• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Why do Nekos have surnames?

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably as much from force of habit as anyone in OOC. They are just used to being known as so-and-so. Like that high school nickname that you can never really get rid of.

Typically, ex-sprites take their creator ship's name as their surname; for example, "Sakura Cherry."

Name changes are available if desired. Many nekos choose their own names.

Okay so what I've gathered is this:

Nekos are born in small groups with identical last names: i.e. out of a production of 250 nekos there will be ~60 different family units.

The names are usually chosen from a pool of pre-approved last names, which is unique to each installation. Sometimes a techie (their creator) can give them his/her last name as well. Or possibly their own last names are included in said pool.

Like modern times, it isn't required that the neko keep the assigned last name, and it is capable of being changed.

Question Revisited and Revised
Given the above information, we could assume that nekos are in fact born in families, albeit a unique family, thus should this information be included in some part of the NH-29 wiki for new players who wish to incorporate this into their character? This could be an interesting way for some nekos to be related.

We should definitely add this to the NH-29 section, as well as link to it on the "Choosing a Name" page.

After reading this thread, I've started using this naming rule in a character i am working on. Just thought i'd throw that out there XD

I could say stuff.

But I won't.
Then don't post. We don't need pointless, negative posts like that.

If you read the thread, you'd see nekos CAN choose or change their names, so your point is probably invalid anyway.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back