• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Women on Nepleslia

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
Okay. Clarification time.

Wes said that mass cloning is normally used on Nepleslia. Fair enough.

But we've got several ways of making a woman.

1. Androids (ground up or man converting his body to android fem)
2. Sex changes
3. Gene therapy (start from fetal clone, move on from there)
4. Cloning Geshrin females infused with non-ID-SOL DNA

Those four measures have to be used to some degree. An entire planet of men jacking off and seeing nothing but other men all day is lexically insane. There has to be a percentage of men who are secretly gay, openly gay or really frustrated.

Seriously. This is not Saber Marionette J were talking about, right?

I want to know how this "Super Y" bull came into being myself.

I mean, I can't understand how the nelpeslian race can exist if 9.9 out of every 10 people is a man. Wouldn't scientists have tried to counteract with a "super X" somewhere? Or atlest tried to genetically alter (since the tech even from the begining of the SARP is so advanced they could generate fully sentient life) a batch of embryos into women? Or trying some measure into dampening the "Super" in the "Super Y?"

What is needed is the introduction of a "Super X"... that is all, without me making a comment about Lorath females etc etc.

The reason for a predominantly male population may not be purely scientific. It could simply be the result of an anti-female movement in their history somewhere. Maybe being a society that puts emphasis on 'Prussian' values caused them to see women as unproductive, since many males spend a good portion of their time courting women and doing/thinking unmentionable things. Perhaps they believed males to be the 'stronger' sex, and believed an all-male population would result in greater productivity and larger armies. Or maybe a combination of the three.

But I'd imagine the male libido would be a large obstacle. Possible solutions would be using genetic engineering or medication to reduce libido, or more simplistic solutions such as brothels with Neko servants. But seeing how something like the latter would probably be high profile in an all-male society, it's unlikely brothels wouldn't have been mentioned until now. Medical treatments are more likely since it'd explain why Nepleslians never seem to discuss sex, despite the naturally high male libido. It would also explain why issue of no women is handled so well by the general population.

Leutre Veressis said:
Medical treatments are more likely since it'd explain why Nepleslians never seem to discuss sex, despite the naturally high male libido.

This is more because Tom, Grand Poobah of Nepleslia, doesn't do sex scenes like Wes does. I mean, Wes is king there.

There are more females around on Nepleslia than females being born there, because there are a lot of Nekos and female Yamataians from other planets. They mostly consist of:

• Thrillseekers - Financially well-off people who traveled to Nepleslia to seek out danger.
  • Ex-pats - Employees of Nepleslian corporations, or perhaps self-employed entrepreneurs starting a business there, who grew attached to the planet and decided to stay permanently.
  • Exiles - Some people just don't fit in on Yamatai, and exiled themselves.
  • Criminals - Those wanted by the law can easily evade capture on Nepleslia, although they take care to avoid even Nepleslian police.
  • Slaves - People illegally held on Nepleslia against their will.

So, in conclusion, there are more females on Nepleslia than you'd expect from the birth rates. Females are still very much in the minority, however.

Please take in to account that Nepleslians are not big on genetic engineering - and given that they are based on Americans - and knowing how the American by and large view Transexuals I doubt many would.

Nepleslians may not be big into genetic engineering, but I don't think the average Nepleslian would have a problem with more females running around on the planet.

Besides, the government could spin a Eugenics program as a patriotic necessity to encourage the continuation of their culture (somewhat like the war on Terror).

Zakalwe said:
"Men, do your duty! Grow a vagina for your country!"

Ten internets to that awesome quote.

But hey, cant we reconfigure those mass cloning machines to dig chicks instead?

Well, it shouldn't be that hard. I mean, everyone already has an X chromosome (Male: XY, Female: XX), so it'd a matter of removing the Super Y and replacing it with a normal X.

I think part of the problem may be making a normal "Y" chromosome, as an example likely does not exist which is compatible with Nepleslian DNA. That particular chronosome has likely been lost to time.

There's still some normal guys and girls around who reproduce normally. They tend to stay away from the population centers like downtown Funky City, though.

Wes said:
There's still some normal guys and girls around who reproduce normally. They tend to stay away from the population centers like downtown Funky City, though.

Hmm, that is some good info, it may provide some nice background for Miles' family.

I feel that if Females really are hard to come by, they would put a reproduction ban on anyone with a Super Y. Go extreme measures and form the Eugenics system. What else could they do? Keep up they way they are going and given women can only really have a certain amount of children before their bodies start to just not be very good. Actually, having too many could drastically shorten a woman's life. Start a breeding program maybe? I could see the advertisment already.

"Hey ladies and gents! Want to have copious amounts of sex with people who have excellent genes to have children you won't actually have to be responsible for? Sign up here!"

Men with no trace of the Super Y gene, as well as no negative genetic conditions only. That would be a eugenics program for the ages XD

@Gunhand4171?

Yeah... no... I not gonna ban anyone with the super y gene from having kids. There are already several other alternatives that are stated at the top of this thread about it

It's worth noting that banning men with the Super-Y from having kids would result in a 1:1 male-to-female births ratio, while all the alternative methods result in a 0:1 male-to-female birth ratio for those using them. So, using them is a whole lot more efficient at restoring the population balance than a ban would be.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back