• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

U-1 weapons; gatling laser rifle

Alex Hart

FM of NDC
🎖️ Game Master
Why are these two things contradictory?:
Purpose: Heavy Anti-Mecha/ Light Anti-Ship
Damage: Medium anti-mecha.

"...multiple consecutive shots landing can burn through even ship class shields fairly quickly..."
This needs to be taken off since it is no longer anti-starship with multiple shots.

"... is able to decimate unshielded armored units..." This language is bombastic. I <3 the word decimate, but it should not be in a tech article. Use it in RP but when it needs to be written from a neutral pov, this just doesn't work.

I hate to tell you this, but the entire article is going to need to go back up. You have antimatter plasma weaponry that is very confusing. Plasma is a type of matter but antimatter is... antimatter. So what is antimatter plasma?

OH! I got this one!

Every particle has an anti-particle. Protons and anti-Protons, electrons and anti-electroncs, ect.

So everything you can do with normal matter, you can also do with anti-matter.

If you wanted to make a cheeseburger from anti-matter you could. It would just not be advisable for a person made of normal matter to eat it.

So in this case, Anti-matter plasma is just normal plasma but its made up of anti-matter.

OH! I got this one!

Every particle has an anti-particle. Protons and anti-Protons, electrons and anti-electroncs, ect.

So everything you can do with normal matter, you can also do with anti-matter.

If you wanted to make a cheeseburger from anti-matter you could. It would just not be advisable for a person made of normal matter to eat it.

So in this case, Anti-matter plasma is just normal plasma but its made up of anti-matter.

Where/how did USO obtain the technology required to accomplish this? According to this, Yamatai and the SMX (plus a single mistake that I plan on correcting) are the only factions capable of performing shipboard conversions of matter to antimatter - and with all due respect, @Zack, I'm fairly certain that not even Wazu (with his "magical" ability to design things) or Uso herself could design or construct a converter, let alone design or construct one small enough to cram into a variable fighter.

Furthermore, @Alex Hart and @Zack, you do realize that antimatter weapons cannot be safely used within a planetary atmosphere, right?

SMX? How old is that article?

Not that any of this really applies to the submission.

---

The only super constructive thing I can add is that decimate means a very specific thing and you really shouldn't use the word unless you are reducing something by 1/10th.

What is this, Tau zero? Are we going that into detail? Or can I have this, because oh my god, its really just stupid nitpicking at this point.

You need text underneath both headers:
U-1 Weapons
(ADD TEXT HERE)
More about U-1 Weapons
(ADD TEXT HERE)

Energy Missile Pod:
For purpose you just put "DPurpose:" With no text following.

Shot Cannon:
"Purpose: Medium Anti-Starship
Damage: Tier 9, heavy Anti-Mecha"
These two things are contradictory.

"...to serve as a medium strength anti-ship weapon..."
This is contradictory to its DR value.

Spear and Shield:
Can't use such high-end tech. Nerium isn't sold to just anyone. It's NAM or high-end consumer tech, only. Nepleslia won't allow this to be sold willy-nilly.
"...the technology behind power blades are expensive and as such they’re rarely seen..."

The spear and shield have just one height. I would guess the shield and spear would have different heights (and the shield would have a width of note) based on the picture.

How do you adjust for a weapon with unlimited ammo? Does it get super hot like standard weapons? What happens when it's fired too much?

Last edited:
I only noticed the DPurpose and lengths of the spear and shields one, but I'd like it if you looked over the checklist I gave you and make sure you got them all yourself before I give it another look.

These need to be approved before I can let the Unicorn lift off, Alex. How are you doing with them?

Then please delete the article or move it into a wip namespace with a wip banner.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back