• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Way Back When Week (Nov 25-Dec 1)

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Here's a great idea I found on the Ongoing Worlds roleplaying blog:

Way Back When Week is a week event where writers and roleplayers are encouraged to write a story depicting their characters ancestors, and the similarities and differences between past and present.

This will be a good exercise to get inside your character’s past and see their ancestors, and perhaps show where they got that certain personality trait, or where they got their interests from. Did their ancestors share a certain genetic trait, or perhaps an important ability. If you’re not familiar with thinking in such detail about your character’s history, give this a go, it’s only for a week! If you’re used to exploring your character’s past, you might have some ideas already, here’s your excuse to write it!

Way Back When Week will take place between the 25th of November – 1st of December.
This could be a good way to plant some seeds in the timeline and help develop both your characters' history and SARP history in general. If you have a character with no ancestors (like a first-life neko) maybe you could make up a notable historic character.

Submit your historic creations, characters, and stories via the NTSE and then link the approved ones in this thread so we can find them. We'll use a poll to vote on the winner on December 2nd and the winner will get art of their creation.

Is that really "Way back when? " I think the idea is to look at previous generations rather than recent events.

Way Back When Week is getting closer!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back