• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

What in the hell is going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derran Tyler

Inactive Member
What was the purpose of banning Zack and Thad? You basically told them 'what's happening to your city doesn't matter because the tsunami was worse' and are surprised and punishing them for snapping back at you? C'mon, now dawg, you're more reasonable than that. Take your finger off the ban trigger for a second and mellow the hell out.

I mean, yeah, I know you don't like those two because they don't jock your nuts as much as you'd like, but be real, man. Banning them, while it may be your perrogative, is uncalled for in this case, and you know it. If you're banning them because you don't like them, then just say that and stick to it.

But do what you gotta do, man. Ban me, delete, lock this post, or whatever. It's the truth, though and nothing you can do can change it.

If it's going to play out that way, ban me too. I stand behind the people in my city and how they reacted. We're all in the same boat, on the internet or in the flesh.

• Many, many players have repeatedly complained about Thad and Zack's negative attitudes.
  • Insulting or attacking others is not permitted on this board, and they did.
  • Both have been banned for similar offenses before.
I never said Hurricane Rita (or Katrina) was insigificant. I just think people shouldn't forget how much damage and death the Tsunami caused. It's easy to forget the suffering of others if they're far away, but the point is that Rita and Katrina victims are not alone, but rather another piece of humanity affected by natural disasters.

Growing up in Charleston, SC, I've seen my fair share of hurricanes (Remember Hugo, anyone?), and appreciate the power of them, especially one as big as Rita, and I hope you guys (including the banned dudes) come out okay.

There are ways of disagreeing with people without telling them to 'fuck off' or something similar, I would think calm discussions need not disintegrate into namecalling here.

Well, to be fair they are under a rather huge amount of stress. The prospect of my house, property, pets and indeed my own life being at risk would most likely make me say things that I may or may not have meant. In any case, it probably comes down to a misenturpretation, Wes' comment, if read in the right mindset, can be seen as somewhat like shrugging of the current situation. Especially when you are actually severely concerned about the situation, if it involves you personally, and physically.

Personally I don't believe they should have been banned. I think it comes down to a tragic misunderstanding, nothing more, nothing less, coupled whith tension running high due to the situation there.

Well, I wouldn't be against them coming back, maybe after they have enough time to get everything back in order and cool down.

I don't normally get into open statements like this since I'm rather new and don't have the right voice on the matter as a person who's been around longer but I agree entirly with Zakalwe.

((Other comments on the matter I will best leave out))

Wes said:
  • Many, many players have repeatedly complained about Thad and Zack's negative attitudes.
  • Insulting or attacking others is not permitted on this board, and they did.
  • Both have been banned for similar offenses before.
I never said Hurricane Rita (or Katrina) was insigificant. I just think people shouldn't forget how much damage and death the Tsunami caused. It's easy to forget the suffering of others if they're far away, but the point is that Rita and Katrina victims are not alone, but rather another piece of humanity affected by natural disasters.

Growing up in Charleston, SC, I've seen my fair share of hurricanes (Remember Hugo, anyone?), and appreciate the power of them, especially one as big as Rita, and I hope you guys (including the banned dudes) come out okay.

I hate to rock the boat, but the entire purpose of mentioning the tsunami was to trivialize what the citizens of the Gulf Coast have had to deal with with Katrina and now Rita.

Read what you said again:

None of these storms even compare to the destruction caused by the tsunami that hit east Africa, though, which had thousands of times the dead as New Orleans did.

That shit wasn't even relevant, dude. You brought it up just to say 'Well, so what if you're about to lose everything to this hurricane, because the tsunami was worse.' This isn't the time to remember the tsunami because it isn't relevant to this situation.

So you're banning those two for attacking and insulting others, when they were only retalliating for what they perceive as an insult from you.

As far as their 'negative' attitudes, get the hell out of here. A lot of people on this board are just sensitive as hell and can't handle being challenged when they post technology, a new race, or whatever.

What the hell. I'll bet my two cents.

Uso (Zack?) seems okay. Hardass, yes. And resistant to change. Which is annoying. And he has no time for folks he doesn't seem to take seriously, though he responds to them as if he does, which is nice and annoying.

But he's also the most dedicated dude in the tech department, save Wes and the YangMan. He seems to maybe/sorta/somehow knows this stuff. And I'd like my stuff looked at by such a knowledgeable hardass.

And what are we gonna do? Tell him to tone it down? Like Cora (Chris?)

If I had a dime for every successfully completed Internet argument . . . I might be able to afford a new Playstation 3. Out of millions upon millions of arguments.

And, er . . . he's been here. A long time. If he's been banned before, methinks he'll be back.

'Sides, this is emotional SA drama, to some extent. Let's all just chill. And play some MegaSlots. 'Cause I want the Mongler March again.

I dont think banning them was in any way justified. Honestly I see this much as Derran does (Holy crap...); they reacted to what in fact seemed to be brushing aside the fact that they might die, lose everything, etcetera.

I would have reacted similarly, Im sure, in their situation.

I'm Only Dancing said:
I dont think banning them was in any way justified. Honestly I see this much as Derran does (Holy crap...); they reacted to what in fact seemed to be brushing aside the fact that they might die, lose everything, etcetera.

I would have reacted similarly, Im sure, in their situation.
Reacting like that shows a lack of self-control not befitting of a member of our community. No matter how they felt, nothing gives them an excuse to personally attack another person on the Star Army forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back