• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Character Watoyo Kimi, The Problem

Alex

Inactive Member
Name: Watoyo Kimi

General Information
Species: NH-17

Family/Creators:
Body Manufacturer - Ketsurui Zaibatsu

Faction: ---
Current Assignment: ---

Physical Characteristics
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 116lbs

Build and Skin Color: Medium build, white. Being incapable of obesity due to the overuse of alcohol, she's just as attractive as any other NH model.
Face and Eye Color: Her eyes are green, and she normally looks somewhat listless, though she occassionally brightens up.
Hair color and Style: Her hair is black, but it is obvious that she does not pay it the care that most NH models (or most actual women, for that matter) do. Although it is as long as the hair of most NH models, she appears to be a near-permant bedhead.

Distinguishing Features: 'Veritas vos liberabit' tattood in black upon her left, upper arm.

Psychological Characteristics
Personality: Kimi is not a normal NH model. First off, she was not 'manufactured' by KZ originally, but her memories and knowledge was transferred from an officer on active duty in the Star Army of Yamatai. Even so, you would easily think that something went horribly wrong. Kimi is focused when nessessary, but loud-mouthed and beligerant most of the time - especially when intoxicated. If she were not in the military, there is no question that her entire life would go to pot rather quickly. On the other hand, she is not as outgoing as most NH models either, and does not tend to wear skin tight or over-revealing clothing if she can help it. In fact, the Star Army uniforms particularly piss her off, and half the time she doesn't even wear a uniform, which has given her a long, drawn-out history of making superior officers very, very angry.

Her record is speckled with accounts of being intoxicated while on the job and general horrible conduct. It seems she devotes more brain power to bending rules than obeying them. Really, though, when people are able to get into her confidence, a newer, shyer side is lain bare. Apparently dealing with some deep inner conflict which the writer has purposely kept hidden from you, the reader, Juri - while wild in public - calms down in front of her friends, and talks glibly when both sad and drunk (at the same time.) Most of the time you've got this 'Happy drunk' thing going on, but when she's sad - yea, guess what, she's a SAD DRUNK. Deep inner conflict. Go on, I dare you to figure out the deep inner conflict! She also isn't above swearing at officers behind their backs after being yelled at by said officers. Hangovers hurt, after all, and she therefore needs a bit of sympathy.

Must I bold it?

KIMI HAS DICIPLINE PROBLEMS!

Most likely, this stems from who she originally was. After all, if she had been given all that NH training by some fancy-ass company, she'd be wearing mesh stockings, bikini bottoms, and liking it. She'd also be tan, drop-dead smexy, (well, she *is*, she just doesn't take much care of herself,) and a generally normal NH-17.

Well, she's not. Get over it.

Likes: Alcohol, Messing around with buddies, cards, mecha. Mecha? Mecha! MECHA!
Dislikes: Being made fun of or disrespected, smart-asses, overly tight clothing, (Snug? Snug is fine. Just where do you draw the line, though...?)
Goals: Although most NH models are aggressive when reaching goals, Juri has never actually declared a goal for herself. Essentially without a defined purpose to her life, her only livelihood seems to be drinking mecha while piloting alcohol. And making spoonerisms for the author's amusement.

But seriously. Most of her goals are scribbled on sticky notes and stuck to a wall as close as she can get them. She then proceeds to toss a dart, and that's what she goes after for the next... month? Year? How about the time it takes for her to get a cup of expresso?

History

Ever since this NH model was activated, it has been causing trouble either directly or inadvertantly. Active for seven years, the model's intelligence was not based off of a regular training program - the memories and experiances of an officer who had been injured in an eventually fatal accedent were used, prior to the client's last wishes, and the training built off there.

The only problem seems to be that the client has failed to mentally adapt to the way that the NH model has forever been used and treated, and to some of the training programs that the NH are subjected to originally. The biggest gripe that she seems to have is that the NH models are far too widely viewed as easy conquests, though this has proven true time and time again. However, when offered to convert to a Yamataian body, she refused. There is nothing that compare with the raw prowess of the NH model! The lack of punishment for screwing around is, in her case, a somewhat lesser purpose. Who'd want to sleep with the crazy one when there are all those other smexy NH's out there, anyway?

Don't answer that, fool! YOU RUINED IT! *Cough* Anyway...

If there is one thing that Kimi *does* do right, it is piloting mecha. She is supurb. Although she has purposely kept the client whose memory, personality, and reasoning she carries a complete and total secret, you can be sure of one thing: whoever it was, they loved Mecha. 'I've always wanted to do this!' she stated when introducted to the mech combat units, and she has so far taken to them like a fish to water. She also seems to take an interst in the mecha that have been developed to try and rivel the Mindy. Perhaps the unfortunate person whose personality she inherited had been stuck behind a desk, and is now realizing a few less organized dreams.

In fact, that seems to be her soul purpose in the Star Army: Piloting Mecha. Otherwise she's pretty obnoxious, and the only thing keeping her job afloat is her zeal for it. She'll probably be fired when she gets up in rank, but she would do just about anything to avoid being downgraded to a Yamataian, which would make piloting power armor somewhat harder. To be perfectly frank, this might be the only handle that anyone actually has on her. Piloting mecha seems to be her soul love in life.

