• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Wiki Transparency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiki images are supposed to, when it makes sense, have a transparent background so they can work on multiple styles (I know this is not implemented on the wiki yet, but still). I've made the wiki's background slightly transparent so we can tell which images need to be updated. If you see a wiki image with the solid dark blue background, please change it to transparent or link it here and I'll do it.

Edit: Please note that tables are not transparent and this is intentional.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but all of the footnotes are presently unreadable. Hovering over a footnote's number produces a box with a white background which makes the white text impossible to read without highlighting it. This is made further difficult by the footnote boxes sometimes refusing to stay open long enough to highlight the text.

I have tested multiple pages with the same result, so I do not believe it is a one off bug.

Thanks for pointing this out. I've fixed the background of the in situ footnotes.

Well whatever the case, don't let it become a permanent thing.
Why not? It looks better this way.

Posting to confirm that the footnotes are indeed visible now.

Also, while I do prefer a solid dark background. I have noticed that the transparency has been modified to be a little darker since its initial state, which has made it much easier on the eyes. That or my eyes have adjusted to the transparency. I can't say for certain

I've just cranked it up from 80 to 85% so it should look more solid now.

Edit: Went back to 83%, 85 was too blue so this is a compromise.

I think this will work for me, it looks good at the moment. Hopefully it isn't bad for others.

Thank you for working out the footnote issue so quickly, and working to make the wiki easier on the eyes Wes.

I wish the wiki had easy style selection like the forums do. It would be wonderful if we could just pick the ones we like most.

Edit: Tried suggesting it to DokuWiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…