• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Section 6 When in USO do as the Thorns do

"Well the R1-SPA consists of a thick bodysuit like layer which still enhances strength, then there are the actual armor sections that go on it that hold the systems used in the armor." Jack continued on.

"Oh, this is my sister Sarah. This has been a recent discovery, so don't mind her." Jack said with a wave of the hand.

"Your not the one who thought thought their brother was dying a couple days. I trying to figure you out, and I still haven't. Maybe if you open.." Sarah was cut off mid sentence.

"I'd don't get you either, it took twenty years of hell for you to realize you had a brother, and to actually care enough to look for him! So enough, this not the time. I need a drink and to wrap my head around this before I open up." Jack said before walking back down the hall.

Sarah watched as he left back to the room where Amit and Thorn were working, "If only I'd known."
She instantly became aware of the stranger in the room, "Forgive my brother he's kinda depressing at times. I don't think we've been properly introduced yet."

Thorn was currently busy elbow deep in the fusion reactor on the work bench that she was preemptively calling hers, adapting it to be mechanically self regulating so she could use it in her portion of the lab to knock down power requirements. Startled, she ripped her hand free from the now cooled core while the rapid snapping of a laser marked the presence and activity of one of the laser sinters operating.

"Hey, sorry! Your brother kind of found me out in the desert and dragged me in here." She set down a wrench and wiped off her hands, looking back to check if Amit and Neera were still about. Returning her attention to Sarah, she extended a hand, barely noting the scratch.

"I'm Thorn, a pleasure to meet you, miss..."

He'll admit, he was a tinge speechless. One second, this Jack fellow comes across as the most stoic man he's ever met that wasn;t trying to kill him, next moment, he's walking away. Probably off to blubber. He may not have known what that deal was about, but it's clear as day what sort of weight her statement entailed. "I'll admit. I did not expect to see relationship issues with my boss the first day on the job." He tilts his head before shaking it. Best not dwell on it. It's none of his concern.

"I'm afraid not." He hums before pulling himself to his feet once more, offering a metal hand to her, fingers outstretched. "The name is Beaumont. I'm the new medic around here. And you are?" He hopes she would be unable to tell that his scanners are running along her figure, carefully eyeing her. He immediately would notice the scar running from her temple to her chin. Must be a merc as well. New title, same job he thinks. Guess patching up mercs is all I'm really able to do after all.

Medical...studious? Those words were enough to make the child pal and cling to his stuffed plushie. He didn't hear anything else as the cemented in fear went through his head.

"I'm Out!!" Amit stammered slightly as he shook.

His efforts to leave were useless though. As he didn't want his back exposed to the doctor in the room. Although, he ended up hiding behind Sarah when she entered the room. Quivering as he looked to the floor with Companion's face positioned over his shoulder. Acting as a look out of sorts.

"I'm trooper Pine, with Saber. This one here is Amit, Jack's adopted son and my nephew." Sarah said shaking Beaumont's hand before turning around and hugging the boy, stroking his hair.

"He was experimented on by people claiming to be doctors, and we found him on our last mission. Calm down Amit, this man is a medic, not a doctor, they make sure your ok not poke you with needles." she fibbed as she still stroked his hair.

"Neera, don't mind my smart ass, just the talking wolf in the room. Not really a big deal at all, because we're so common." Neera said to no one in particular as she sat with a sigh.

Jack was frustrated, so he defaulted to opening the shutters to his personal work shop. The shutter raised to reveal a good sized room full of tables covered in various parts for everything from weapons, armor, the DR1, and even mech parts. Jack walked over to his motorcycle and at a crouch began working on the fusion drive.

"Pleasure to meet you, miss Pine. I'm gonna go back to fixing a reactor before I get a new project that's probably gonna leave me stressed out displeased at my height." Self depricating humor. Gotta love it.

"Don't worry about it, Neera. I'm getting used to being set and forget. Besides, let's face it, you're not the weirdest thing I've seen this week." Thorn went back to her reactor, checking over the potential web and the radiovoltaic meshing over the core.

She found herself quite lost in the inner workings, searching and tinkering, oblivious to the goings-on near her.

