• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Yngwie Malmsteen!

I'm Only Dancing

Inactive Member
Yes. More music threads from me.

Aside from being one of my favorite guitarists, EVER (along with Mick Ronson, Reeves Gabriel, Jimi Hendrix, David Gilmour, and Daniel Ash... oh, and Carlos Alomar...) he is just plain awesome.

As shown by such notes as...

Yngwie released Unleash the Fury in 2005. As stated in an issue of "Guitar World" magazine, he titled this album after the infamous 'airline incident', which occurred in a flight to Japan for the 'Odyssey' tour. He was drunk and behaving obnoxiously, until he fell asleep and was roused by a woman pouring a jug of iced water on him. Enraged, he shouted, "You've released the fucking fury!" The audio from this moment was caught on tape by a fellow band member.

He is a fantastic guitarist.

But his arrogance and self-indulgent inability to share a stage continually drive people away from him. Of all the people who ever played with him, theres only one who actually considers him to have positively influenced their music...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back