• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

What is the current state of female Neplesians?

Scot

Inactive Member
What is the current state of female Neplesians?

I read in the wiki they are rare, but even thinking about making one I'm not too certain of the conditions for accepting one. Such as are they limited from being assigned from front line positions?

The wiki itself doesn't really discuss what kind of protection they are in either, and seems to hint that "yes they are playable" but with so little information doesn't really indicate much about them.

Little information also makes me wonder about families that also have sisters or mothers, how the family structure is when females are in "protective custody" all the time.

The only line the wiki had on the subject of females was this...

"A Nepleslian is a human male. While female Nepleslians exist, they are also extremely rare and often closely guarded. Female Nepleslian adventurers are unheard of."

Which actually bugged me when was first making a Nepleslian, after all the entire wiki didn't mention anything about a separate world for females except for this one line near the end. It made it sound like if they found out a family had a female they are taken away and stored someplace, though what is this "someplace" is hardly explained or wherever they go is unexplained.

As you can see I am interested in making a female Nepleslian, but even making a male it has holes for newbies.

Ya not a simple question I guess, but it's been bugging me for a while.

I noticed this as well. As I do have one female Nepleslian as a Marine, I did include a small bit of her having to go through hell to get there. I am curious as to what the situation really is though. What it says and what I see differ.

While full-blooded Nepleslian women are rare, that's not to say females in Nepleslia are rare. The Geshrin race, an obsolete predecessor of the Yamataian body, are very integrated in Nepleslian society and, often enough, breed into the full-blooded Nepleslians.

I myself like to think that there are plenty of Nepleslian-Geshrin women around Nepleslia, although due to the seemingly-incurable Super-Y chromosome, have a much lesser chances of being female than male. THAT is how I explain the wiki stating that most Nepleslian women are sheltered; the full-blooded Nepleslian woman are, indeed, very rare and often kept safe by their parents whom are usually of a higher class.

It's also been suggested that cloning somewhat ruins to genepool, meaning you can't really mass-produce trueblooded Nepleslian women.

As a result, we have the (perhaps overly complex) gender balance Nepleslian maintains now.

---

As for them getting in the military, I would say that while it's not NEARLY as common as male enrollment, there are plenty of female soldiers and officers in the Nepleslian military machine.

I would also like to note that all female characters playing in Nepleslia are innately attracted to one Rico Sanroma. Although his phenomena has never been fully explained, its been rumored that all female genes of any race are genetically programmed to find this Rico Sanroma character, whom I have no affiliation with, irresistibly attractive.

Another unsolved Star Army mystery.

MoonMan said:
Although his phenomena has never been fully explained, its been rumored that all female genes of any race are genetically programmed to find this Rico Sanroma character, whom I have no affiliation with, irresistibly attractive.

*Looks at Moonie. Looks at Moonie's avatar. Whaps Moonie upside the head with Rico Sanroma.*

MoonMan said:
As for them getting in the military, I would say that while it's not NEARLY as common as male enrollment, there are plenty of female soldiers and officers in the Nepleslian military machine.
I thought that most women in the military had some other blood in them. Geshrin or otherwise.

Moon I think has the right idea, it's just assumed that a planet is pure of itself sometimes, earth is full of earthlings for example, that we don't really see that a place can begin to lose it's exclusive race title. However that would also mean the Nep's are really not Nep's anymore in the since that the DNA would eventually get mixed up with other races to the point of extinction.

Soon Nep's may be only known for that Super Chromosome thing, unless that gets bred out of other DNA. I mean, if there are no pure blooded Nepleslian woman, that means there are also no pure blooded males as well.

And just out of curiosity how many woman would Nepleslia would have to import to keep population steady? Though this question is probably something they are in the middle of trying to figure out, seeing as cloning didn't quite work out.

Honestly, I'm not even sure if Nepleslia cares to keep its blood pure. Nepleslian culture has been a lot more lenient on new species, unlike the other large nations of the setting.

Yamatai essentially forced all of its people to either move to Yamataian or Nekovalkryja bodies. Although I think they've lifted that requirement now, it's a bit late, and the entire population is essentially pure-blood Yamataian. The UOC came from Yamatai, so they remained pretty much the same. There is some relatively new mingling with the Lorath species, but other than that, also pretty clean.

Nepleslia, on the other hand, has not required any body/race changes since their conception, and is more or less a universal melting pot; we usually directly integrate the species into our society, or allow them to come and go as they please. Nepleslians, Geshrin, former-Yamataians, Delsaurians, Kohanians, and recently the Freespacers...we'll let anybody in really (except Nekos...we have a strict No-Neko policy). It's been like that for a while, and with all the intermingling between species, the line between true Nepleslian and Nepleslian as a citizen has kind of blurred.

For the better in my opinion. Nepleslian should be what you are proud to be called, not just what you actually are.

---

While cloning does dilute the genepool (supposedly), I don't think Nepleslia has much of a population problem. We're an active bunch of guys and gals, and one way or another we reproduce as we need to. I suppose that as of late we could be encouraging more of a 'baby boom' to start really filling out those colonial systems, I personally don't think our population growth is in too much danger.

The other true-blooded Nepleslian women before you had the same sentiment. And honestly, we're not going to be sticklers about it...there are always special cases, after all.

Yarg... I could imagine how freakishly bad it was to get a date with that ratio. Granted the Geshrin female population kind of evened things out to some extent.

You're not the only one Dragon. I've had a female nepleslian as well ya know. then again Kagura was more tomboyish. Then there's poor Jet that got kaserine'd so I imagine that counts.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back