, he has proved resourceful once again. He had met nearly all of the qualifications to pilot power armor and is hoping to continue to expand his skills and show more of his capabilities in hopes that one day he can pilot larger vehicles or weapon systems.

Culinary (Baker): He helped his mother operate the family business, a restaurant/bakery that has been in the family for ages. His skill in this area is average and he would be able to bake a variety of foodstuffs if the necessary ingredients were available.

Mathematics (Statistics/Geometry): Always had a knack for mathematics, especially those that revolved around statistics and three dimensional geometry.

Communication: He has recieved the army's basic training in communications and is familiar with the operations of all radios and transmitters. He has received enough training to get him as proficient with the regular paperwork the army demands of him.

Survival: Thiros has been trained in how to survive the rigors of any hostile environment. While not as capable as he would like to be, he has committed himself to improve and expand his training.

Strategy (Tactics/Discipline): Thiros excelled during tacitical training, mainly due to his understanding and love of two-dimensional and three-dimensional geometry. During his training he was able to maintain the squad leader command position longer than most recruits - his instructors remarked on his capabilities as exceptional, he is now wanting to put those skills to use on the real battlefield.

Vehicle: <need>

You cannot start your first character with a rank beyond sergeant (and more often preferably just soldier 3rd class). for that matter, your history spans too great a time with a lot of character shaping events which have never been actually roleplayed.

Start at the bottom and have him become like that through experience you'll gain in the roleplay. You'll have fun and you'll deserve the accomplishment when you get there, even though its likely to take a good, long while.

You should also remodel his skills to show he's a newly assigned soldier, not a commissioned officer with years of experience.

Also, there's an awful lot of deaths in the family. ~_~

Ahhh... my mistake then, I was building my character from the forms that were posted online, I believe it indicated enlisted, officer and even higher officer players - if that is not possible, my mistake then - the player guides need to be adjusted as well if that is not possible.

I was trying to build a character who had experience in command from the years that were listed. I am new to this group, but if this is not possible that is fine i will move on an seek another RPG.

Thanks for the note though...

I am new to this group, but if this is not possible that is fine i will move on an seek another RPG.

No it's not. Seeya around.

Edit: So I don't look like a complete prick, I'd just like to point out that some basic reading of the site would reveal that we have very few people of captain rank or above in the entire RP. Being a captain requires responsibilities beyond 'I can command a ship,' which means that you have to be able to handle a group of players and run a plotship. Besides, why would you want to be a captain other than to have a lot of power? This mindset does not lend well to a happy RP enviornment.

But I do agree that we need to be a little more specific with the 'who can play what rank' thing. Probably put a disclaimer on the nation selection page?

CCG: Old SA Occuptions said:
Your choices of occupations are based on your board rank. The more difficult occupations (officer ones) are reserved for more experienced players.

Hmm, I thought that it said it on the new occupations page too, yet as pointed out this is obviously not the case. x2 that requested to have this fixed.

I wasn't trying to RP for power... I was looking for a RPG that allowed for a Captain role, it doesn't make sense for an enlisted person to become an officer through time, that very rarely occurs (and when it does a few sacrifices have to be made, as its not always beneficial to be promoted and loose time in grade).

But anyways, I liked what I saw here - I got the impression from reading your character guidelines that there were a lot of those kinds of positions... but thats cool

Hey thanks anyways, I know its a lot of work moderating and such. I run a smaller PBEM but I might just have to expand that if I can't seem to find anything that warrants what I am looking for. But its cool - very interesting game here.

Also - when you list skills it says on some of the skills listed only Officers may choose that skill. Well if players can't be officers (at first), it might be easier that those skills not be shown to new players - just encourages us to make fools of ourselves :)

Could someone just point me to where I missed, I read fast sometimes there was a lot of material but I don't recall reading anything like that...

Just for my sanity sake if anything?

Well thank you - I am still have not decided what I shall do... I might redo the character and resubmit, but I am feeling a tad concerned at the openness of this RP site. I may be a "newbie" to this site, but I hardly consider myself a newbie to RPGs, and everyone has been sorta helpful so thats a plus on the high side.

Anyways thanks!

This link and this link offers you articles which help you get your character started. This part of the CCG also pretty clearly states that your newly created character should not have an history which would make him a veteran: new characters are people whom are just starting their careers.

If you are a good roleplayer and show the afore mentioned qualities of being able to handle a plot as well as being able to invest the time and the effort to participate in the setting so that your character would have obtained the promotions needed, you could earn yourself a command.

While most of the time experienced forum member will volunteer to Game Master plotships and create characters for them - like the Goban, the 5th Expeditionary Fleet and the Mikomi (veterans have a higher board rank and have already used a character, allowing them to create a character going up to their board rank in terms of experience). The Sakura was actually captained by a created NPC at first, but eventually was taken over by a long-running NPC character; while the fairly new YSS Miharu is actually captained by a player character whom took 8 out-of-character months to reach commisioned officer rank and earn her command.

So, it is possible to get what you want... but we don't hand out plotships just like that. It requires effort, dedication and participation... but it is possible for a player character to eventually get his or her own plotship.

Continuing with what Fred was saying: Everything depends on what you show the SARP community in your roleplay. If you show us that you are a competent roleplayer, an honest person, and are capable of handling a plotship, it could happen.

Otherwise, it won't. I mean, I've only been here for a few days and my character managed to climb aboard a closed plotship (that is, a plotship not accepting new members).

It's very dependant on the prospectiveness you show in relation to your roleplay capability. If a plotship commander determines that you have very high potential, you have more of a chance of becoming a plotship commander in the future, because if said assumption is true, your character should be able to advance in the ranks rather quickly while keeping themself healthy and alive.

But, that's just my two yen. Don't read too much into it, I suppose. Just trying to help.

Odd how 2 yen = .01 cents.

Anyway, the best suggestion anyone can give you is to create a new character and show that you can roleplay, instead of just telling us. Who knows? Perhaps the YSS Akira could be under your command one day.

Shadowhawke --

Please take the second bio you posted and edit it into the first. Keeps the thread cleaner and easier to refer to. Once you've done that, I'll delete the second posting of it.

I have a copy of your original, and I'll PM it to you for your records.

The history is disappointing. It barely reveals more than the family section and tells us very little about what past events shaped this character's life other than his family. I suggest you work more on this. Try to mesh in information from the history with the skills if you need some inspiration.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back