Last edited:
"Sounds like the kid's had it rough. Guess I'm going to need to get a jar of lollipops or something. Can't have him freaking out every time he sees the 'big scary masked robot man'. No less I wouldn't suggest lying to him about the needle thing. It'd make us both into the bad guy if the kid ever needs a vaccine."

He'll admit, he was never comfortable working with children. Probably a fear from when he grew up in Funky City and seeing all the weird looks some men gave to him and his sister. "Though I'm not exactly a pediatrician." He would cross his arms and turn his attention to Neera. "To be fairly honest, 'weird' doesn't seem to cut it. I'd say more of 'interesting.' Are you a species from around here?"

"LIES!" Amit hissed, eyes narrowing. "He said medical studies, medical involves medicine and medicine involves needles!"

Amit shook Companion's paw as he made his retort, making it seem like the plush was trying to vouch for Amit's displeasure. Course he still stood there as Sarah hugged him and stroked his hair. It helped a little bit but...he wasn't sure on what he was gonna do. He took a deep breathe and merely held onto Companion. His gaze went to robot man and his eyes narrowed further.

"I am not taking a lollipops from you, evil doctor......" Amit growled.

Tacticus had been woken up by Izzy to go look for Amit, she had come to his quarters in a panic and roughly dragged him out of bed. One thing that Tacticus hadn't gotten used to yet, was having t have a sleep cycle. The former taurtron robot was now in a ST back up body of a elysian. Grey eyes blinked sleepily before he yawned, still dressed in his fuzzy soft blue pajama pants and a equally soft blue and white shirt. His white short hair was a bit disheveled due to having been woken up and not tending to it. Stretching his large red wings, he gave another yawn but obeyed Izzy's orders. So here he was, walking down some random hall. Though his wings twitched as a thought came to him and a smile spread to his face.

Spreading his wings, he saw that the hall was wide enough for his wings and with a few beats, he was in the air. His smile grew and went down the hall this way. There wasn't a lot of people about so he didn't have to worry about hitting into anyone. Glancing in the doorways he passed, he tried to halt when he had seen Jack. Jack didn't know yet about Tacticus's temporary body. Though he still failed in stopping fully and he did hit a wall. Causing him to groan and rub his forehead as he stood up. Course, he just ran back to the doorway he had seen the people in.

"Jack!" Tacticus said with a bit smile, his voice wasn't that he had in his old body so he sounded much different.

Jack looked up from what he was doing to look at the Elysian man, "I'm sorry do I know you, this isn't the place to safely be wandering around."

"Actually you do, it's me Tacticus." Tacticus replied, giving a weaker smile. "I..my old body kinda...well got squished and Vier transferred me into this one."

Tacticus stood there, not really sure on how well Jack would take that. After all, the man had wanted to be the one to fix him up originally. Only for it to end in disappointment as Uso took charge over that project. And now, Vier was fixing his old body. Trying to repair the squished bits of metal.

Jack's face turned into a mask of utter confusion, "The.........Hell?"

Neera looked at the winged man, "You seem kinda bird brained."

Sarah was unfamiliar with this man or the name, so she went back to talking with Beaumont, "So you'll be our new medic? I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of each other. Let me know if you need help with anything, or have questions."

"I got squished helping some locals and, they were able to transfer me into this..." Tacticus rephrased.

Looking down at Neera, he gave a shrug to her statement.

"Have you ever tried flying like this? IT's AWESOME!!" Tacticus said. "This honestly just happened recently, Izzy's been teaching me how to do things in this body and fly. You wouldn't believe how many times I cut my hands or burned em in the kitchen."

With the others making a nice show of meet and greet, Thorn decided she had some things to do with her first official day on the job. Granted she'd already been up for at least twenty hours, but she wasn't stopping any time soon. A quick snack of a ration bar hanging out her mouth, she closed up the reactor casing and hefted the object off her work bench, remembering very quickly that even small fusion reactors used to power base camps were heavy, and this one outweighed her by a good fifteen pounds.

Not that she couldn't lift it by any means, but that her balance was awkward and getting off the step stool more so. Predictably, she couldn't quite recover from the last step back, and fell over backwards with a loud squawking sound and a crash. Rolling the reactor off her chest, she checked to make sure it was okay before checking herself over and making sure she was as unharmed as she felt.

