• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Which is more common, KS or DA?

Neil John

Inactive Member
I'm confused(again), I'm making my character live off salvage since he doesn't get paid even at a destruction of a small town, instead he gets to keep whats he scavenges.

So the question is: Which is more common, KS or DA?

I can't seem to find an article in the wiki about this.

Re: Currency Issues

They're both accepted pretty much anywhere around the core of the map. As you go deeper into Nepleslia or Southwest into Yamatai's military sector they become much more faction-oriented (eg on Hanako's World it'd be KS-only and on Nepleslian frontier worlds it'd be most DA.

The exchange rate has been OOC fixed for simplicity purposes and DA and KS can be readily converted to each other on SARP's version of the internet or (for physical money) at banks and spaceports.

Hmm, wouldn't this page be more useful if it also included other currencies from allies, such as the UOC? HS – Hiewa Credits. And renamed to something like Currency around the SARPverse. It would be nice to have one place with links to the various currency systems, and a brief explanation like you have here for how prevalent.

Like the Elysian currency Aureas is fixed as 5 AR for every 1 KS. Probably still very prevelant in the Elysian worlds if only out of a sense of pride and heritage.

Do you want to add an "exchange rates" page to the wiki? We could have the FAQ page and various faction pages link to it. Though some nations would not have exchange rates yet (IAC and YSE for instance).

That is a question that has come up on occasion, and for the independent plots probably fairly useful especially when salvaging stuff.

As for no exchange rates for some, that is fine, no different than the international relations page.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back