• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

DR Update Only W2906 Shoulder-fired Missile Pod DR Change

Rizzo

Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
W2906 Shoulder-fired Missile Pod Link
Type 41 Mini-missiles Link

My argument for this is that the Type 41 mini-missiles top out at T6 while the W2906 tops out at T7, but the W2906 fires Star Army mini-missiles. I believe this to be an error that occurred during the update to DRv3.
Suggested solution, update the article to list the Type 41 munitions and DR with minimal modification to the article for simplicity.

I don't think it was in error. The shoulder-fired missile pod should be able to take out small enemy mecha in its description and tier 7 does that. These two mini-missiles simply have different utility than one another.

At the time this was originally written, the term "mecha" also seems to have included power armor, (For example, the M4 Sylph, also written in 2006/ YE29 ). Given this, I think that barring having the original article author to ask it's probably likely that "small enemy mecha" might have meant something like power armor in scale. This definitely seems like a question for @Wes to tackle given how far back it reaches.

I think I've opened this post about 8 times on my passes through the NTSE. It has been unresolved since May 13th.

I personally don't care either way, but that is because I do not use DR in my plots. Both sides of this argument has a good point; on one hand I think it is trivial that the YE 29 mini-missile has a DR of 7 and the Type 41 has a DR of 6. On the other hand it would also make sense if they matched. I will tag @Wes here as that he will have to make the final determination on this.

I'd finally had time to sit down and look at this and basically:
  • Current SARP standards are that weapons that launch projectiles should have their ammunition on its own page (this is so multiple weapons can use them)
  • The Type 41 Mini-Missiles are the only detailed missiles available for the Star Army of Yamatai
  • The struct damage on the page is questionable because the actual page doesn't list DR Tier so there's no authoritative source for it. Struct data must match and be sourced from the data on the page (e.g. if struct says the character's eyes are blue and the page doesn't, then the struct is "wrong," since the page is the source of truth).
  • The missile launcher clearly fires mini-missiles as it can hold and fire 20 at once (!) and the oldest revisions use the term mini-missile.
  • No ammunition page exists for the Ke-M2-W2906-MSAP
  • However, the very similar Mindy Leg pods have 20 Ke-M2-W2908 mini-missiles and those are Tier 6 and they can also fire the Type 41 Mini Missiles.
  • There essentially seems to be no difference between the W2906 and W2908 type mini-missiles.
  • The Type 41 missiles have a max DR of Tier 6 as well.
  • Pretty sure I'm the author of both the leg and shoulder pod articles! Standards were lower back then lol. These were basically forked out from the older Mindy articles, which is why they're so sparse.
In view of all this research I did, it seems clear that:
  • The Ke-M2-W2906-MSAP mini-missiles are supposed to be Tier 6, not Tier 7
  • The Type 41 Mini-missiles are designed to be backward compatible with the
    • Ke-M2-W2906 Shoulder Launchers
    • Ke-M2-W2908 Leg Launchers
  • We should add a link to the Type 41 Mini-Missiles to the Ke-M2-W2906 Shoulder Launcher page
I hope it seems obvious to everyone with all the data listed above. I had to look at a lot of pages lol. Good catch @Rizzo. Can you make the updates, please? I can help if needed but my hands are pretty full.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back