• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Yggdrasill 3-D CG

These are screenshots of a 3-D Yggdrasill made in GameStudio A5's WED. Not the newest program out there, as it can run on a P-II, but it's fun to play with. These are in PNG format, and combined the pictures are less than 500K.

Note: SRSS-000 may not be the final designation number of the Yggdrasill.

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_ygg1.png
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_ygg2.png
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_ygg3.png
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_ygg4.png
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_ygg5.png
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_ygg6.png
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_ygg7a.png

Nice work!

The Vampire class just got 100% cooler.

*Looks up the Vic Viper*

If the Yggdrasill is ever multi-produced (I am reluctant to say mass-produced), maybe that scheme will be available. ^^

The Vic Viper is the greatest fictional fighter ever. Better than the VF-1 Valkyrie. Better than the ADF-01 Falken. Better than the thing from R-Type. Way better than anything from Star Wars. I could go on...

When you have something that can travel through time and has more firepower than an entire fleet, but gets destroyed in a light breeze, you know it's aweseome.

To FM:
Maybe it is the best, maybe it isn't, I wouldn't know. Though I love the NES, Gradius isn't a game I've played. And I've imported. XD

I play Macross Scrambled Valkrie (Famicom), myself.

To DocTomoe:
The Yggdrasill was just designed. it is a Vampire Reflt, but extensive enough of a refit to warrant it being called a variant or a custom, and only one guy has ever made one to this point, though he may refit more in the future, or maybe a company might adapt the design or something. You never know. In addition, it is a grappler ship. ^^

https://stararmy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3322

... Grapplers... I know exactly what Grapplers are, and now I think that there may be a future for a Yggdrasil production yard in the Lor system. :)

The Yggdrasill is intended for Search, Rescue, and Salvage, but also has some asteroid mining potential. It also retains the original Vampire's combat abilities(plus those given by the added systems of course, most of which can be used in combat).

Does this mean that the Yggdrasill might be targeted by the Lorath for copying or something if they learn of her ICly? :D

Nah, my starship design intent for the Lorath would be along the lines of heavy cruisers equipped with large (non-planetkiller) cannons, and starfighters.

But of course, Vampire variants could be purchased to augment Lorath fleets.

Forgive my ignorance, but are the Lorath an enemy of Yamatai?

Another matter is that manually piloting a Yggdrasill in an area it is meant for, close-proximity debris, wreckage, and asteroid fields, can be difficult, and even going on automatic is still a good way to cause vertigo if they lack experience. It's not something one can just pilot right away at maximum efficiency. Toshiro still has work to do, though he is adjusted enough to not get vertigo, and can even pilot the ship manually if needed. A person trained in Vampires can likely pilot the Yggdrasill...until they try to use some of the less conventional systems, like the Dynamic Thruster System, the Grapplers, or the Pulsers.

It's not just the ship, but also the pilot. Not only must they be able to take moving swiftly in any direction, but they must also be skilled in the custom applications of the vessel's systems.

Finally, Toshiro designed the Yggdrasill to preserve life, as well as to honor his older brother's memory, and would find it difficult to build it as a primary tool to end life, so getting a Yggdrasill from him might be hard if he questions the motives of the person requesting one.

This doesn't mean it is impossible for the Yggdrasill to be made for others, but this early on, it may be harder than some other vessels, especially since only one person has made one. This may get easier in the future, though, so who knows, maybe you will have that fleet of Yggdrasill one day. Also, it may be at least in part for the moderators to decide if Toshiro keeps holding exclusive power over the Yggdrasill line or if it is made open to others. ^^

Edit: Bonus pics, because two-tone blue is dead sexy. This one is labeled SRCS-0XX, "Kenichi".

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_ken1.png
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_ken2.png
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_ken3.png
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_ken4.png

RPG-D RPGfix
Back