• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

This is absolutely scary!

Wv_Hawk_vW

Inactive Member
is it possible for anyone, NPC or PC, to achieve immortality by transfering their mind to a Nekovalkyrja before death?

It is possible for a man's mind to be transferred into a Nekovalkyrja body.

damn, too bad those girls dont exist in real life. you could have a 500-year-old mind in a 21-year-old body. or worse yet, a tyrant could have himself transferred to one of these catgirls before he dies, thus lengthening his tyranny.

Theoretically, yes. In actuality, not as much.

Yamataian Neko are still considered government property, so getting transferred into a Neko body means getting government permission to do so. It isn't handed out at the drop of a hat.

However, most species can have their "souls" transferred into a Yamataian body, which is not government property.

Doing so "before death" has not, however, been tested. The bodies can last, I believe, up to 125 years before they start to age/deteriorate. So far, the body itself has not even existed for a decade, so we've got a long way to go before we see how that works.

Also, if brain function starts to deteriorate before the Soul Transfer, that damage can't be repaired through the transfer.

WOW, suddenly the thought of some Yamatai emperor, in his deathbed (he is nearly 112 years old, assuming the average old-age death of a yamatai emperor is 100), reading this thread and saying, "oh yeah! doctor, transfer me to one of those catgirls over there, would you?" coughing up at least 1 lung somewhere along the way.

edit: the thought just hit me: he would have to do this before he hits the deathbed otherwise he will have brain damage and die in about 20 to 40 years, due to braindeath.

The Yamataian leadership is mostly Nekovalkyja already, actually, albeit older models then the 29 for the most part.

Wv_Hawk_vW said:
i hope they arent tyrants!
Depends on who you talk to. And it actually is better for certain "royals" than others...Ketsurui Yui literally respawns automatically if her body is killed, with all memories up to the point of death intact. However, in case you're starting to get ideas, she is a former main character of the Head Administrator and creator of the Star Army Roleplay, Wes, and was sidelined to NPC status because she is considered too powerful to use in roleplay. If the Head Admin of the site can't use a character like her, she is the unofficial power cap for the setting for any singular character.

About the body thing: Yamatians have their soul-transfer device (which was invented by the Elysians and is available for civilian use, though only with the Yamataian body type, not the military neko types), and the Nepleslian military has something called a "brain spider" which allows soldiers killed in action to have their memories re-uploaded into a cloned body. I don't know for sure what the other races have (I believe the other factions run on a "die once and the character is gone" philosophy), but the Freespacers have something similar to the brain spider, but it's definitely not as effective on an individual level.

WARNING: Mildly long post ahead that contains a series of conclusions, recommendations, and statements that addresses information from multiple threads by the original poster.

After reading through a majority of the threads that you've posted Hawk, the conclusion that I've reached is that you simply do not fully understand this site and its setting. I was the same way when I started on this site a few years back and here's some things that I think you need to understand:

1. The setting started in the year 2000 which means in real-life terms this plot is fairly old compared to most others that you will find. And the one thing that will always come hand-in-hand with an old setting is LOTS of rules to govern the flow of events in order to help the setting survive.

2. Between the years 2000 and 2007 the setting operated on a previous version of the site which covered the in-game span of YE 16 to YE 28 (YE = Yamataian Era, meaning the number of years since Yamatai was formed). So between that time only 12 years took place in-game.

3. Since the setting moved to the current site in 2007 in-game years have operated concurrently with real-life years, meaning that in the 5 years since the site moved (2007-2011) 5 years have taken place in-game (YE 29 - YE 33). Meaning that, since the setting started, 17 in-game years have taken place, which isn't a lot of time at all when you look at it (most characters were born before the setting began).

4. EVERY faction in the entire setting is fairly new, meaning that the extent of their abilities and technology haven't been fully realized. Examples, noting that the current year is YE 33: Yamatai was founded in YE 01 (it is only 33 years old), Nepleslia seceded from Yamatai in YE 28 (Nep is in its 6th year), the UOC which is a faction that recently fell to enemies was founded in the year YE 30 (it was only 4 years old when it fell).

5. SARP is a relatively diplomatic site, under the governance of Wes (the web master, founder, and Setting Manager of SARP). Meaning that every character, every piece of technology, has to be a approved by a group of peer moderators.

6. SARP has THOUSANDS of wiki pages. If you started reading right now you could spend the better part of a full year and not be finished (assuming you are some robotic creature who requires no food, sleep, or socialization).

Basically, what all of this points to is that SARP is fairly old and well-developed setting centering around a bunch of nations and factions that are extremely new (when put into real-world terms). The setting is extremely complex and, as far as the setting goes, every bit of submitted technology must be fairly realistic and be thoroughly explained through scientific principles. It is also a site that is based upon democracy, fairness, equality, and community

Every new player comes in and starts at the same level, with a private-ranking member of the military who has to work his way up. And from my understanding of SARP this is because you are a private-ranking player who has to work his way up. You can't just jump in and expect to have a powerful character until you develop yourself as a powerful player, because the character ALWAYS reflects the player and NEVER the other way around. If you want your characters to have power then you must earn it as the player or else you will get nowhere in the setting.

You can not simply walk in and expect to create some radically new piece of equipment or have your character undergo these extreme discoveries without a step-by-step scenario explaining IN DETAIL how the discovery happened, how the technology in question operates, and the circumstances surrounding the reason that the technology exists. Simply stating the technology was found in ancient ruins doesn't make sense because the technology is all relatively new and modern. If you go back 50 years in the setting things were radically different and technology wasn't even close to the level that its at now. It would be like finding some supercomputer in some undiscovered ruins on earth, which makes no sense at all.

This also means that SARP is not your typical sci-fi site. In other sites you can come in with whatever OP technology you want because everybody else will have OP technology regardless of whether or not it fits in with the current setting or makes sense. In other settings as long as the tech is reasonable and fits in with the stereotypical sci-fi genre then its okay. The largest problem is that you're assuming SARP is a generic science fiction setting, but in reality it is its own setting independent from all other sci-fi settings and adopting other scientific elements as the community sees fit. Unless you can get the community to agree with your decisions they will never happen, regardless of how much you justify it. If, as a community, we decide that technology that you're proposing is overpowered then it will not happen regardless of your desires or scientific background behind the equipment.

Lastly, to finish my entire large post (which I hate making) you have to consider the likeliness. Given the current setting and the people of the worlds that occupy them: what are the odds that a random every-day Joe comes across a planet that he would have no access to, discovers some god-like technology, has insane combat skills and defeats a bunch of pirates armed with starships in order to acquire the technology (explaining why the pirates didn't just go ahead and use the technology), has the knowledge to both harness the technology to create a god-ship and the experience to skillfully pilot the ship, and does this all without the other nations becoming nervous of the character's power and blowing him to smithereens?

Not to undermine your post, but I calculated that if we assumed pages took about a minute and a half to read on average, it would take about 7.8 days to read the whole wiki if you did nothing but read it 24 hours a day. At 8 hours a day, it would still take under a month. So the wiki is big, but not impossibly big. Also remember a lot of the articles like obscure handguns and character bios are not necessary or relevant to new players. There are probably less than 100 important pages to read for people starting out, and they're linked from the New Players Guide and the Creating a Character section.

in reality it is its own setting independent from all other sci-fi settings and adopting other scientific elements as the community sees fit.
I think this is key. Basically, for stuff to fit great in the SARP, it needs to be designed with SARP in mind. This is best accomplished through participation in the RP, which is why people have been nudging Hawk towards hopping in one of the ongoing story plots.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back