Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Resolved Wiki article not loading after saving edit

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
When I go to edit a page, that works out just fine, but when I click "save" no new page loads.

@Legix said it takes ~ 20 seconds for the new, edited article to appear.

I don't have that kind of patience and have to click "show page" to get to the new, edited article.

I sometimes click save again and get a page that tells me there is a pre-existing copy with the same edits, just to verify that I did in fact save the page. I have not lost an edit -yet!- and I'm hoping it doesn't become an issue of that caliber. For now, it may be something to look into.

@Wes

It sounds like it's just taking a long time for the page to load. Right now there's a ton of wiki activity going on because of the recent wiki reorganization, which is slowing the wiki down a bit. Please try to be patient with it. Your edits will still get saved, it just takes longer than usual to render the page. This may go on for a couple days depending on how fast we can edit all these files. I currently have a spider going through the wiki doing it as fast as it will let us.

This should be resolved as it is no longer a problem. I just did a massive edit and it turned over to the new, loaded, edited page with no problem.

Yeah, I did a lot of repair/update work on the wiki today and fixing the delay was a big goal of that. Thanks for your patience!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back