• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

What technology is restricted?

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
Under the laws of Star Army these technologies are restricted:
HSCS
TDD
RDD
GWB
Transposition Cannons
Scalar Weapons
ST/SS Tech.
Technology involved in the creation of Zesuaium.
Interdictor Devices

Does this mean that no-one can by the blueprints or just that no-one can use it without paying the relevant organisations?

Also is a ban against any organistation developing it through their own independant research?

Just to give me an idea on how advanced nano-technology is in Stararmy, can you tell me some of the things it's used for? Has anyone exploited its medicinal properties yet (for Geshrin as well as Neko)?

Nekovalkyra, Mindy armors, and KFY starships use "HS" systems for repair and life support, which includ femto-scale constructs. In the latest Nozomi JP for instance, the

The nodal system is a network of femtomachines that spans the atmosphere of Yamatai and ships like the Nozomi. It's a ubiquitous multi-purpose system that can be used for almost anything, including "magic." KES also makes a yoctotronic AI system called MEGAMI, and dominates the industry with an iron fist.

So, not only are nanomachines common, but they (and smaller technologies) are used constantly in the everyday life of many Star Army ships and worlds.

After all t his time, I still don't understand the technical workings of stararmy....it all sounds so out of this world that it can't possibly be realistic *hides behind flame shield*

Nekos have "fast healing" and limited limb regeneration due to the nanites in their blood. Kinda like the Borg, really.

A Yamataian mage can probably do some pretty impressive damage in a nodal system. Although it wouldn't work anywhere else, obviously. It's a "home advantage or nothing" proposition.

So Stararmy does have very advanced nano-technology. Well then no one will mind if come up with some new uses. Before you say anything I'm not going to take the stararmy's nodal system, or even try. I'm just going to do somethings with nanobots.

I was just wondering if anyone had formulated a type of biological weapon, a military grade virus or bacterium? Just wondering.

Only an in-character corporation with a background in genetics would be able to do that, right?

I don't know. On Earth, bacteria and virus' are already being geneticly engineered to a high degree, and in the Stararmy technology is much more advanced. All you'd need is a advanced version of the genome project for the base strain, which a powerfull computer would do easily, and then use some genesplicing technology, and this is fairly basic to do.

In the Stararmy's technological standard (not NovaCorps) I would expect the use of nanobots or femtotech to manipulate DNA, and could be done even quicker.

So if NovaCorp hired some experts in genetics, put at their disposal a powerfull computer (for NovaCorp standards, which is very weak in comparison with StarArmy ones) and some technology, just slightly more advanced that Earth current. Is there any other problems?

PNUgen would not appreciate the competition, I'm sure. And PNUgen is a major corporation, meaning that they provide direct material support to the government. You'd likely have legal issues to work out.

I was told a bit back that the hyper powerfull quantum computers that the Star Arny uses would not be allowed, and indeed would be ridiculous NovaCorp having. And I tend to agree, it doesn't need that sort of computing power. However in a post where I was talking about conceivable computers for NovaCorp to have Wes said

If you want to make your own, bio-neural types and DNA computers would probably be within a decent reach for starting, given a proper research base.

However both of these computers would need genetic engineering, a pretty serious genetic engineering to if you want to get the good stuff. Has Wes recomended something that I can't do for legal reason due to PNUgen's domination of the genetic field as Yangfan sugested, or is their some loophole that allows the creation of computers?

PNUgen doesn't have a problem with that. Heck, they'll sell DNA computers and the tech/knowledge for NovaCorp to start making their own in return for some nice spaceships.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back