• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP Within the law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Candon shrugged, "he's a solid tactician. I have no idea, maybe I'll just have to ask Yui herself."

"Well, thanks for being open, I didn't know what to expect when I invited you. I actually thought you might try to kill me through the door," he added with a chuckle, "I'd like to know a bit about your organization, nothing sensitive of course, it's just that I, and SAINT for that matter, have no idea what you all are doing out ther- I'm sorry, I invited you to dinner and didn't think to call for food." He picked a laminate menu from the table and offered it to Uso.

Uso turned down the menu, "I'm attempting a candy-only diet for tonight. My crew is hitting up a party on Nepleslia after we finish here."

She would pause for a moment, taking another small drink before continuing,

"Would you believe we're running an uplifting operation? Setting up modern civilization on a backwater planet? We've been able to fund most everything using local resources but it is more complex than just setting up school... I'm having to price HVAC units on an industrial scale!"

Uso would smile a bit before setting down her glass,

"SAINT and I don't get along too well, but I know how hard the job can be. I don't need to make things difficult for you."

"I appreciate that, we don't need any more trouble than we're currently dealing with," he thanked her, then warned, "whatever your doing obviously isn't an issue for us. Please, don't got bold and start working against us. The SAoY has no intention of bothering you. They would only ask that you do the same."

Uso responded calmly, the voice in her head screaming at her not to be snarky.

"That seems fair, Do keep an eye on James for me. I'd hate to see him shoot himself in the foot again."

"He seem like the type to do that often, I'll keep my eye on him," Candon replied with a chuckle, " thanks for answering my questions, is there anything you'd like to ask me before you go?"

Uso looked at him, her smile a bit more predatory this time,

"Is there a Mrs. Candon at home?"

Candon did his best to suppress his laughter, but couldn't stop the slight blush on his cheeks. "Nope, I've managed to dodge that bullet for years now. Besides, most of the women I work with aren't even half my age," he took a deeper drink from his wineglass, book returns more sober, "the truth is, my relationships tend to end a same way."

"Well, stop by my neck of the woods sometime," Uso said, finishing off her drink and setting it down on the nearby table.

She would then get up from her seat and head towards the door, "I have people waiting on me, but you have my number if the Old man gets himself into trouble again."

Candon gave only a simple nod has she left. He knew had no contact information but was sure it would be provided. Besides, he didn't need the drama of knowing until it was necessary. Odds were that someone was going to be looking into his private life to throw red flags. Who else uses there shore leave to investigate an Admiral's pet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back