• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC [Yamatai] YE 38: Astral Reverie - SAINT/Special Operations RP

raz

SAINT Director
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Astral Reverie is a story about SAINT and Spec Ops soldiers from the Star Army of Yamatai. If you are interested in playing a character, PM raz to talk about future openings.

PRE-EDIT POST: Yo, raz here. As some of you know and a few of you don't, I'm a fan of Yamatai and Yamataian plots. I have some free time again and wanted to roleplay in the Open RP forum.

Characters will be part of a Yamataian Special Operations Fire Team, which is a unit of 4 to 5 elite soldiers who tackle the Empire's toughest missions. It's like Rainbow Six or XCOM with Neko! Beyond that, I can take one SARA test pilot, and will accept SAINT headquarters staff and regular ship's bridge crew, though the staff/crew characters will have inherently less screen time. Once the RP's started, we'll be able to easily accept new characters until at capacity. Please note that SOFT characters DO NOT need to be SAINT operatives; non-SAINT SOFTs exist.

The RP's got a good first story arc filled with hot power armor action and investigative intrigue lined up. We'll breach ship bulkheads and travel to the edge of the galaxy with 80s mecha anime intro songs playing in the background.

To join, post here and make a character or PM me and make a character.

Last edited:
Oh, sweet!

PS: It should read "YE:38." Finger slipped on the numpad and thread titles aren't editable.

Will you accept existing characters transferred from other plots?

I'll fix the thread title.

If they fit the role, then existing characters can certainly participate. I assume they'd have to be recommended for a SOFT slot by their CO or something similar.

Did my Orochi Squadron plot give you some inspiration for this? Good to see you getting back into the swing of things though, raz. :)

Unfortunately, I can't participate right now due to being way overbooked. But maybe down the line, or bit appearances may be doable.

Made the first post over on the Yamataian faction forum, here, since it seems like it'll just be Rev and I for now. People are still welcome to participate if they post here or shoot me a PM. Otherwise, I can do this all day ^^

Every position on the SOFT team from Star Army Command is open (sniper, medic, heavy, sapper, soldier). They'll mostly focus on power armor and commando combat. If subterfuge is more your thing, I can take an intel operative and have you do information gathering things. I'd be glad to have you in either case. Anything you're interested in playing in particular? You can shoot me a PM, too, if that suits you.

As a new player, you should probably have a character hop onto a ship with more players as well, though! Socializing with regular Star Army crews is one of the most important parts of the site! I suggest checking out the Hanami Festival thread.

Any of the roles work, but I prefer the medic. War doctors are the third best doctors, behind mad scientist Doctors and time travelling ones.

D'you want a human or neko, or other?
Any specific rank? Anything special to take into consideration before I go nuts on the character creation part? Any specific plot points I should know that I can't glean from reading the thread?

I have begun adding OOC notes on NPCs to the wiki article to help readers keep up with neat things they might otherwise miss. Will keep it updated as I think of things to put there.

Sorry to double post (as always, rofl) but my wife surprised me with a really cool quick commission of SAINT operative Akechi Kiriko-juni! She made me tell her about my intel Nekos one night after seeing me write a bunch; should have known she was up to something. Rad.

Tagging @Wes because Star Army arts.

Attachments

• akechikiriko.png
    akechikiriko.png
    804.8 KB · Views: 18
Oh wow, I really like this artwork especially the shading that gives it a glossy look.

I'm most pleased with her bust (artistic term, though hers isn't bad). So cute!

Sorry for not posting or getting to anything that I need to move the story forward. It's been a chore week since I don't have any work deadlines right now.

By the way, do you want a critique on the art? Mainly I have some suggestions with making the uniform more accurate.

I'm aware of the issues with it (white undersuit, funny belt, lack of patches/insignia, funny perspective on the leg holes). Given that it was a gift to me with a 2 day turnaround, I figured the most important problems (white undersuit, insignia, belt buckle) could be fixed in photoshop at some point, since Type 22s were varied in the past according to the wiki. The plot also uses flashbacks, so I was reasoning to myself that it might be Kiriko looking cute in a pre-YE 33 bodysuit. Saw the email that was sent to the commissioner and it used Shina and Nat as examples, along with your uniform color reference grid.

If there's anything else I'm not seeing, I'd love to know, though!

Last edited:
Well, my main things were:
  • Boot color is normally gray
  • Belt needs a buckle
  • Color palette
Also I got confused and thought that this was your art at first. Sorry about that.

Looking at it, I'm going to guess that it was drawn by Alli perhaps?

The girl who did it is a one-off tumblr my wife gets cute couple commissions of us from. I'll ask if she'd like to do more Neko!

I gave Kiriko a belt buckle and more blue-gray tights (which, for me, make the picture look way more complete).

Sorry for the white boots/belt! I really enjoy the retro Lexxy look~ It helped get me hooked on SARP, after all.

EDIT: OMG something was still getting to me and it's that she has a bodysuit with sleeves and I can't fix it with photoshop. Still, I'm pretty happy with her. Very cute tsundere intel waifu.

Attachments

• retroneko.png
    retroneko.png
    135.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back