• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill Vacation on Lor

Kairi finally shrugged and said, "Oh, we'll just be needing it temporarily... It wouldn't degrade in value or anything, either." As an afterthought, she added: "I'd like an offworlder room, please. I'm a bit tired, and I just want something that I'm familiar with."

"Well then, you can use it. But that is for the morning." Ken said, yawning. "I could use some sleep." he said, smiling wearily, as if he hadn't slept well in weeks.

Toshiro blinked as his communicator went off...he had a text message.

"It looks like Lain and Reis were listening in via the communicator system...Lain says they'll sleep on the ship and avoid getting our hosts' sheets dirty, and Reis added...some sort of analogy about rabbits. I don't get it, but that's everybody's sleeping arrangements at least."

Shaun put his face to the palm of his hand at hearing the rabbit comment "Oh great....I'm going to have to listen to those two do the pillow tango while working?"

Shaun lifed his head and looked at Toshiro for a moment before sighing and speaking "Ah well I guess we should probably head on out....you try not to get yourselves killed on that gem hunt"

Toshiro nodded, smiling and ready to go.

"Oh, and Shaun, while we're out....would you mind taking the stasis pod we found Serenity in and install a simple docking station for it in the medbay? It would just be power, interface, and maybe a few retaining brackets. I still want to be able to move it on its internal battery however to transport the injured in it if possible, should an emergency occur.

There's no need to waste the pod, and it could prove useful in the future."

Shaun nodded "Yeah that shouldn't be too tough. I'll make sure to do that before starting on Eve. Otherwise I'd probably get too wrapped up helping her and forget."

Obelisk blinked down at the captain, wondering how he could be so oblivious. With a small laugh at the comment she just shook her head as the door to the transport opened up. The vehicle was just as tall as Obelisk was, so it towered overtop of the others, yet was low enough that they could simply step in.

Inside of the vehicle was spacious and rather cozy surprisingly, compared to the ouside. Nice cushioned seats that were a little high up lined all the walls save for where the door was, and a veiw port to speak with the driver, as well as a ring of windows a few feet above the seats. It was kinda nice inside. In the middle of the vehicle was a small opening where maybe a table could be placed or something. Regardless, it was still a nice tank.

Serenity after a while had squirmed her way back to Toshiro's side, clinging to his arm as she watched the ground. It seemed the Helashio had made up her mind who she was to spend the night with. With a whimper she clung to Toshiro a bit tighter.

Toshiro was quite impressed with the transport, looking around until he felt someone grasp his arm and whimper...realizing her decision, Toshiro patted Serenity gently on the head.

~Happy visit home to be you are?~

The doctor just arched a brow at the interior of the tank before stepping inside. After taking a moment to observe the inside, Remi chose a sit, and sat down crossing her legs at the ankles. Her hands in her lap, the doctor just looked to her comrades politely for a moment, before looking about the tank again.

The seats were a black color to blend with the coloring of the rest of the tank, a red trim around the cushions of the seats. There wasn't much else to look at in the tank. As Obelisk took her seat she seemed just perfect for the transport as she peered around at the others.

"The trip should not be more then a half an hour. We have a driver who likes to go fast." As she waited for the last of the crew to get in, she knocked on the window. "When I say, we are headed to the royal palace. They are a little tired so please hurry?"

Serenity in the mean time had stuffed herself somewhat behind Toshiro, pressing herself into him as if she wished to meld herself into him. She seemed scared of Obelisk, or maybe simply what she stood for.

Obelisk sighed a little as she watched Serenity, trying to seem nice and peaceful. In honesty she hated people thinking her intimidating. She simply wished people to like her, yet know when she meant buisness to listen in. With a sigh she shook her head a little before looking around.

"So, while we are en route, do you wish to ask any questions?"

Remi seemed quite at ease as she sat there. The Fyuunen princess was not so much as making her twitch, or show any signs of distress, or worry. The doctor just sat there polite as could be. She even wore a small serene smile. At Obelisk's offer of questions, Remi tilted her head to the side a little in thought.

"I have one, what would you suggest a newcomer would wish to try in way of Lorath cuisine, or rather what would you suggest?"

While it was not entirely a serious question, more of an icebreaker, it did hold some seriousness, and curiousity behind it.

"Also...I am interested in obtaining musical data and samples for the two crewmen not with us. They are high-level music artists in our society, though I do not know if you like Yamataian music or not...their style is a bit...assertive, from what I understand."

Toshiro stated, looking at the tank, Serenity, his host, and the datapad with the QnS and Lorath designs on it...he allowed Serenity to do as she wished, seeing her fear...

With a small whimper Serenity clung herself to Toshiro, shaking still as she tried to keep out of the notice of Obelisk.

The taller woman let out a sigh as she looked out a window, watching as the great city soon loomed up in veiw. A tower shot up above the other buidings, the royal palace. With a small sigh Obelisk looked to the tower longingly, wishing she could get back to it and simply train with Fate. That was really when she was her happiest, when she was making Fate proud. The woman had been her mother as long as she remembered, her real mother killed in a battle to take back the surface.

"I can have some samples ready for you as soon as I send you Serenity's dosier. I have heard some of your music, and we have something that is similar to it. I must admit my own singing is not that great...but there is a small group within my house who have wonderful voices."

Serenity smiled lightly as she remembered the trio singing for a small concert within the house. It had been a wonderful night, the three girls with voices like Sirens had enthralled more then one Fyunnen that night.

"The Llamnel are very good as well, thier bond to thier animals allowing them to steal a bit of thier musical talents. The Occhestans seem to cater more to your...'Techno' style. There are some within my own house that also play something akin to your 'Rock' music. Which would you like?"

"Well...a sample of all the styles would be nice. I am curious myself, you see...Serenity, are you okay? You're squeezing...quite hard..."

Toshiro looked to Serenity, worried...

"Hey...some of your techno and rock type music would be appreciated. My cousin just started on a new ship, and doesn't have much to listen to when he's off duty." Ken said, smiling gently.

The doctor's head tilted down, her eyes closed. Seemed she had fallen asleep. After all, she'd had a trying time coming to the Lor System.

Obelisk closed her eyes for a moment as she recieved a message. With a drawn out sigh, she reopened her eyes to peer down at the others. With a tap on the driver's shoulder, the vehicle came to a slow stop, turned about, and began to head back to the landing strip.

"A shame it must come to this...but for now we must ask for you to leave. It is not out of anger nor spite, simply...we are in a bit of trouble, and we need to leave..."

Deciding it best to simply show the group of why, rather then explain it to them, Obelisk sent them the planet wide message from the Xiaah, explaining the current situation.

"As you can see, a planet wide evacuation has been called about, along with trying matters with the former Occhestan house hold. Like I said...A shame we must cut your visit short...but when Lor is safe again and we are able to return, you will be more then welcome to return."

Obelisk nodded lightly and sighed again as she watched the landing pad grow in size now.

Toshiro sighed, as he scratched Serenity's head...

"I guess it can't be helped...well, thank you anyway, Princess, I understand."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back