Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

What are some things a new Yamataian should know?

Kai

Retired Staff
Inactive Member
openget Post subject: What are some things that a newly assigned yamatain should kPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:14 pm

Ran out of space with the subject. I'm specifically talking about a Yamataian in Combat arms. Besides power armor piloting and all of that stuff, what are some ships/people that they should already know of?

kai Post subject: Re: What are some things that a newly assigned yamatain should kPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:37 pm

they could easily know nothing, like being someone who never ays much attention to news.. Though I do believe most yams know of Chiharu, Yui, Hanako, the Sakura and things like that.

Soldier Side Post subject: Re: What are some things that a newly assigned yamatain should kPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:39 pm

Yeah, when I had my Yamataian character (who died with the Yūgumo... *sigh*), he didn't know anyone, so it is alright if you don't recognize them. ^_^

Zakalwe Post subject: Re: What are some things that a newly assigned yamatain should kPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:19 am

General advice - bow. Bow to everyone.

I've seen characters getting slapped around for not bowing sufficiently. Also always be formal until explicitly told otherwise.

Try to keep the being slapped to a minimum.

openget Post subject: Re: What are some things that a newly assigned yamatain should kPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:09 pm

lol, reminds me of gundam...thanks for the advice

osakanone Post subject: Re: What are some things that a newly assigned yamatain should kPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:26 am

Pay attention, respect those above you and above all, don't weeaboo it up.

Also remember that you can telepathically communicate with any IES computer, Yamataian, or Neko within 1 KM.

Yamataians also have slightly stronger bodies (like optimized humans), and can hover at slow speeds for short periods of time.

They can also heal from injuries quickly, to a degree. A Neko, however, is far superior in all respects mentioned here.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back