• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

What do you spend $$$ on?

With K getting a new and much better paying job soon, we're unsure what to do with the extra income.

W has a fund for him that we maintain and gets help from grandparents and great-grandma. We still have our emergency layoff fund ... had that for so many years now. Our fun fund slowly grows, but is smaller than the others by design.

We maintain our simple array of bills. We pay extra in taxes and get it back later for use as an extra few mortgage payments. We keep up our cars. I try to spoil her now and then.

Coffee is our vice, though now she has to wear professional dress instead of sweats and hoodies.

We'll be giving K's mom, who is a kind of live-in sitter and occasional housekeeper, a good raise. More money will go to W's fund.

... I'm not very good at this.

I try to make things last. Textiles get repaired instead of replaced. Keep the firearms clean and oiled. Sharpen my own knives, fix our own yard. Repair what I can. So on.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back