• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Resolved Wiki article not loading after saving edit

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
When I go to edit a page, that works out just fine, but when I click "save" no new page loads.

@Legix said it takes ~ 20 seconds for the new, edited article to appear.

I don't have that kind of patience and have to click "show page" to get to the new, edited article.

I sometimes click save again and get a page that tells me there is a pre-existing copy with the same edits, just to verify that I did in fact save the page. I have not lost an edit -yet!- and I'm hoping it doesn't become an issue of that caliber. For now, it may be something to look into.

@Wes

It sounds like it's just taking a long time for the page to load. Right now there's a ton of wiki activity going on because of the recent wiki reorganization, which is slowing the wiki down a bit. Please try to be patient with it. Your edits will still get saved, it just takes longer than usual to render the page. This may go on for a couple days depending on how fast we can edit all these files. I currently have a spider going through the wiki doing it as fast as it will let us.

This should be resolved as it is no longer a problem. I just did a massive edit and it turned over to the new, loaded, edited page with no problem.

Yeah, I did a lot of repair/update work on the wiki today and fixing the delay was a big goal of that. Thanks for your patience!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back