• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Waste Villages

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
I found this slideshow today I thought was pretty interesting: China's Electronic Waste Village

In the SARPiverse, there's got to be places like there where all the junk ends up. I know one of the is UX-12 and another is Yicuqibu I.

Can you think of anymore? What about for other factions?

Last edited:
The Hidden Sun Clan have a planet in their system, Wunyaka they have two sites on it, one is for stuff they can use, and another place where stuff they can't use is stored.

Malaise could be a possible site for Nepleslians. E-waste could be dismatled in the low-income cities by families and sold to the SMDION manufacturing plants as materials.

Here's an interesting video from TED.
Robin Nagle: What I discovered in New York City trash

New York City residents produce 11,000 tons of garbage every day. Every day! This astonishing statistic is just one of the reasons Robin Nagle started a research project with the city's Department of Sanitation. She walked the routes, operated mechanical brooms, even drove a garbage truck herself--all so she could answer a simple-sounding but complicated question: who cleans up after us?afeeds_feedburner_com__r_TedtalksHD__4_vhMy5ewhnOc_.gif

See the video

1. What are your thoughts on this?

2. How can we relate this to the Star Army universe?

I think in SARP, we have robots who can handle trash collection duties on most planets. Trash recycling is probably fairly efficient where it exists, and in Yamatai aether power provides the free energy needed to make it feasible, cost-wise. Of course with starships being so common, trash could be dumped somewhere just as easily, like an uninhabitable planet.

From an RP standpoint, trash-worlds can be a fun adventuring site and eventually archeological treasure troves.

I believe the Sweds have developed a Trash to Energy program so efficient, that other European countries are actually paying them to take their garbage.

They literally ran out of trash. SWEDEN RAN OUT OF TRASH! Guys, why hasn't Sweden given us this technology?

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/recycling/blogs/sweden-runs-out-of-garbage-forced-to-import-from-norway

Seriously... That is hilarious! No more landfills guys! We could turn them into useful things! Like the Swedish Farming Skyscraper

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...uses-city-centres-herald-new-age-farming.html

RPG-D RPGfix
Back