• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

What is the current situation of the Free State?

Della

Inactive Member
Politically, relations with Nepleslia and Yamatai, internally, conditions of the various fleets and population, what's happening at the Great Lighthouse and in the other places that have been hit by Yamataian attack, etc.

The current situation is a bit confused (in my mind, at least). Can someone help me clear it out? I THINK I know what happened, but it's always better to ask.

Also, If there's need for something Freespacer-related, until Jessica returns I can try and fill in for her something, if nothing else, just to keep the 'spacers "alive" (news, etc) until she comes back. I know them quite a bit and helped her out with a couple of wiki articles on them, so I thought i could be of some help to SARP. I'd hate to see such a well-written race fall from activity and be forgotten.

No offense against the Freespacers intended, but it wasn't worth the effort to play it out for weeks. There were no spacer plots to involve and the outcome was inevitable due to Yamatai's staggering forces and technological superiority. It was more of a "well, let's get this stuff over with."

Staggering forces and technology only gets you so far. "It ain't the tech edge that wins it, it is how you use it." Same goes for the number of ships. A small squadron could decimate a larger force if they take a few things into account, and have a good head on their shoulders. Technology now? Technology can be an issue, but don't forget, just because you're facing a force lower in the proverbial "tech tree" then you does not mean they won't find ways to even things out with what they have and become innovative in its applications.

Tech and fleet size make up 20%, the rest is all skill. The Freespacers, Abwehrans, and other less advanced (No offense intended Jess and CMDR) can use what they got, and become very creative in its applications, making it all the more effective.

Soresu said:
No offense against the Freespacers intended, but it wasn't worth the effort to play it out for weeks. There were no spacer plots to involve and the outcome was inevitable due to Yamatai's staggering forces and technological superiority. It was more of a "well, let's get this stuff over with."

Staggering forces and technology only gets you so far. "It ain't the tech edge that wins it, it is how you use it." Same goes for the number of ships. A small squadron could decimate a larger force if they take a few things into account, and have a good head on their shoulders. Technology now? Technology can be an issue, but don't forget, just because you're facing a force lower in the proverbial "tech tree" then you does not mean they won't find ways to even things out with what they have and become innovative in its applications.

Tech and fleet size make up 20%, the rest is all skill. The Freespacers, Abwehrans, and other less advanced (No offense intended Jess and CMDR) can use what they got, and become very creative in its applications, making it all the more effective.
You make it sound like that actually have a chance, remember Fly, this was a JP that Wes made merely as a means of Yamataian propaganda to show their clear superiority over all lesser factions.

Cora, we know the fight was rigged...what Soresu and I are pointing out is that, even though the fight's outcome was somewhat set, the way it proceeded could have been more dignified for the recipients of the beatdown.

And Ex is right.

Y'know...

You could all maybe look at using this as the in-character basis of a conspiracy against Yamatai...

I mean, if they'll attack the Freespacers at the drop of a hat, why not the other factions too??

Just a thought...

Yes, but IN CHARACTER trouble :p

Which is always a lot healthier on Out Of Character relationships than this bickering and Wes-flaying that has occupied a fair portion of this thread (and the IRC) ;)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back