Skills:

Communication: She is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from others through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. She is fluent in english and japanese, as well telepathical communication. She can speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, scribble her name on desks, walls, and produce colorful and expressive graffiti aimed at undermining the last person who ordered her back in uniform.
Fighting and Physical: She basically came 'fully functional' out of the box, but they forced her to undergo a rigorous training program to prove it and adapt her to her body. She is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons she is trained in include energy pistols, energy rifles, grenades, knives, and power armor. She has somewhat of an over-affinity for violence. Why deal with it when you can kick its head in?
Information Technology: She is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. She is proficient in entering and/or searching for information, but her first impulse when dealing with a beligerant system is to hit it. Sometimes it is better not to let her around the controls for too long.
Mathematics: She received basic mathematics training, including algebra and trigonometry. To be frank, however, math frustrates her and she refuses to think about it, unless directly ordered to.
Knowlege: She received rigorous training in the law and in its basic workings and theory, and remembers most of them well enough to shatter them like fine china off the top of a seventy-story high-rise.
Leadership: On training simulations, Juri successfully led a squadron of similer NH models (Similer in class, not in personality,) in various sortes and combat situations. Judging by her scores, she is a possible candidate for a leadership position. Certain actions, however, hint at a deeper understanding of tactics and management that perhaps reflects on her previous 'life'. Most people just assume she cheated. At any rate, nobody in their right mind would give her a position in leadership, would they?
Vehicles: She is proficient with most civilian transportation methods, including cars, motercycles and non-commercial trucks, and has a steadily growing history of traffic tickets that she sticks on the ceiling of her apartment. Some of this is arranged artistically: For instance, some of the tickets are arranged in smiley faces and circles. She is currently constructing an impromptu rendition of a certain starship, though the name is oddly missing from her memory.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This profile breaks the fourth wall too much for my tastes.

I think it detracts from the character itself.

Actually, now that I think about it, her discipline problems are so well laid out that it actually makes me dislike the character.

Good job? Bad job? Who the hell knows. It's creative, that's for sure.

One thing I don't buy is how she ended up in a Neko body over a Yamatain body if she hated it so much. I just don't buy the explanation.

I'd think her rebellious dislike of the "easyness" embodies her personality stronger than some perk about better combat ability.

People with discipline problems in the military do not make good leaders, or candidates for those positions.

I'll take another pass when I'm less tired, but I agree with Tom.

Also, there are far too many postulatives for my taste here, as if she'll be handed a comission or something @_@

You can always edit something once she grows older, or things happen to her.

I like it a lot, but it doesn't seem like a character that could go anywhere but down... hell, there's a few difficult people out in the SA universe, but they all tend to go a) insane b) missing or c) cold and dead pretty quickly >.>

Proudly having the absolute most characters under category "A".

But this one presses it a lot. For a lot of reasons;
One thing I don't buy is how she ended up in a Neko body over a Yamatain body if she hated it so much. I just don't buy the explanation.

Agreed;
Yamataians can serve in the Star Army; and can pilot mecha and power armors.

I dont even see what would make it so much more difficult to pilot mechas about being Yamataian.

All very good reasons!

This could also reflect the fact that I was half-crazed myself when I wrote it.

I will take the idea that I've gotten someone to hate my character already as a compliment; obviously, I've accomplished a purpose!

But; I havn't been on this board in a *long* time, and it's partially my fault for giving a cursory glance over this before posting it. I had meant to further refine it, but when I posted it up it was already time for me to turn in, so I simply plopped off to sleep around 10 or so.

YES!

I'm glad I had so many comments so quickly, first of all. There are a few fruity things on this profile that I had meant to change from the beginning. To me, it didn't flow too well, and I was going to take out some of the bad, tasteless sarcasm. (On my part, not on hers.) I skimmed over it after I posted it, but, once again, I was forced off the computer by my parent's occupation of their room.

Drat.

Anyway, I appreciate all of the comments (good and bad) that you've taken the time to put forward. I'll look at them individually and all together: In a word, I will take them all into consideration as valid points (which is what they are anyway.)

I will further edit this character,
-M.

P.S. The love of Mecha is one of the only things tieing her to anything militarily. It's a safeguard that I have thrown in to keep her in the military: For instance, were she to be threatened and her job/hobby was on the line, she'd straighten up quick (if only for a little while.)

Right. Going to go to work now.
-M.

Must I bold it?

KIMI HAS DICIPLINE PROBLEMS!
Character NOT approved. The Star Army is a professional organization; it doesn't tolerate delinquents. There are way too many Nekovalkyrjas left over from the war fleets that are fighting for these jobs to justify using them instead of some pilot who doesn't know how to act.

Aye, sir.

I suppose this concept is a no-go, then.

I'll come up with a better character eventually.

Better yet, I'll rework this one so that she's not so much of a problem. I ought to have this done in a couple of days.

Good to see you again, though, Wes.

Anyway...

TOPIC OFFICIALLY...

errr...

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I like the character, it's just she wouldn't make it in the Star Army, lol.

Where have you been, man?

Well, I'd like to say it's good to be back, but I'm always pressed for time these days. I'm glad to hear that you arn't actually against the character concept, just her working for the Star Army. I can understand this easily! And it lessens the blow my pride took. o_O;

Anyway, yea. I havn't actually changed anything about her yet.

But! Anyway!

I've been on mostly fantasy boards. You could say that this fururistic fantasy is somewhat out of my league, the fact being that it's not what I normally enjoy writing about, but this little she-devil was growing up in the back of my head. Basically, she's the little evil voice inside my head that wants me to sort of go crazy. I mean, she's got an obsession with something expensive, (computer gaming,) she's got the whole 'I don't give a damn' attitude, (guess who?) she's got that whole attitude going on with the promiscuity of her peers... yea. Definately that bad crazy voice in the back of my head!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! *Evil laughter*

... How did I get on that topic, anyway?

Sure. Came back because I had that concept character stashed away.

Would it be all right if she were a civilian, or would she have to downgrade for that?

Where have you been, Alex?

Maybe we need to send a "We miss you" email to this player? Bio seems abandoned.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back