Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Weasel's Introductory Thread

Weasel365

Inactive Member
🔰 New Member
What do you call yourself?
Hello! My real name is Colin, but I would prefer if you call me Weasel instead. Though admittedly I'll respond to either.

How'd you find Star Army?
I was introduced to Star Army by Crystal, after asking about the art for her character that she had been showing me.

What interested you in joining?
I became interested mostly due to the fact that I've never heard of forum RP before and this one specifically seemed very intensely fleshed out so i decided i should give it a try.

Ever done this text-based role-playing thing before?
I have done text based RP before but never on a forum. so that part is going to be new for me

Any previous experiences you want to share?
nothing worth noting at this moment. though I'm sure if I'm asked for something a bit specific I wouldn't mind sharing.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters?
    I prefer playing male characters simply because I am a male and putting myself in a feminine head space is something I struggle to do

• Spontaneous or planned RP?
    I don't know if I have preference to either spontaneous or planned RP simply because I've never really heard those terms before

• Military or civilian characters?
    I would think that because of my preference for combat oriented RP I feel like I'm going to have a preference for military characters.

• Humans, androids, anthropoids, or aliens?
    As boring as it is going to sound, I do prefer playing as human characters at least for my first character, if another species or so sparks my interest I might give them a shot.

• Being on a star-ship or being on a planet?
    I have no preference to either being on a star ship or on a planet, as long as the pull of the RP interests me I'll be fine with whatever setting it might be in

• Role-play via forum posts or in real-time?
    I want to try and attempt forum posting but I'm not against real-time.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 3
  • Violence: 3
  • Sexuality: 3
What's something cool you'd love to RP?

Some sort of survival RP from a crash landing on a hostile primitive planet.

Last edited:
LET ME BE THE FIRST BUT NOT LAST TO SAY:

Welcome! :D

Spontaneous RP is probably referring to something without a GM. I've done it where I am writing with another based on a loose plot concept we have decided on. It's pretty fun but not something that happens a lot!

As Ame said, she won't be the last.

Welcome to the site, Weasel. I hope you'll have a great time here. Don't be afraid to ask anyone anything via DMs or Discord ^^

RPG-D RPGfix
Back