Sarah saw the reactor and Thorn falling and quickly came running over leaving Amit with Beaumont, "Honey are you okay? You shouldn't be lifting heavy equipment around the lab area." Sarah said picking Thorn up to carry her.

Thorn contented her self with rubbing her chest whilst in Sarah's arms. "I probably should have mentioned wanting to be carried around by a beautiful woman."

A slight smirk from the tiny woman as she made the flirty comment either cemented that Thorn was a rather special breed of depraved child or an adult trapped in a childlike body. When she had realized earlier that Amit had three inches on her height, possibly more, Thorn had felt a bit self conscious, but now... Frankly, Thorn didn't care either way, content to lay back and relish the softness of a taller person. If, that was, she could feel that through the EVA. "But call me honey a few more times and maybe buy me dinner and we can see where it goes from there?"

Last edited:
"I'll definitely take you up on that offer if need be. I'm still getting used to this place in the middle of who-knows-where." To cap off his sentence, he feels a victory smoke is due for getting the job. After all, this corner of the building is his now. May as well make smoking allowed. Just as he had pulled one from his coat pocket and his mask shifted upwards to reveal his mask, a loud crash could be heard beside the group.

It was Thorn, sprawled on the floor. He tilts his head before shaking it and looking to the kid. Oh right. He's here. He took it upon himself to never smoke with children present. Just to keep the secondhand away from them. He tucks the still unlit stick back into his pocket before propping himself in his seat, his mask shifting back into place and clicking. "Trust me when I say, kid, that I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm not evil. I'm not even a doctor. Never went to school for that shit." Perhaps, tomorrow, once the equivalent is dragged in, he'll be able to bring stuff from his ship over into here. Some nice decor. A mini fridge. Maybe some posters to make him seem a little more knowledgeable?

Amit's eyes went wide at the fact that Sarah left him in his spot. Holding onto Companion, he stood there shaking a bit. Course when he heard the doctor's comment, he glared at em.

"Liar!!" Amit retorted, choosing to hide under a table rather than trying to find someone to hide behind.

Tacticus tilted his head as Jack had choosen to remain silent. Something felt off. His red wings shifted and slightly rested on his shoulders a little.

"You...alright?" Tacticus asked. "I know this is...probably weird and you've got no reason to...well what's the best way to put it? Give a rat's ass about it? I just thought this was....really neat...I can take part in things now."

Due to how far along Izzy was she couldn't exactly rush around as fast as she wanted to. She eventually did find the group though and sighed as she walked in, a hand on her pretty noticable baby bump.

"Has anyone seen Amit?" She asked looking around at everyone in the group, she had hoped Tacticus had found him and he was somewhere close. "I woke up to find him gone, it's kind of worrying me."

She was obviously worried, her eyes wide. Amit was probably getting scolded when she found him just for worrying her. She didn't need this right now, and she definitely hated needing to worry.

Neera broke the following silence with a drawn out, "Awkward."

Jack finally broke out of his confusion, "Does no one send me the memos for shit anymore? Good find a workbench and start working, I need all the hands I can get around here."

Sarah's cheeks reddened, "um, well that's some interesting behavior you have there. Almost like......You are a little girl.....right?"

He sighs, shaking his head. Guess it's gonna take more than just some small talk and a couple sweets to get this kid on his side. The cyborg stands from his chair, taking a few steps away to start figuring out where everything is going to go. Hell, he doesn't even know what sort of equipment Jack intends to bring into this empty office - or why this empty office was even here in the first place. Perhaps the organization had plans for a medical bay, and they never got around to actually getting everything necessary for it due to a lack of a medic?

That may be it.

He turns on his heel and checks the hologram on his watch to get a sense of how much energy is left in his systems. Now is probably the best time to go and get a meal. He could use something to eat after all of that traveling on foot. His ATP stores are running low as ever. "Kid, I'm going to go grab some grub. You... go find Neera or something." And with that, he marches out from the room, heading down the same hallway as Sarah and Thorn.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back