• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Yamataian Power Sources

Soresu

I've been wondering for awhile now, besides Aether how prevalent are other power sources? Like, which types are more often used than others. Anti-Matter, Fission, Fusion, 'Quantum Foam', RTGs those old 'Quantum' Reactors I saw on some of the older pages. I ask mostly out of curiosity since while Aether is neat and all...

What if an Aether reactor went offline. What would it be replaced by for secondary power? Just to name a situation.

Aether: Very common
Fusion: Very common
Anti-matter: Rare, mainly in military/government spaceships
Fission: Very Rare
Quantum Foam/ZPE: Rare
RTG: Rare

Fusion is the usual standby for stuff, unless it's a Star Army ship in which case anti-matter might be preferred if available.

The way I see it, it makes sense for Yamataian warships to take the risk of carrying anti-matter if they need it for ammunition (such as the Plumeria's railguns), then it's sort of worth it to also have it on hand for an alternate Matter/Anti-Matter power source.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back