• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Using the Mindy and the NH-33 Body to Their Maximum Potential

Immortal Cyan

The Cyan Neko
So, I’ve been trying to re-commit to memory some of the details of the Mindy article since I returned to the site a couple of days ago. I made a thread similar to this one about 3 years ago, where I inquired regarding the capabilities of the Mindy armor. While I learned a lot about the armor from that thread, I still am a bit lacking in my understanding of the armor and its capabilities in the hands of a typical NH-33 pilot. Specifically, I’m looking to learn how I can utilize the advanced systems of the Mindy (CFS, AIES, and Photonics Array) and the capabilities of the NH-33 body to write the armor creatively and with maximum combat effectiveness. To that end, I listed a couple of theoretical combat scenarios below, in order to find out how a skilled NH-33 Mindy pilot would deal with them:

1. An NH-33-piloted Mindy and an NH-33-piloted Hayabusa Ke-V6-2A are in deep space. How does the Mindy pilot win? What techniques can the Mindy pilot employ? What type of dangers does the Hayabusa pose?
2. An NH-33-piloted Mindy and an NH-33-piloted Ke-M6 2A Daisy are on a planet. How does the Mindy pilot win?
3. An NH-33-piloted Mindy and an NH-33 piloted-Kirie are in deep space. How does the Mindy pilot win? What techniques can the Mindy pilot employ? What types of dangers does the Kirie pose?
4. An NH-33-piloted Mindy and a Bulldog MBT are on a planet. How does the Mindy pilot win? What types of dangers does the Bulldog pose?
5. An NH-33-piloted Mindy and a Raevr VANDR are in deep space. How does the Mindy pilot win?

I’ve heard that a good Mindy pilot can beat starfighters, mecha, and large power armors, but I’m not sure how I would write the Mindy in a creative/effective enough manner to make this happen. Some day, I’d love to do this kind of thing with one of my own characters!

Thanks in Advance! Any and all responses are appreciated. 😁 ;)

I think that any gatekeeping or saying "No one should listen to you because you haven't been here as long as me" is counterproductive to this entire discussion.

I think that tanks are less mobile and that Power Armor are meant to employ team tactics more effectively. It would depend on the situation whether a Mindy or a tank would win one-on-one, even if ignoring the 'tank with the barrier' strategy which is admittedly not ideal. A Mindy has enough stealth capability to get off the first shot in most cases, potentially to get a crippling hit in on the tank's propulsion and leave it stranded or to take out the flak cannon.

If the Mindy fails to do so, then they have to keep and moving hope their maneuverability/teammates/air support can save them or that they get another hit in before the enemy can get the Mindy in their crosshairs. Then you get into firing arc/spread analysis and all that complex stuff that may or may not impact a given scenario depending on terrain.

Is the tank a threat one-on-one? It can be. The answer, I suppose, is "it depends".

Last edited:
While I’m loath to post specifically on tanks, it’s pretty obvious why power armor will always have the advantage: a soldier can 😆 literally stand 😅 next to a tank 🤣 and be completely immune to any retaliation 😂

Tanks are slow, especially as the terrain gets tougher. The only thing a Mindy has to do is walk up (not even quickly) using cover and stand where none of any tank’s weapons can aim whilst blasting the tank to death. Mobility, firing arcs, and line-of-sight are tough.

Can we keep on topic of what cyan was asking instead of the back and forth between the "lol tanks are lame, hurr hurr" and the "Ahktually!" communities (of which i fall into the latter)?
The topic has been done to death and never makes any progress because:

The majority of people in this community, Including its creator, Dont like armored combat and are in favor of PA and are biased in that favor.

People with an actual grasp of symetrical warfare will always be ignored because "lol its future scifi" and if you argue that until you are blue in the face all you'll end up with are 10,000 posts against you going "Lol its future scifi" and a headache.

For OOC reasons PA can and will beat everything because its what the community and its founders want and trying to go against that grain is a losing battle.

If you want tanks to beat PA then write them that way in RP or design them that way in the articles with defenses or armaments made to counter PA.

This isnt a thread for that topic. If you want a thread for that topic make one and dont hijack other peoples threads...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back