• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[UOC]Camouflage Netting

I'll do a formal review later today, but a few things I saw right off.

What is the power supply for this, how long can it operate.

And its Walkie-talkie not walky-talkies

How does it work? How does it make patterns?

What sizes is it available in?

For example Star Army Comouflage Fabric the fabric uses tiny LEDs to create images/patterns?

;) I had hoped those questions wouldn't be asked, but in fairness they are very valid. I have a general idea about how it works so I'll go ahead and write them up. Thanks Nashoba.

On the spelling note, it figures I got it wrong. I should probably indicate hand radios instead of walkie-talkie, it's probably copyright somehow.

I'll add in all the information you requested :)

The netting is composed of strips of a synthetic fabric that changes color when an electrical current is applied. To prevent fabric from changing color unintentionally or while in the field it is coated with a non-conducive substance.

Wouldn't that mean that you would see the non-conductive substance (or the glare/reflection of the substance) instead of the color changing stuff underneath?

Not necessarily, it could be a clear substance that is partially absorbed in the space between the strands of fabric. To be honest it'd probably be no different than water-proofing something. You don't see the glare from that.

This review ihttps://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=u ... ox:netting]Camouflage Netting[/url]

The submitted article is/has…
[x] A general topic sentence under the title header
[na] Artwork (illustrations are strongly encouraged for all spacecraft and handheld items)
[x] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[x] In the proper format/template
[x] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[x] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[x] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[x] No red and/or broken links
[-] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[x] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[x] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[x] Obtusely redundant
[x] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[x] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[x] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[x] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[x] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[x] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[x] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[-] Lacking Detail
[x] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)

The article has…
[na] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[na] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[x] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[na] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary
Note here if any serious issues are present. These are the issues that will hold up approval.
** Short description of the issue. If a longer explanation is needed, put it in Notes.

Notes
This field is for any extra description needed for the issues stated above or (as the name suggests) and additional notes you wish to state in the record regarding the item.

The fabric changes color when a current is run through it, so if there is no current, the fabric should revert back to its normal state. So how does it keep the color without something to maintain the desired state?

I have a problem with
The netting normally comes in a light green camouflage pattern and can be ordered in any size.

Something like this should some in standard sizes its not like you can custom order when in the field.

I intend to finish this review by: Complete

It doesn't require a constant electric current to maintain the color. What happens is you run the current through it, the current causes the fabric to permanently change colors. Want to change them again? Run more current through the fabric. That's why you need to shield the fabric from external electrical current.

As for standard sizes, I'm going to be honest. I left it out because I don't know squat about sizing for camouflage netting. It'd make sense that you could order whatever size you need. Of course, you're right in the field you've got what you're given.

Okay, with regards to the color factor, please add that to the description of how it works.

As for sizes, a search of some surplus shops show these kinds of sizes

15' x 15'
30' hexagonal
10' x 20'

Pretty much sizes reflect what you plan to throw it over.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back