• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

What do you think of the Star Army's Coveralls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
In YE 36 the Star Army of Yamatai created one of its most simple and "modern" looking uniforms: The Type 36 Coverall. Essentially stolen from the NMX, who had adopted a classic design for their navy Nekovalkyrja, the Type 36 was similar to the coveralls the Star Army used to use before it had the current iconic look of the regal blue and cadet blue-gray uniforms. It's primarily used by people working on vehicles (e.g. motor pool mechanics, starship engineers) and by the Star Army Rikugun because it's a decent field uniform. It's one of the Star Army's few green uniforms. It's got a lot of IC factors going for it such as low cost, but on the other hand, it was kind of a stopgap measure and now the Field Uniform Type 37 exists for the Rikugun and I haven't really seen too much art using the coveralls (there's maybe 3 total?).

So what do you guys think? Should we reauthorize it until YE 51 for use as needed (perhaps even as a wartime measure with the Third Mishhu War happening?), or should we streamline the list of uniforms and leave it in the past?

Solution
I think it is cool and have had greasemonkey characters (armorers, engineers) and others in work duty situations wear it on several occasions. I liked the Type 31 Working Uniform for similar duties and its iconic Star Army aesthetics, but honestly think the stolen Mishhu coveralls are logically a better garment for the purpose.
I think it is cool and have had greasemonkey characters (armorers, engineers) and others in work duty situations wear it on several occasions. I liked the Type 31 Working Uniform for similar duties and its iconic Star Army aesthetics, but honestly think the stolen Mishhu coveralls are logically a better garment for the purpose.

Solution
Based on feedback the coveralls (Type 36) are now reauthorized until at least YE 51.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back