• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SACN To the Office of the Empress: Colonization Project Proposal

Toshiro

To: The Office of the Empress Ketsurui Himiko

In our Wars against the Mishhuvurthyar and the Elysians before, we have expanded our borders, amassed a high number of soldiers, and expanded our production capacity to levels which compare to or surpass any level of mobilization in known history. Now that the organization of the Mishhu has fallen apart and left us fighting mere shadows of the forces we have contended with in the past, our ship levels are decreasing and our veterans released after they finish their service or as a consequence of downsizing.

Now we have undeveloped worlds which need to be used, many veterans seeking new homes, and a massive industrial capacity which can only wane from its current high point should we have less need for combat vessels. I have developed a plan, a Colonization Project (https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ka ... on_project) intended to help meet these and various other concerns.

The project revolves around the Anri-class Deep Space Repair Vessel, as well two technologies I have developed.

The Type 30 City Block (https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=type_30_city_block) is a city block design based on technologies and manufactured using practices already in use to develop and repair ships. These are intended to utilize the water table for power, water, and even breathable air if necessary.

They are compartmentalized in subterranean chambers to not only reach the water table, but for various reasons. The utilities and road systems are kept underground, out of the way of attack, there is a single level dedicated to whatever is deemed necessary for the city or the Empire governing it, and every city block is able to network with others to provide redundancy for utility issues.

Should a plague or attack be made, every home or business will have a basement and road access protected by two levels of Yamataium, and the city can actually remove itself from the atmosphere outside by sealing all doors and using hydrolysis and processing on the water table to provide breathable oxygen. It is the intention of this project to allow a city to completely evacuate underground should the city be attacked, without a single being having to leave their home or place of business, and for these people to survive even if every surface building is leveled.

It is true that these city blocks are far more costly than standard ones, but they are modular and easy to maintain internally. With the Yamataium's regenerative capacity, they can also last through geological timescales without falling victim to geological process. It should also be noted that these city blocks will assist us in maintaining the size of our industrial capacity by keeping it high even after the call for warships is reduced, and by using the same production tools and techniques, will also allow us to maintain the infrastructure necessary for shifting back to warships with minimal effort.

The Ayame Layer-class Logistics Ship (https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=st ... yame_layer) is a refitted Ayame, which is capable of transporting the City Blocks from the Anri to the planet's surface, install them, and assist in interconnecting them. These ships, which have recently been decommissioned, can be repaired and rebuilt in this capacity not only to serve this purpose, but to serve as logistics vessels. These ships have a massive cargo capacity, and have been retooled to tow up to 18 Nozomi-sized ships or 12 Plumeria-sized ships, even at FTL speeds.

I am building a prototype of one of the ships, the SS Layer, out of my own pocket as we speak as a proof of concept. It is currently at the shipyards of the YSS Nishitama, orbiting the Samurai Sanctuary. I feel that the use of this ship will close the gap long left open in the Army's fleets: a dedicated large-scale logistics vessel. The fact the Army already has all the parts to make them from decommissioned vessels only makes the transition easier, and cheaper.

In the end, this project is intended a large and sweeping group of primary and secondary goals.

The Primary goals the project is intended to meet are to Renew interest in developing existing colonies; to Create homes for POWs, Veterans, and Colonists; to Standardize city block designs, permitting a large degree of compatibility and ease of training to maintain civic systems; and to make these colonies resistant to attack.

The secondary set of goals this project is designed to meet are to Reuse the otherwise obsolete Ayame, which we have large numbers of now just waiting for harvesting or disassembly; to Create a working Logistics vessel for the Empire; to Create new jobs, to Preserve our Empire's industrial capacity in Peacetime; to Remove utilities, roads, and other eyesores and vulnerabilities from the surface; to provide the populace Defenses against Airborne Contaminants; and the Training of our Officers in management and logistics before sending them out into space managing ships.

While the Type 30 City Block will be public domain, and used by any entity or government free of charge; the Ayame Layer design is to be used solely by the Yamatai Star Empire, the Star Army of Yamatai, and persons or corporations approved for their use (or sale) by the Empress, Mistress Taisho, or Star Army Logistics. I recommend that a standard Taisho or Chujo can permit the loaning and use of no more than 30 Ayame Layer to a person or corporation from their fleets for no longer than 6 months before reviewing the loan.

It is my request and recommendation that the Colonization Project and the attached technologies be adopted by the Empire, and put into practice toward the goals previously named.

Note that I also ask that the prototype vessel SS Layer, built from my own funds, remains my personal possession; but I cede the right to sell the SS Layer to any entity save the Yamatai Star Empire or the Star Army of Yamatai. I am also willing to loan the SS Layer for use by the Empire or Star Army as needed, if given a sensible amount of advance notice or in an emergency situation.

To: The Office of the Empress Ketsurui Himiko

Update: SS Layer has been completed. Requesting permission to initiate trials.

Some of these trails will likely involve the transport of ships and cargo, so I would like to have the SS Layer tentatively assigned to SA Logistics for approximately a week, or at least permitted to work with them, in the role of transporting ships and cargo. This will allow the opportunity to test the ship's systems and its reliability with and without load, including its 18 ship towing capacity. These are things I cannot as easily test privately, and a better alternative than striking a private contract with a private corporation's logistics needs.

During this time, the SS Layer can be crewed by an SAoY crew, and closely obserbed and monitored for consideration in use in the previously proposed Colonization Project.

Should the crew have questions about the vessel, I will be available to answer them.

Permission granted.

-Himiko

RPG-D RPGfix
Back