• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Trade Regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocTomoe

What are the trade regulations between empires? Can Nepleslia have open trade with minor races? Can Yamatai do the same? Or are there certain rules and regulations behind it?

Solution
I don't think trade is very regulated at all at this point, aside from some restrictions on certain dangerous technologies factions don't care to share. Lack of trade laws means it's pretty much wide-open.
Rei said:
Remind me when he was, then ordered to provide them with the technologies from incorperated and recognized governments? Ones that, according to their 'Yamatai like tech level' they should logically have developed before his arrival? ;) When he was ordered to play research consultant for them? Also, you cheapen yourself by adapting my mannerisms in poorly veiled sarcastic jab. Just thought you should know~<3

He was ordered off at this time.

He was never ordered to provide or not provide technologies. Yosef was, in short, exiled. The only condition to his exile was not to badmouth the Star Army or Yamatai. He has maintained this end of the bargain, though no YSA member would know this IC.

And everyone's cheapening everything by letting the OOC drama go like this. I wanted to mix it up with another board that moves slow and maybe have some fun. But IC has been kept strictly that -- IC. Somehow the YSA has figured out about the directed transmission, and they're going to blockade Lor. This COULD, however, be just to ensure the negotiations go over without any problems. It could also show Yamatai is committed to protecting Lor.

OOC, we know better. IC we don't. So we should shut up. The tech requests made sense at the time, and they make sense now. The lack of weaponry was deliberate, IC. It doesn't matter either way.

Let's just let things play out and we'll all see what happens. Alright? We're here because we want to have fun, not bicker and bitch when things don't go our way, right? So I'll be the first to stop bitching and just play.

Anyone who ever leaves any organization that has secrets to keep agrees to non-disclosure. This is Life 101. Well, maybe Life 102. Even if Yosef never signed anything to that effect, he should know ICly that giving away restricted technologies will result in negative consequences to him personally.

He may still break non-disclosure, of course. That's his IC choice.

Yang, Yosef requested massproduced, out of service ships. spesfically ones with their weapon systems stripped. Save the out-of-date fighter. I don't really see where "restricted technology" comes into play with that.

It's restricted from people who have never seen them before >.>
Doshii is right, though. Don't play the entire role-playing game out of character @.@

I'm surprised no one noticed the few ulterior political motives in the blockade aside from having Wes OOCly screw you guys up (which I don't really think was the case).

The blockade was, firstly, planned when Rufus reported to Yui. She offered to put ships there as a show of force and it was no secret she felt inclined to do so. With Rufus gone, Yui pretty much is the one handling the situation and this should come off as no surprise.

Secondly, provided that Yui was aware of Kotori's conversation with Destiny, which is very likely, in all apperance the YSE is playing hosts to the Lorath Loyalty. The Blockade serves as an insurrance that the Ecstasy-class recreational vessel come to retrieve Destiny will be properly watched over while in system and a large complement from the blockade will most likely be lent from the blockade's forces.

If anything, it's a show of respect and high regard that the Lorath would be worth such attention, all the while showing the power the Empire has while also effectively lending a protective umbrella around Lor to make sure no one else interferes. Slightly underhanded? Perhaps, but no less than how Yosef was trying to circumvent Rufus' dictate to 'not screw the Empire in it's back'. So far, it's a politically correct move.

Yui offered to send more ships to help FIGHT the Lorath. True one Sakura would be enough to whipe the planet off the face of the universe, but from what I've seen ground wars seem to still happen.

but no less than how Yosef was trying to circumvent Rufus' dictate to 'not screw the Empire in it's back'. So far, it's a politically correct move.

Rufus said to not bad mouth the empire, where is buying ships badmouthing?

I think it's a no-brainer. Seriously. Having Yosef take the initiative to help the Lorath buy ships from a rival state to the YSE is not going to make him well liked at all.

Furthermore, no. Yui wanted to make a show of force from the onset - Yui never said she was going to twap the Lorath over their heads... that was Rufus.

And they ~are~ going to know Yosef had somehow a hand in it. It's not like the Lorath would have known on their own that Neplesia could have sold them ships or that Neplesia even existed. Of course, Yosef could have been brainwashed, mind controlled, mind read and such... but he has made himself a liability to the YSE... which is far worse than the simple terms Rufus had outlined for him.

It's simple: The YSE doesn't want Lor to have FTL technologies unless they're part of the Empire. The latest political viewpoint is much less tolerant of other nations (excepting Nepleslia, since it's "controlled" and an old buddy); basically it comes down to this: No nation should be capable of presenting a threat to the Yamatai Star Empire.

The Empire's top admirals share this viewpoint and are willing to crush any nation that could possibly threaten the YSE. FTL would make Lor a possible threat, because they could reach the YSE with that tech. Thus, Lor's survival hinges on their joining the empire before they develop FTL drives. Since the YSE would rather have Lor alive than destroyed, they are watching Lor like a hawk to make sure the Lorath don't get FTL drives before the negociations conclude.

Don't the Lorath already have FTL drives? They did make it out of their own starsystem and a good ways in their nebula in the span of 4 years with their exploration vessel.

So, it would seem they do possess FTL drives... just not very good ones. What they defenitely wouldn't have though would be fold systems.

The derail of this thread aside, how does trade regulation work within the current setting? I know we discussed currency translation being based upon value of what the other has to trade (sorta), but this might be a good thing to know. It seems Yamatai is probably not going to be willing to trade unless you work for/with them... so I need to figure out who/what/where the Brolt need to trade once/if they get approved. And how the overall trade might be regulated.

I don't think trade is very regulated at all at this point, aside from some restrictions on certain dangerous technologies factions don't care to share. Lack of trade laws means it's pretty much wide-open.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back